Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Cobalt or D6

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Trinity Cobalt or D6

Hey, Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on these 2 motors. Which One is Newer? I will be getting a 10x2 for my certain track, so im just wondering on what one to get. I know the Cobalt comes with the Lemons Brush, how are them? how long do they last?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

The cobalt is the new of the two motors and the prefered mtoor of the two. The XXX brushed work extremely well and last many com cuts. So far I have 40 runs on my 12x2 and the brush is only maybe 1/16 shorter than a new brush and performs just like if it was new. The D6 has good power, they just run hot and are gear sensitive. I suggest getting the Cobalt, it is a great motor, smooth and plenty of power.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

I just got my Cobalts ( 11x2, 14x2 ) and I have to say they are the best motors I have ever run. The XXX Brushes last forever. There is only one downside to the Cobalt, you have to cut them a bit. The Trinity guys may say they get 15-20 runs.. I simply cannot see it, I got 5 maybe 6 runs with the 6th run being a dog with my 14x1. I myself could not care less about the cutting, I am one of those weird people that like to do motors. All in all, having ran both a D6 and a Cobalt, I definatly will choose Cobalt and will continue to run my Cobalts until I cant anymore ( I'm sure those XXX brushes will outlast that) It will remain as my favorite motor for now, plus it has a blue led light... and nothing is better than blue.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

and also you can run the same springs as you do on a stock motor like a monsterstock, right? would it hurt to run like red springs instead of the purple ones? less tension on the brushes to wear quicker, i know then that you will lose speed to, but oh well, not much competition at my club track
Old 05-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Definately go with the Cobalt. It's one sweet motor. High Velocity has some cheap, fast and come with the XXX Brushes. I run a 12x2 Cobalt from them.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trinity recomends using red springs for 2wd buggy and purple for 4wd/truck. I tried red but it made the motor a little soft for my taste so I stuck with purple.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on these 2 motors. Which One is Newer? I will be getting a 10x2 for my certain track, so im just wondering on what one to get. I know the Cobalt comes with the Lemons Brush, how are them? how long do they last?

I have not tried the D6 but I have tried the cobalt and love it.

Team Tekin
Team Surge
Bkpaintwerks.com
Old 05-31-2005, 06:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hey, is there any reseller companies that buy the cobalts from trinity and tuen them? like team brood or team paradigm?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

although i use yokomo based motors from lrp. those cobalts are so sexy, fast to
Old 06-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think you can get a tuned one from Team Br00d . Team Paradigm is having some issues right now, people not getting there stuff or money back which is a shame as I like there motors so I would pause before ordering from them.

If you can stand a regular one, ultimatehobbies sells them for $49.95 and I think you can get free shipping on them too.

I have a 10 x 2 I run for 4wd mod and also mod truck when the class is run and i love it. The motor has lots of power and a very smooth bottom end. ( round wire version ).
Old 06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Hey, is there any reseller companies that buy the cobalts from trinity and tuen them? like team brood or team paradigm?
Lefthander Rc has the Team 1,Kc And Kisbey cobalts in stock.