Wiki Posts
Search

Esc Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Post Esc Help!

Hi,
I was thinking ahead of what i was going to buy for my HB D8T and i was wondering if the Hobbyking 150A High Performance Brushless car esc would work with the Turnigy Trackstar 1/8th Sensored 2350kv Brushless motor Because the Hobbyking esc says it doesnt work with 4 pole motors and yet Hobbyking recommends it as a combo
Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Well they both are sensored, and idk why they would say not to use 4pole, but if it says 4pole will damage the esc then I would not recommend using 4pole, due to the fact that if something does happen to go wrong, it might make the warrantee void!!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Hobbywing 150a ESC (the SpeedPassion version) and a Tekin 2000 worked well in my D8T conversion.

But you should also take a long look at the Viper or new Speed Passion ESC's as well.

My D8t ate 2 RX8's in 3 race days. Vibration and shock wore out the bottom board on one, the other burst into 4" flames in the pits.