Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Another supporter of the nitro 808 conversions. I had the 808e and the 808 nitro conversion with a longer rear brace outhandles the 808e stock. No doubt about it.
Now with todays lighter t8i style motors, pushing the motor back might make sense along with lighter 3s packs. But I won't judge xray on paper as well
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Smith90 View Post
I finished 5th last weekend in open e-buggy at AMS 4.0 with a completely stock 808e. There is nothing wrong with that car in terms of handling potential. Regardless of the XB9e layout, it will have great handling potential and be made of the best materials on the market. Quit armchair engineering this thing before it is even official...
Setup linky?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Setup linky?
Stock 808e setup sheet straight from the Xray web page with these changes: Blue springs front and rear / 45 wt shock oil front and rear (50% rebound) / long wheelbase on rear wheel outer hub

I have had both a converted 808 and the 808e. I can definitely agree with what everyone is saying. All I am saying is that the people who act like the 808e was some kind of complete failure don't have feelings that are in line with what I have found.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

From a user on the Team Xray forum:

Hi,

is Teamxray serious about not including a Body in the XB9E kit? And does it really makes sense to use the same chassis like the normal XB9? The 808e had its own chassis.

A bit disappointing...I have NEVER seen a 1/8 buggy delivered without body.

Not exactly what I expected or wanted to hear.........

Bent
Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
From a user on the Team Xray forum:

Not exactly what I expected or wanted to hear.........

Bent
Weird. Its not like the durango wheeler truck where teh box was tiny. I doubt its the same chassis. Motor mount looks same as 808e (no reason for them to change it) and that needed different spaced holes from the nitro center diff holes.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Weird. Its not like the durango wheeler truck where teh box was tiny. I doubt its the same chassis. Motor mount looks same as 808e (no reason for them to change it) and that needed different spaced holes from the nitro center diff holes.
He's building his right now.

First kits have been delivered in Europe today.

From our conversation:

HI Bent,

yes, I got mine earlier today, already started building. No body. The guy from the shop was surprised, too. There is a *very* small hint in the XB9E suplementary sheet that the body (and pinion btw.) is not included, but no hint on which body will fit. I am not sure about the standard XB9 body because of the batteries. The 808-body did not fit on the 808e very well, too.

The good news: The motor position is way more to the front compared to the 808e. Due to the fact that the nitro chassis is being used, the diff position also is the same like with the nitro. I expect a huge improvement just due to the motor position. The longer drive shaft is now the one for the rear axle .

I expect a hint from Xray which body will fit and an explanation why the body is missing without any sign on the OUTSIDE of the box so that I may have been able to react and by a body while being at the shop.

Greetings
Sven

Bent
Old 07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

not very clever from Xray, it's not like if their bodies were the cheapest on the market
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Best body that will clear the batteries is the FTW XB9 2012 spec Nightfox. Don't even try an Xray body.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Weird. Kits are in first customers hands but still no announcement on the xray team page. Not very Xray like. Usually there is some kind of announcement and then more info shortly following and then kits start shipping shortly after that. Its almost like they are keeping the launch on the down low for some reason. They certainly aren't working to build any buzz around the release.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I am the customer writing in the xray-forum.

@Aloksatoor
The motor holder only looks the same, but it is a new one. More stable than the old one (not that the old one was fragile or so ). It is definitely the nitro chassis. On the other hand, the motor position is way better than with the 808e, and the unused holes are covered by the new (finally!) battery holder, well, at least most of them. So, it does not look like a bad decision.

@CarlCrocco

Tried it or heard of it?

Greetings
Sven
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Pictures PLEASE!!!!

I wanna see what they did. Even unfinished build pictures would be great!!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

any idea of the battery tray size?
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

attached are some pictures.

First picture shows the new center diff position with the motor way more in front. Second picture shows size and position of the new battery holder covering most of the nitro holes. The correct position is a bit more in the center. Third picture is another overview. Last picture shows the new motor holder compared to the old one. Shape and size is same, but it is much thicker.

Greetings
Sven
Attached Thumbnails XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-xb9e1.jpg   XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-xb9e2.jpg   XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-xb9e3.jpg   XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)-xb9e4.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Pictures PLEASE!!!!

I wanna see what they did. Even unfinished build pictures would be great!!
I'll second this!!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
I got to drive friend's MP9e TKI3 a few weeks ago. Very good buggy, but I liked the XB9 (nitro) better. The XB9 had absolutely terrific on power steering.
can't compare the way a car lays power down in curves between electric and nitro...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.