Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SvenRu View Post
Hi,

attached are some pictures.

First picture shows the new center diff position with the motor way more in front. Second picture shows size and position of the new battery holder covering most of the nitro holes. The correct position is a bit more in the center. Third picture is another overview. Last picture shows the new motor holder compared to the old one. Shape and size is same, but it is much thicker.

Greetings
Sven
Keep the build pics coming! So far, so good.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SvenRu View Post
Hi,

I am the customer writing in the xray-forum.

@Aloksatoor
The motor holder only looks the same, but it is a new one. More stable than the old one (not that the old one was fragile or so ). It is definitely the nitro chassis. On the other hand, the motor position is way better than with the 808e, and the unused holes are covered by the new (finally!) battery holder, well, at least most of them. So, it does not look like a bad decision.

@CarlCrocco

Tried it or heard of it?

Greetings
Sven
very cool!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

what the fuck with xray? no body, no especific chassis... its just worst than the 808e. I owned one and my only complaint were the bearings issues and battery tray.... very dissapointed.
It comes witl aluminum knuckles?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the pictures !!!

Battery tray looks a million times better than the 808e version.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Apparently Mr. Hudy still doesn't consider 1/8 eco as a serious class, therefore he hasn't put that much effort in the development of the e car. Waiting on the first upated version of this car before making any decissions.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures !!!

Battery tray looks a million times better than the 808e version.
agreed for the flex tune chassis I suppose. How are they maintaining stiffness on the motor side. Maybe a thicker rx tray or something? Sven any pics of that?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Apparently Mr. Hudy still doesn't consider 1/8 eco as a serious class, therefore he hasn't put that much effort in the development of the e car. Waiting on the first upated version of this car before making any decissions.
Agree, 1/8 electric seems to be a low priority for XRay, so I will continue to buy my 1/8 e-buggys elsewhere...
Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Some pics from my xb9e

Old 07-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I still feel very comfortable with my order of this car. I owned a DEX408 for a short amount of time and hated it. I have seen multiple people struggle with the Serpent e buggy...both "specific" E cars. All of the Losi E cars have been and still are nitro conversions, packed straight into the box that way... The same with the Associated. The conversion style cars just seem to work better... I don't necessarily think they are ignoring this class. They are just going with what works. I get the feeling that many who are complaining about this not being a specific E car have not owned a specific E car... they just aren't substantially better, if at all. The knock on the 808e was the motor placement and the battery tray. Both fixed with the XB9e. We'll see about the body...
Old 07-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

If anything, what I am "upset" with is the lack of any press release. To hear about and see this car for the first time by people who already own them is disappointing.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, it's very weird that kits are shipping before an official announcement. Equally as weird that they aren't shipping with a body included.

E-buggy is a huge class here. At many races lately it's been the largest class. Bigger than nitro. I've been waiting patiently for an official announcement about this car. I'm looking to start racing 1/8th e-buggy, but I might hold off on getting one until the next update. I've become a big fan of XRAY from all the 10th scale cars I own, so of course I'm interested in the XB9E, but not if it's just a half-assed afterthought. Come on, it needs to at least include a body that fits the car. Not including one is ridiculous.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rest assured that this is not a half-assed afterthought...

The global team has been testing multiple prototypes and configurations for quite some time...

As far as the press release goes, you may have noticed, the last several Xray releases have been launched in multiple languages all at the same time for the global market.....this takes time for prep, proofread, translation, additional proofreading in multiple languages, etc....

This coupled with the summer logjam of major races and other major internal projects (including the launch of a new company and product line with FX Engines) has delayed the official press release package....

That being said, Xray has pushed forward to get the kit to market knowing that the season is already underway and not wanting to make people wait any longer than necessary...
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

The global team has been testing multiple prototypes and configurations for quite some time...

As far as the press release goes, you may have noticed, the last several Xray releases have been launched in multiple languages all at the same time for the global market.....this takes time for prep, proofread, translation, additional proofreading in multiple languages, etc....

This coupled with the summer logjam of major races and other major internal projects (including the launch of a new company and product line with FX Engines) has delayed the official press release package....

That being said, Xray has pushed forward to get the kit to market knowing that the season is already underway and not wanting to make people wait any longer than necessary...
All understandable. Is there an E body or no?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

So when and/or where can we pick these up at?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

One European RC shop has listed Proline Bulldog for HB D812 (#PL3399-00) as direct fit for XB9e.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.