Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is stadium truck dead?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

Im a old school racer i got out for a few years came back and was like wtf is them sct things. I did have to get one just so i could race local. Too many classes really washed it out bad.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Prophet

All it takes is four ST trucks to show up and race and better yet let a racer that races something else try the truck out thats how you get it growing.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

it's not what it used to be. i used to love stock truck back in the day.
i don't plan on running st again unless it makes a huge comeback around here.
i'll be honest, i don't miss it.
i think the big problem with stadium trucks is that most outdoor tracks are now geared for gas 1/8th scale and the st are just to small for the huge tracks/jumps you're seeing outdoors now.
take them indoors on tight/small tracks and their competing with smaller nimble buggies and short course trucks that work out better in tighter spaces.
don't get me wrong, i love stadium trucks but i remember friends coming to the track and asking what it was. they couldn't tell a big difference between the trucks and buggies.
the short course trucks are realistic and a blast to drive.
i think the problem, at least around here, is that we don't have a novice class anymore.
it seems that new drivers show up and buy a slash or other sc and get thrown right into the sc class.
i run buggy to work on my finesse driving and sc for all out racing.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

I got into the hobby looking for a sct and was surprised that they didn't exist. So the closest thing was an st. I just never really understood st. Being open wheel it was essentially just a slightly larger buggy with protected shocks. I did race the class since it was more suited to the local 1/8 track than a buggy. The Slash came out a year or two later. I didn't mind that SCT took over ST for the most part. Trucks should be closed wheel, buggies should be open. I converted my ST to a bug for bashing. I like the chassis and ST wheels still. But now it looks scale to a long arm desert bug.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
I got into the hobby looking for a sct and was surprised that they didn't exist. So the closest thing was an st. I just never really understood st. Being open wheel it was essentially just a slightly larger buggy with protected shocks. I did race the class since it was more suited to the local 1/8 track than a buggy. The Slash came out a year or two later. I didn't mind that SCT took over ST for the most part. Trucks should be closed wheel, buggies should be open. I converted my ST to a bug for bashing. I like the chassis and ST wheels still. But now it looks scale to a long arm desert bug.
+1 I hope stadium truck never comes back. They were ugly back then, they're even uglier now(cab forward cartoon bodies).
Old 10-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Stadium trucks and truggys are badass looking and fun to drive, who cares if they're not "scale" we're playing with toys
Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I grew up back in the day racing ST (LXT's, XXT's) and loved it, it kinda makes me sad to see them on a decline, they are fun to drive. I really dislike SCT's, too much banging off each other.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We just opened an indoor track in our town. 2wd buggy is by far the biggest. 4wd SCT is a close second. All of us just got stadium trucks as well. They are fun, it's like driving a big cushy pillow lol. Way less stressful than 4wd SCT as well
Old 10-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In my area, SCT's were HUGE the last 2-3 years...and ST has virtually been non-existent except for "big" races...that's really the only time the ST's have come out. (seems everyone has one, just don't bring them to the track?!)

BUT, I would say since the begining of 2013, SCT (mainly 2wd) has been quickly declining. SCB's have been dominating 2wd short course lately! Seems the SCT guys are either selling or converting to SCB's.....and Ironically, ST's are making a comeback.

I run SCB and ST. I can't stand short course trucks. They look cool, but drive like shit.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
I grew up back in the day racing ST (LXT's, XXT's) and loved it, it kinda makes me sad to see them on a decline, they are fun to drive. I really dislike SCT's, too much banging off each other.
+1 I remember the jrxt days and the jg conversion kits. I absolutely will not buy a 2wd shortbus. Guess I'm old school I prefer clean racing !
Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mbtoolmaker35
+1 I remember the jrxt days and the jg conversion kits. I absolutely will not buy a 2wd shortbus. Guess I'm old school I prefer clean racing !
Yes open wheel does come with clean racing but there's a lot of people who can race short course clean
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well at my local race tracks sct was big but once 2 or 3 peaple started bringing there stadiums and people seen how much faster nimbler the stadiums were then class got big and very competitive. Not that sct isn't competitive. The stadium here is big and sc is getting smaller. Myself i love the the stadium open wheel racing
Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Stadium is making a come back, Sure SC looks more like the real thing, There is too many SC that can't run clean. I always bring my Stadium truck, if they race, the Short course stay's in the truck.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I like how people keep saying that SCTs look real. The shape, maybe. The paint jobs I see at my track on SCTs are all flamboyant as hell. Pinks, purples, sparkles, flames, tribals, etc. The 1:1 trucks don't look that fruity! Stop with the 90's paint jobs everybody!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
I like how people keep saying that SCTs look real. The shape, maybe. The paint jobs I see at my track on SCTs are all flamboyant as hell. Pinks, purples, sparkles, flames, tribals, etc. The 1:1 trucks don't look that fruity! Stop with the 90's paint jobs everybody!
+1 on this. Seeing replica Pro 4 trucks at the RC track got me back into R/C cars. I will never buy a stadium truck, because they're not really trucks, and not really buggies, just an r/c with big tires and a weird looking body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.