Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Old 05-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Building mine right now. All diffs have an insane amount of play in the gearboxes. Anyone else had this problem? User where you get 5 small
Shims, but nowhere in any literature I can find tells you to shim the diffs. Please advise. Duh. Google was my friend. Excellent build after that.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 05-05-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

BTW, tried out the CSI V-Port red pistons on my Xray today. I was very impressed how soft the shocks felt, how they managed to work through every small bump and the car also squared up pretty well after landing the big jumps. Running the AE ones with 35wt in front and 30wt rear (Ultimate Racing oils). The track is dusty and rutty outdoor clay with quite open layout and some big jumps.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Another successful practice day with the XB9e. This thing this terrific on dirt in loose conditions. It was dialed.

Does anyone make mud guards for this buggy?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
Another successful practice day with the XB9e. This thing this terrific on dirt in loose conditions. It was dialed.

Going to take mine out to LRH tomorrow. Is anybody running any kind of protector to cover up the slot where the spur gear is exposed?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Going to take mine out to LRH tomorrow. Is anybody running any kind of protector to cover up the slot where the spur gear is exposed?
Love LRH. I haven't run mine on clay yet. Are you running the stock 16 deg caster blocks? My guess is, the 12 or 10 deg will work better at LRH.

I don't know what you could put there to cover the hole. The stock spur runs flush with the bottom of the chassis. I just run it open. I ran it at Rev with no issues.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

DEracing's XB9 mud guards fit perfect.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Love LRH. I haven't run mine on clay yet. Are you running the stock 16 deg caster blocks? My guess is, the 12 or 10 deg will work better at LRH.

I don't know what you could put there to cover the hole. The stock spur runs flush with the bottom of the chassis. I just run it open. I ran it at Rev with no issues.
I have both 10 and 12 deg. Caster blocks to try. Have the 12s on it now.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have both 10 and 12 deg. Caster blocks to try. Have the 12s on it now.
I'm running the 12's myself. Work great.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running the 12's myself. Work great.
Schools getting in the way of my RC. Will have a report on it on clay either tomorrow or Friday.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yodah View Post
Hey guys, are there any setups for tight indoor clay high bite tracks….Outdoors car works great….indoors…. it pushes on power very badly. Running 12 degree casters and even ran less around 11… changed roll center, running 3 degree rear toe, stock anti squat, nothing gives…it just refuses to rotate running 773 diffs. I had a tekno, and changed diffs to 10-7-5, and I could turn underneath anyone on the same track, this car's low speed steering is just not there. Any one running thicker diff fluids
I took mine out yesterday and had the same issue, there is a very sharp 180 degree turn and if you didn't break soon enough and hit the inside line, you pushed all the way to the edge of the turn and could possibly drift right into the back straight. Not good. I need to fix this before racing on Saturday. My first thought is to try a thinner front sway bar, or remove it all together like I did with the XB4, that car steers like slot car now and is so hooked up there it is insane.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I took mine out yesterday and had the same issue, there is a very sharp 180 degree turn and if you didn't break soon enough and hit the inside line, you pushed all the way to the edge of the turn and could possibly drift right into the back straight. Not good. I need to fix this before racing on Saturday. My first thought is to try a thinner front sway bar, or remove it all together like I did with the XB4, that car steers like slot car now and is so hooked up there it is insane.
Yep, I made the suggested changes, 5-7-2 diff, removed 1 degree of anti squat, shortened rear link, changed roll center on shock towers, and still….. it pushes on power in turns…..feels like something is just not right. I drove someones Tekno…it rotates more than you need, I was also helping a guy with a RTR Ofna buggy, and even that will rotate on itself if turned too sharp.

You guys know how with some cars if you turn too sharp, the rear end will begin to rotate and come around on you, so you have to dial out some of the steering…..I need that problem .Lol I may just have to try the ackerman next…. or try the lightest front sway bar available. Removing it from the XB4 definitely helped it rotate and in the tight switchback and tight turn sections on the same track
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Here's a thought…. has anyone ever switched hexes and put the wider ones in the rear and the standard ones in the front? Or tried standard all the way around?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yep, I made the suggested changes, 5-7-2 diff, removed 1 degree of anti squat, shortened rear link, changed roll center on shock towers, and still….. it pushes on power in turns…..feels like something is just not right. I drove someones Tekno…it rotates more than you need, I was also helping a guy with a RTR Ofna buggy, and even that will rotate on itself if turned too sharp.

You guys know how with some cars if you turn too sharp, the rear end will begin to rotate and come around on you, so you have to dial out some of the steering…..I need that problem .Lol I may just have to try the ackerman next…. or try the lightest front sway bar available. Removing it from the XB4 definitely helped it rotate and in the tight switchback and tight turn sections on the same track
I had that exact scenario on another car of mine for a clay track. I ended up removing the front sway bar entirely and that made a huge difference.

I don't have that problem at all on the outdoor track I run on. This thing corners like a monster in loose conditions.

Is there anything binding on the buggy? Bent inner hinge pins can cause it push like that.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah it's on high bite clay, I will check for mechanical issues as well. I don't have that issue outdoors either.... But it is a little looser, pushes some but it rotates a little easier.
I am running 3 degree toe and -2 on camber
Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah it's on high bite clay, I will check for mechanical issues as well. I don't have that issue outdoors either.... But it is a little looser, pushes some but it rotates a little easier.
I am running 3 degree toe and -2 on camber
Going to -1 camber should help a little.

What about tires? Are you using super soft or clay compound?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.