Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :) >

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

XRAY XB9E Official Thread - they did it :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

The wait is almost over :-)

- XB9E is expected on monday
- Tekin RX8 Gen2 1900KV System is expected on Wednesday
- JConcepts body is already in the house (cut and prepared for paint)
- M2C protector is also to be expected next week

I'm excited about the car, build and performance on our track...
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
for those looking for another body option I've always used the FTW exabyte for losi8e for all my 808 conversions and it fits with the xb9 stuff as well. photos show the shell fitted to my car (with it's rcmonster custom chassis) but I also added one with it fitted to my old '12 nitro chassis and it fits just fine. had to flex it out just a hair to go over the side guards. So as long as the E model sideguards aren't stupidly different to the nitro ones in width etc should be good to go.With velcro the slight flex isn't an issue anyway. Great shell with FTW's usual quality and plenty of space under for even the stupidest size lipos.
This is good to know! good looking pair you got there!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Slowly but surely...

This is what I got so far...

Here I just wanted to see how it would look (needs decals too)

SHOULD (key word) be ready to go to the track on Sunday...

A couple of things I didn't like is that it doesn't come with at least a few cheap tools although I have everything except the turnbuckle wrench which I'll buy tomorrow. Not sure if all 1/8 scale turnbuckles are the same size?

The kit quality, fit and finish is spectacular. The only issue I had so far is with the 2 screws that attach plastic where the front body mount goes to the front bulkhead stripped I made sure they were the correct ones and both stripped and didn't go all the way so I would be making a notch with the dremel to get them out and replacing them with some from the hardware store
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by TXSlasher
This is what I got so far...

Here I just wanted to see how it would look (needs decals too)

SHOULD (key word) be ready to go to the track on Sunday...

A couple of things I didn't like is that it doesn't come with at least a few cheap tools although I have everything except the turnbuckle wrench which I'll buy tomorrow. Not sure if all 1/8 scale turnbuckles are the same size?

The kit quality, fit and finish is spectacular. The only issue I had so far is with the 2 screws that attach plastic where the front body mount goes to the front bulkhead stripped I made sure they were the correct ones and both stripped and didn't go all the way so I would be making a notch with the dremel to get them out and replacing them with some from the hardware store

nice! i built one today for my buddy rene. took me 4.5 hrs from start to finish including electronics. but i do have a lot of experience building them. i dont use the manual anymore. lol. only thing left on his is to put it on the hudy station tomorrow at the track.

btw your rear camber links need to be fixed. the part where the wrench grabs on to should be towards the outside of the car. the reason for this is so that when your adjusting your camber you dont hit the shocks while youre turning the wrench. and your front center shaft needs to be on the other side of the chassis brace. not nagging on you but i would hate for you to keep bolting stuff up then have to unbolt them to fix them.

Last edited by JaderL; 08-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Suspended

on the body issue here are my 2 cents. ive tested EVERY xray body out there. and if you know me personally you would know that when i go test something i test for hrs and hrs in every different condition. ive tested them indoors and outdoors. from the two stock bodies to the bitty to the jconcepts to the ftw. bodies make a huge difference in car handling. i know some people dont like the cab forward design but every company makes them for a reason. they work really well. out of all of them the one that handles the best is the jconcepts finnisher. gives great front and rear traction and handles really well in the air. the one i liked the least was the ftw body. i didnt like the way it handled in any condition. everyone has their opinion. hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JaderL
nice! i built one today for my buddy rene. took me 4.5 hrs from start to finish including electronics. but i do have a lot of experience building them. i dont use the manual anymore. lol. only thing left on his is to put it on the hudy station tomorrow at the track.

btw your rear camber links need to be fixed. the part where the wrench grabs on to should be towards the outside of the car. the reason for this is so that when your adjusting your camber you dont hit the shocks while youre turning the wrench. and your front center shaft needs to be on the other side of the chassis brace. not nagging on you but i would hate for you to keep bolting stuff up then have to unbolt them to fix them.
4.5 hours? wrench hands?

LMFAO Jader you have no idea, my ADD drives me nuts!
Instructions in front of me "this is the left, this is the right, this goes like this, this goes like that" and the when attaching them I don't pay attention on the orientation or something else and maybe I end up doing the front suspension but I'm actually attaching those things to the REAR suspension
I'll unscrew them AGAIN and fix them
Thanks for noticing it!!!!!
PS: I have about 4.5h so far
Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by TXSlasher
It freaking was!!!!! but guess what...

Will be ready by saturday.. will do a little bit every day

PS: Just talked to Jacky M (X-Ray) over the phone and he was telling me to go to your track website BCRCS to check out your set up and when he mentioned your name I told him "I think that is the guy who just posted his set up 1 day ago at RCtech"
(Jacky and I grew up together; we have pictures of both when we were 5 year old!)
Saludos!

Braham
I wouldn't admit to being friends with Jacky.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just kidding lol
Old 08-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by infanterene

He is a character for sure but great crazy SOG
Drag him to the track, he hasn't been there in 6+ weeks!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by infanterene
Lmao.

Braham he's actually coming out today. Gonna be a long day for me.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JaderL
Lmao.

Braham he's actually coming out today. Gonna be a long day for me.
Lol good luck!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gdw1963
The wait is almost over :-)

- XB9E is expected on monday
- Tekin RX8 Gen2 1900KV System is expected on Wednesday
- JConcepts body is already in the house (cut and prepared for paint)
- M2C protector is also to be expected next week

I'm excited about the car, build and performance on our track...
Long weekend ahead of you my friend!!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gizmatron
for those looking for another body option I've always used the FTW exabyte for losi8e for all my 808 conversions and it fits with the xb9 stuff as well. photos show the shell fitted to my car (with it's rcmonster custom chassis) but I also added one with it fitted to my old '12 nitro chassis and it fits just fine. had to flex it out just a hair to go over the side guards. So as long as the E model sideguards aren't stupidly different to the nitro ones in width etc should be good to go.With velcro the slight flex isn't an issue anyway. Great shell with FTW's usual quality and plenty of space under for even the stupidest size lipos.
I wondered if the proline slistream shell for the losi 8ight e would fit as they both have the same flat side skirts and the battery in roughly the same place. If these losi designed shells fit surely the slipstream should too?. i know it has a ton of room for my jumbo turnigy 4s packs too. Does anyone have one they could test fit before i waste £30.00 on one and it not fit?.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bodyshell

Don't worry guys, after a lot of detective work i have found the proline slipstream for the losi 8ight e is a direct fit on the 808e and 808e shell fits xb9e so bobs you're uncle!, just gonna order one, will post a report in a few days when painted and mounted. I suspected this may be thel answer a few pages back. They have similar layout and side skirts. I finally feel like i have solved the problem, this body situation was annoying.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Last edited by CarlCrocco; 08-17-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.