Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blade329
That's the type of environment I run on. I use the stock diff/shock fluids, but I ended up changing the wheelbase to smallest and moved the rear hub mounting holes to the inner ones. The servo saver is tightened all the way. With Gridiron soft tires, this thing was really hooked up.
thanks, so you would let the suspensions stock? tracks are really rough & dusty here and I feel stock setup is not suited to these conditions

maybe I should use dgrobe setup (I'm using it but shocks are stock)?
- grey-blue springs all around (linear), stock is progressive springs with 3 stripes
- 8 x 1.2mm holes pistons all around (stock is 8 x 1.3mm in the rear)
- 650 oil in the front, 600 in the rear (stock is 500 in the front, 600 in the rear..)
Old 05-19-2014, 11:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
thanks, so you would let the suspensions stock? tracks are really rough & dusty here and I feel stock setup is not suited to these conditions

maybe I should use dgrobe setup (I'm using it but shocks are stock)?
- grey-blue springs all around (linear), stock is progressive springs with 3 stripes
- 8 x 1.2mm holes pistons all around (stock is 8 x 1.3mm in the rear)
- 650 oil in the front, 600 in the rear (stock is 500 in the front, 600 in the rear..)
It depends on the layout at my track. The current layout is fine with mostly stock setup. Good tires are must though here.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
sweet buggy

let us know how it went
I rolled the xb8 conversion stock with the exception of: 650/500 shock oil and 5-5-5 in the diffs and it was decent. I tried stiffer shock oil due to it being heavier and it was a little numb. When I went back to 550/400 it came alive again. I ended up moving the clips on the upper arm to decrease caster to 11* and it wasn't bad. I'm still dialing in the setup. One thing I noticed swapping shocks from the nitro buggy to the e buggy is that he front was much heavier in the e buggy. I had to add 4 turns to the preload to get the ride height back. I think this weight transfer can be used to an advantage but more testing is required. Overall it had more controllable steering than the xb9e and increased corner speed. I do think the overall speed of the buggy was less using the exact same motor/ esc/ pinion but that can be adjusted. Overall it's a nice drive.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gentleman , I am converting a xb9 12 to E buggy and wanted to ask how well the set ups transferred between the Nitro and Ebuggy . Have you had luck with the same set up on both of them despite the weight difference ?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

what weight difference? my xb9E weighs 40g more than my nitro one.. exact same set up except I prefer 5,7,3 in the E as opposed to 5,5,3 in the nitro to use the extra torque.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Do the DE Racing skid plates for the XB9 fit without modification?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Yes but I think they suck.. too soft and the screws pull through them so the rear plate curls up. T-Bone racing 808 plates also fit and offer way better rigidity and a bigger front plate that protects the entire kick up as it extends and fits to the steering post screws too.

I do dremel the TBR plates a little so they follow the exact shape of the chassis but that's just cause I'm a little anal about tidy fitting.

here you go.. they actually list them as xb9 now but same plate
http://t-bone-racing.net/XB9-c434/
Old 05-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Anyone running the brass weight in the front center? Car has a nose up characteristic off of jumps…letting off the throttle doesn't help as much and with a little less front droop it starts to even out some….I literally have to let the trigger go completely about 3ft before hitting the face of the jump for it to fly straight……hold the throttle any longer and the nose is up….and the brakes are not bringing the nose down fast enough to downside smoothly and not allowing the car to settle fast enough. Running the stock springs all around, and car is great everywhere else on the track….still waiting for the front med-hard springs to be available. I have the rears already…. Battery is all the way to the front. Any other ideas besides a little heavier rear spring …..maybe raise the ride height 2-3mm higher in the rear than in the front?
Old 05-24-2014, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yodah
Anyone running the brass weight in the front center? Car has a nose up characteristic off of jumps…letting off the throttle doesn't help as much and with a little less front droop it starts to even out some….I literally have to let the trigger go completely about 3ft before hitting the face of the jump for it to fly straight……hold the throttle any longer and the nose is up….and the brakes are not bringing the nose down fast enough to downside smoothly and not allowing the car to settle fast enough. Running the stock springs all around, and car is great everywhere else on the track….still waiting for the front med-hard springs to be available. I have the rears already…. Battery is all the way to the front. Any other ideas besides a little heavier rear spring …..maybe raise the ride height 2-3mm higher in the rear than in the front?
Have you checked for any binding in the suspension? Bent hinge pins could be the culprit. Also, worn o-rings in the rear shocks caused that same problem with my Ve8.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

OK well decided to try a new body out.. j-concepts silencer for losiE 3.0 .. not bad at all.. ignore the cut line along the sides, needs the entire length left. Just trimmed off the flashing. Had to move the front body post forward about 8mm to make it easier to fit the clip and it's a bit of a stretch at the front, the losi is apparently narrower than the xray but it's not a huge deal.I'm happy with the way it looks and the velcro along the sides and front means no dirt ingress.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-img_2353.jpg   XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-img_2354.jpg   XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-img_2355.jpg  
Old 05-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
OK well decided to try a new body out.. j-concepts silencer for losiE 3.0 .. not bad at all.. ignore the cut line along the sides, needs the entire length left. Just trimmed off the flashing. Had to move the front body post forward about 8mm to make it easier to fit the clip and it's a bit of a stretch at the front, the losi is apparently narrower than the xray but it's not a huge deal.I'm happy with the way it looks and the velcro along the sides and front means no dirt ingress.
Like it. Will be my next body.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

hi,
I would like to buy one of this buggy,
Anyone have one for sell?
Thank you
Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why did yall let me wait so long to move from a 808e to a xb9e ?
Old 05-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmatron View Post

Like it. Will be my next body.

Yeh bit of a stretch to get it to fit at the front, plus the mount forward. I like it though.. also had to remove the depression over my battery to clear it at the front.. but hell it looks good. Really liked the FTW losi i had before but the shape at the front made it hard to fit the clip and it always sheared off the shell around that point, so i thought i'd try something different.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm looking into getting an e-buggy and the Xray is one of the cars that I've narrowed it down to. Can anyone give me a quick overview of the strengths and weaknesses of this car? Is there anything that needs to be upgraded right away? Any other info you have would be great. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.