R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Your opinion on Thunder Tiger S3 buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/73748-your-opinion-thunder-tiger-s3-buggy.html)

the dirt 05-29-2005 09:31 PM

Your opinion on Thunder Tiger S3 buggy

I'm looking at the Thunder Tiger S3 buggy and was wondering what you thnk of this buggy. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

dakrat 05-29-2005 09:53 PM

it has the best shocks in the business. :nod:

Scottmisfits 05-29-2005 10:39 PM

I can't say that it has the best anything personally. It definatley does not have the worst anything ethier. It is very unique wih a few of the idea's that it has, the shocks and chassis beig one. If you have local parts support, it won't be a bad car fo you at all. If you cant get local support it might be a pain ut it's a great ca no matter what.

asw7576 05-30-2005 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by dakrat
it has the best shocks in the business. :nod:

How do you know ? or do you mean the front shock location ?

Team Duratrax 05-30-2005 04:36 AM

This buggy looks competitive to say the least.

Where would i find one of these though?

SPZA 05-30-2005 04:48 PM

i am a proud owner of an S3 and i must say that this buggy is amazing! like said before, the shocks are awesome(with the duel stage pistons) and there is no way you are going to bend the chassis at all......i have a completely stock verson.......the only mods i suggest you get are the shock towers, and steering plate. the rest of the buggy is solid.......

Scottmisfits 05-30-2005 05:44 PM

And from what I hear from the local drivers, the center diff plate. That should make everything icredibaly stiff and almost bomb proof.

GeneralG 05-30-2005 08:28 PM

I just picked up a S3 and have yet to run it.... It has every factory team option part on the buggy.

Going to see how it compares to my stock Ofna Jammin X1-CR Pro buggy....

runnin rc10 05-30-2005 08:45 PM

I was steering away from it, only because I heard chassis were being broken! I was told Racers edge was having to come out with a flat chassis conversion to prevent them from being broken. I was sooo disapointed because I persoanly thought it had the most potential of any buggy that was on the track this year. I thought ( and still think) it will make an impression on a national level.

SPZA 05-31-2005 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by runnin rc10
I was steering away from it, only because I heard chassis were being broken! I was told Racers edge was having to come out with a flat chassis conversion to prevent them from being broken. I was sooo disapointed because I persoanly thought it had the most potential of any buggy that was on the track this year. I thought ( and still think) it will make an impression on a national level.

accually Racers Edge is not making hte flat chassis, its going to be by Titan Tech. its going to be an option part, for extremly bumpy tracks. a lot of the Euro racers are using this becasue, well, they are a bit odd :lol: i have only seen one S3 T REX chassis bend, and that was becasue of a runaway into a wall.....this buggy is incredibly strong, and build like a champ!

the dirt 05-31-2005 09:05 PM

Well i picked up the car. I dunno if you can call it second hand because the guy i got it from built it and put over a grand into it (starter box, gel cell, glow ignitors, radio equipment, fail safe, AXE 3P RAL engine, etc.) and decided he wanted sumtin different. The only thing thats wrong with it is that when he put it together, he wasn;t readung the instructions very closely so some screws and other parts aren't in the right spot and theres a few tire marks on the chassis because he never aligned the starter box. I got a heck of a deal on it so i'm gonna take me time and fix this puppy up to race specs. Well better get at err. Thanks for ypur replies.

asw7576 05-31-2005 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by the dirt
I'm looking at the Thunder Tiger S3 buggy and was wondering what you thnk of this buggy. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking TTR S3 too. Reviews from magazines said good things about it such as quality / part fitness = 10, handling / performance = 9, etc. I really like the front suspension mounting location. It protects the shocks against bad jump. The suspension arms and ball connector are realy like popeye's arms and hand ( BIG ) :sneaky:

joeparent 06-01-2005 06:04 AM

You will love this car..I have run it indoors and outdoors and the car is sick fast.
as for the chassis we have been running the stock chassis over here and have had no real problems with it...easy to tune and strong.
The only thing We are running that is not TTR on our cars are the King Headz centre brace, this makes the car as strong as a tank.
you won't be sorry for getting a S3.
Good luck with your car if you buy it.
Joe

NitroOB4You 06-01-2005 05:53 PM

S3 Impressions....

I have an S3. Im still working on a good set up for my track, which is very bumpy with lots of big air jumps. Any suggestions are appreciated. Im coming from a Hyper 7 Pro, which is a decent buggy. But so far, the S3 I feel, is far and away better. Little adjustments like removing a 2mm spring spacer make a big difference in handling. Now, I have had problems. Mostly during the build. I am a text person, which the S3 manual is really lacking. While the pics/diagrams are excellent, for me, they are no subsitute for text. Also, someone said these are the best shocks in the biz? I must wholeheartedly disagree....maybe it's just a fluke with mine, but they all leak like a siv and I have built them several times over. Havnt yet decided what Im gonna do. All in all, I am happy....but it hasnt exactly been a bowl of cherries.

joeparent 06-02-2005 07:50 AM

where are the shocks leaking from?
if it is the cap you are over tightening the caps...they need to be only as tight as you can get them by hand as you will make the bladder colapse if they are too tight.
As for setting up for rough trcks I have not been on a REALLY rough track yet...but next week the track I'm going to is suppost to be so I will let you know how we set up our cars after that...I know the guys from Cali have been running on real rough tracks ...go to the ACE web site and check out the set-ups that Richard and guys have been using...this should get you going in the right direction.good luck.
Joe