Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1 View Post
^^^More reason you are clueless^^^
If the 808 is more stable than your edgy XB9 it's because you need to learn how to set up the car properly. The limitations are everywhere on the 808 (diff bearings, no adjustable hinge pins, weight balance etc). The only way to get weight under control would be move motor forward or add weight to front end, both not ideal. On the XB9 the 13 chassis made a huge difference for nitro over the XB9 12 spec as it was longer, but for electric the shorter 12 spec chassis worked better and they used that chassis for the XB9E.
If the 808 feels better you just need to make changes to your X89 to calm it down, probably the front steering castor blocks are your issue, go to a lower number.
Actually a lot less clueless then your perceived impression, probably less clueless then you. I mentioned a few posts back that I run all the 9 updates on my 808e so its the best of both worlds. Its like 80% xb9 lol. The ONLY issue now is the rear end weight. I think I'll try adding some drag brake to counter the nose up behavior in the air, may be it's only hope lol. That is literally the only gripe about the car now- the nose up tendencies when jumping. Everything else is pretty fantastic because of its stableness and improved handling from the updated parts. If done properly there really isn't a bearing issue at least for a moderate user. I refuse the XB8!! Its an XB9 with a Mugen front end??!! unbelievable... and prob a weaker set up then my Xray aluminum blocks and Fioroni spindles for the win.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not gonna go thru all the contradictions you've made with the Multi quote because even after 3 different people telling you the same thing you are obviously just too damn dumb to comprehend.
If you've put everything from the XB9 on the 808 then the only difference would be the chassis...so it's more a XB9....maybe that's why it's your only gripe?....the XB9 chassis moves that weight forward and would solve your problem if you can figure out how to set up a car. And yes even packing those stupid diff bearings was not a solution to a terrible design. It has nothing to do with being "done properly" as you said. They could go in 1 race day or in two months, just a really crappy inferior design that they corrected on the newer models. But hey 3 people and a 808 forum full of post telling you the same thing and you still doubt it? Then I don't think you will ever grasp it.

I have no problem with the diversity in this hobby but in this case I think you should get your boyfriend or the man of the house to set it up for you.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The butthurt is strong in this thread
Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

I'm not gonna go thru all the contradictions you've made with the Multi quote because even after 3 different people telling you the same thing you are obviously just too damn dumb to comprehend.
If you've put everything from the XB9 on the 808 then the only difference would be the chassis...so it's more a XB9....maybe that's why it's your only gripe?....the XB9 chassis moves that weight forward and would solve your problem if you can figure out how to set up a car. And yes even packing those stupid diff bearings was not a solution to a terrible design. It has nothing to do with being "done properly" as you said. They could go in 1 race day or in two months, just a really crappy inferior design that they corrected on the newer models. But hey 3 people and a 808 forum full of post telling you the same thing and you still doubt it? Then I don't think you will ever grasp it.

I have no problem with the diversity in this hobby but in this case I think you should get your boyfriend or the man of the house to set it up for you.
Just so you get it cuz you don't so far, what I have said is based off my 808e not a stock one which I should have stated rite in the beginning but either way I stated it and you still don't get things. My car isn't an xb9 because of the main part of the car, the chassis which makes a huge difference between 2 cars if different. Its got the updated parts from the 9 like sus. holders, towers, shocks and wing. Still running 808e arms, diffs, bulkheads...The chassis is still the 808e which is what makes the difference in its stability and consistency along with the wider weight balance side to side (wider mud guards) not so tucked in and inline, all that adding up to a more plush ride. So you mulit quoting would only make you look worse because all said was in regards to my hooked up 808e, far from stock. So you'd have more of a point if I was debating a stock 808e against a 9. On top of the updates, I just put on a set of (AE) CSI Clickers with kyosho light blue front and orange rears. Ill have to post up a pic for you. The Clickers are AMAZING. What do you think about these springs for e buggy?

The funniest thing here is that you still think you are talking with a child. hahahahaha
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mullet1 View Post
The butthurt is strong in this thread
Let me provide you with some Bengay sir.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sn47som1 View Post
Let me provide you with some Bengay sir.
Did you think I was talking to you? I guess if that's the way you feel. Hahahahahaha
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Who you were talking to doesnt matter.. I just responded to you "funny" comment but it was either myself or that umsc stone "tough guy" LOL you were refering to I would imagine; not like its a mystery who you were talking about lol so would you like some bengay to help that ass hurt?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default XB8E vs XB9E

What's the difference between XB8E and XB9E ?

Which one is newer for 2015?

Which is best?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

When I read Xray threads I understand why I sold mine. So much lack of respect for each others here, it's crazy.

Originally Posted by SJGSM View Post
What's the difference between XB8E and XB9E ?

Which one is newer for 2015?

Which is best?
Hi, yes it's a bit confusing the XB8E is the newer model. It has been released this year and is a replacement of the XB9E.

The differences is that the front end of the XB8E is more agressive, it provides a sharper steering and faster response. The XB9E is more planted feeling, more forgiving also.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for a Bodies for Xb9e Buggy

Hello every I need your help what body fit the Xray Xb9e buggy the only body that I have is the FTW racing Night Fox one but would like to have two more different if it is possible. I have search and search and but different that say it is for the Xb9e but it does not fit my 4S Lipo Confi. I every try the pro line Bulldog body which I read it work but it did not. Can any one help to find a body for my Xb9e..

Thanks
Old 11-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HulkNT1 View Post
Hello every I need your help what body fit the Xray Xb9e buggy the only body that I have is the FTW racing Night Fox one but would like to have two more different if it is possible. I have search and search and but different that say it is for the Xb9e but it does not fit my 4S Lipo Confi. I every try the pro line Bulldog body which I read it work but it did not. Can any one help to find a body for my Xb9e..

Thanks
That FTW might be the best fitting but I posted earlier in the thread I use a Proline bulldog and a J Concepts Illusion for Losi8e by just shimming front body mount a few mm. I use a huge 6500smc. Don't cut bottom lines of body all the way to markings until mounted it will be better if you cut a little lower than the normal cut line since it's raised a little higher
Old 11-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

That FTW might be the best fitting but I posted earlier in the thread I use a Proline bulldog and a J Concepts Illusion for Losi8e by just shimming front body mount a few mm. I use a huge 6500smc. Don't cut bottom lines of body all the way to markings until mounted it will be better if you cut a little lower than the normal cut line since it's raised a little higher
Cool Thanks a million for you reply I will try those two body and do what you say to fit them..
Old 12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Hey everyone is there a way to make the xb9e lighter with out battery and wheel it weight is 8 lbs.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HulkNT1 View Post
Hey everyone is there a way to make the xb9e lighter with out battery and wheel it weight is 8 lbs.

Your scale must be wrong, fully loaded this car doesn't weigh 8lbs.

Aluminum axles, aluminum turnbuckles, alum ball ends, alum diff shafts, alum front arm bushings, titanium screw kit, plastic spur gear, ditch the rx box. small battery. just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Your scale must be wrong, fully loaded this car doesn't weigh 8lbs.

Aluminum axles, aluminum turnbuckles, alum ball ends, alum diff shafts, alum front arm bushings, titanium screw kit, plastic spur gear, ditch the rx box. small battery. just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Thanks for the infor now here is the question should I try to make the car lighter or focus more on getting better at drive it around the track. I just start racing like real racing buggy and I am in a learning curve.. Would making the car lighter drive easier??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.