Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
  #586  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
HickamHatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 511
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I plan on getting one of these soon. Still up in the air between this and a EB48.2 since I already have a sct410
HickamHatch is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM
  #587  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HickamHatch View Post
I plan on getting one of these soon. Still up in the air between this and a EB48.2 since I already have a sct410
Xray. Nothing beats that. The tekno ebuggy is darty/lightweight out of the box and chassis wears like a MOFO (going by my tekno truck same chassis).
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM
  #588  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Default

Hi guys (and girls?),

today, my order from the US arrived (only took 4 weeks ), and I'm proud to present:







This is the FTW Night Fox for XB9'12 (part number FTW00033).

It's a tight fit, but a fit! Just need some washers to raise the front body post. As you can see, even the battery plugs fit.

IMHO the Night fox is much more beatiful than the Jconcepts

Greetings
Sven
SvenRu is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:13 PM
  #589  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Xray. Nothing beats that. The tekno ebuggy is darty/lightweight out of the box and chassis wears like a MOFO (going by my tekno truck same chassis).
When people say the chassis wore out what does it mean?
I placed skid plates and I guess it protects the chassis right?
TXSlasher is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM
  #590  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HickamHatch View Post
I plan on getting one of these soon. Still up in the air between this and a EB48.2 since I already have a sct410
Lots of good choices out there that u can't really go wrong with any
MBX 7,EB48.2,Losi 3.0, 811e V2, MP9 and Ofcourse the XB9.
Each car will drive better then most of our skill levels will allow so there's really no wrong choice for most of us.

One thing I really like about the xray that kind of sealed the deal was the drivetrain being built with Hudy spring steel. Replacing worn drivetrain parts becomes expensive so getting the most out of each part becomes kind of important to me atleast.

I like the EB48 but honestly can't stand the owners of them. Say one negative thing about a EB48 and see what happens
Voltron989 is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
  #591  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Metal shock bushing side goes outside, because it's stronger.


My starting setup is on Xray forums setups.
Thanks. That's the way I had them facing
Voltron989 is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:38 PM
  #592  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TXSlasher View Post
When people say the chassis wore out what does it mean?
I placed skid plates and I guess it protects the chassis right?
The diff cut outs are deep on the Tekno chassis. The rear of the chassis will start wearing through to the cut out.
kcobra is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM
  #593  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
The diff cut outs are deep on the Tekno chassis. The rear of the chassis will start wearing through to the cut out.
So you would be getting a hole in the chassis and them a crack?
TXSlasher is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
  #594  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Voltron989 View Post
Thanks man.
I took the springs out and compressed them by hand and it seemed to do the trick.

Ill try out the front xray blue springs

I have another question.
Manual isn't very clear on this.On the shock caps 2 inserts get pressed into the hole. One side goes a plastic insert and the other is a metal insert along with a plastic washer. Which side should be closest to the shock tower? Lol I tried to look closely at the pictures but I can't tell which is which

And are u using the stock downstop settings?

Thanks again for your help. Can't wait to try this buggy out. Mainly built it for indoor clay for the winter but I don't think I can wait that long so ill probably hit up some outdoor tracks.
I've always used the metal side of the bushing on the nut side. As far as downstop/droop setup I run 100 in the front and 110 in the rear. I posted my setup a few pages back. But here's a link.

http://bcrcs.org/setups//Xray/XB9E~8...~8-13-2013.jpg
JaderL is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM
  #595  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TXSlasher View Post
So you would be getting a hole in the chassis and them a crack?
Kind of. The rear especially wears out a lot. IMHO they should just have made it a square through and through hole and have the diff case fit in that way so the plastic wears instead of the $$$ aluminum . But I don't like skid plates can't get the ride height low and catches ruts a lot. I guess the grade of aluminum also matters a lot and the xray ebuggy wear is a lot less than my tekno truck wear.
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #596  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,263
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Xray. Nothing beats that. The tekno ebuggy is darty/lightweight out of the box and chassis wears like a MOFO (going by my tekno truck same chassis).
Tekno EB48 and SCT410 dont have the same chassis. Same size but the buggy comes with a higher grade chassis that the 4x4.

Ive had a number of xrays and Im an xray fan boy from way back because nothing beats them in quality, but I'm really surprised how close the EB48 is.
jhautz is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 PM
  #597  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Tekno EB48 and SCT410 dont have the same chassis. Same size but the buggy comes with a higher grade chassis that the 4x4.

Ive had a number of xrays and Im an xray fan boy from way back because nothing beats them in quality, but I'm really surprised how close the EB48 is.
Thats good to know man! I am gonna pick up a eb48 chassis once the sct410's is unusable. It does not wear as bad as the black aluminum anodised truck chassis right?

Anyways one thing better in the tekno is shocks, rest everything the xray beats it (diff mesh, spur, drive shaft quality, diff cup quality, towers (CF tekno breaks a lot never broke an xray tower in 1/8, plastics, slop, servo saver list goes on). I am a kyosho fanboi but still love my xrays hands down the best compromise between quality/durability/speed/cost.
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM
  #598  
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,380
Default Malin @ 2013 TheNeoRace.com

Malin @ 2013 TheNeoRace.com











Bent
BentKa is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 PM
  #599  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Malin @ 2013 TheNeoRace.com











Bent
Good luck to her!
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 08-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  #600  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Kind of. The rear especially wears out a lot. IMHO they should just have made it a square through and through hole and have the diff case fit in that way so the plastic wears instead of the $$$ aluminum . But I don't like skid plates can't get the ride height low and catches ruts a lot. I guess the grade of aluminum also matters a lot and the xray ebuggy wear is a lot less than my tekno truck wear.
Gotcha! thanks
TXSlasher is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.