R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes

Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM   #1366
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Friend advised me to try the ball diffs first. How do you shim them correctly?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:46 PM   #1367
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Mine are just like it says in the manual.

You could always shim it so it feels just like when you are setting your gear mesh with your motor.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #1368
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Mine are just like it says in the manual.

You could always shim it so it feels just like when you are setting your gear mesh with your motor.
I just read that you use two a side. Did not see where they say what thickness to use. Or did I just not read it right? How tight are your diffs?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:52 PM   #1369
Super Moderator

Sorry I did not measure them. After I ran the car a few times I checked the mesh like I would a pinion/spur gear. I can't remember if I made adjustments after that or not.

I tried to setup my diffs the same front and rear. If the front is tighter than the rear it will push going into the corner and opposite if it is loose.

I hope that helped.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #1370
Tech Elite

Just went thick, thin, on the opposite side of the crown gear. A little tight but will break in. Only using them one day. Then in come the gear diffs.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #1371
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Are you asking what is needed to run the rb6 arms on the rear of the zx6?

If yes,
UM713 or UM713B (3 hole arm)
UM561 Outer rear hingepin
UM603 rear hub spacers, aka drive washer set

I think that is is. You might not need the UM603 hub spacers but I thought I would mention it.
Great thanks a lot, also do you use the zx6 sway bar or rb6?
gearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #1372
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearit View Post
Great thanks a lot, also do you use the zx6 sway bar or rb6?
I use the zx6 bar.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #1373
Tech Elite

Took mine out tonight for a few packs. Ran ball diffs with Tebos Crzcr setup pushed like crazy. Removed font sway bar and tightened front diff a bit more and was much much better. This thing is extremely sensitive with diff settings, do not remember the ZX5 bring thus ash but no matter. Are you guys limiting front droop more then on the setup sheets cause mine has a ton of it.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #1374
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Took mine out tonight for a few packs. Ran ball diffs with Tebos Crzcr setup pushed like crazy. Removed font sway bar and tightened front diff a bit more and was much much better. This thing is extremely sensitive with diff settings, do not remember the ZX5 bring thus ash but no matter. Are you guys limiting front droop more then on the setup sheets cause mine has a ton of it.
Where did it push, going in, middle, out? To me, when you tightened the front diff it would make it push more going into the turn but when you removed the front bar that balanced out the change to the diff.

I am still running the kits pistons, springs, and bar but a hole at 18mm for the lower shock mount. Mine would push going in and in the middle of the turn. However, my front diff nut must be going bad because now that became a little loose and my car is better, not great but better. The shock lengths are what he has listed on his sheet.

If you get bored sometime and want to try something different give Chris Nelson's setup a try. It is pretty darn good around these parts.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #1375
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

I use the same tebo setup and mine pushed as well all the way thru the turn. I took off the front sway bar to get the car to turn. Needs more though. Also I ordered gear diffs for the car. Where should i start with diff fluid? is there an article somewhere about gear diff setup and how fluids influence the performance of the diff?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #1376
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by todb View Post
I use the same tebo setup and mine pushed as well all the way thru the turn. I took off the front sway bar to get the car to turn. Needs more though. Also I ordered gear diffs for the car. Where should i start with diff fluid? is there an article somewhere about gear diff setup and how fluids influence the performance of the diff?
I know that I am going to try 7 front 5 rear, same setup oil wise I had on my XB4 when I ran that car. was pretty neutral. Check your slipper setting.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #1377
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by todb View Post
How it was explained to me was this. Think of different fluids in different locations like having a ball diff tight or loose, in the front you obviously want to go higher then in the rear cause you want the rear to act like a ball diff on the medium tight side, and from what I experienced yesterday and my aggressive driving style, I like a tighter front diff as well. Thicker, but not too think, I think going directly to 10K in the front will make the car drive like a front wheel drive car.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #1378
Tech Elite

Quote:
Where did it push, going in, middle, out? To me, when you tightened the front diff it would make it push more going into the turn but when you removed the front bar that balanced out the change to the diff.

I am still running the kits pistons, springs, and bar but a hole at 18mm for the lower shock mount. Mine would push going in and in the middle of the turn. However, my front diff nut must be going bad because now that became a little loose and my car is better, not great but better. The shock lengths are what he has listed on his sheet.

If you get bored sometime and want to try something different give Chris Nelson's setup a try. It is pretty darn good around these parts.
That setup looks really good. Just don't have a 1.4mm rear sway bar (just rechecked and they got them in last night yay!). Out of stock at my local shops. I have the one for the RB6, and will be moving over to the UM713B arms today. Can I use the RB6 sway?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #1379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

how will my slipper affect the steering? Also I have the different colored slipper pads that i can try as well. On the set up sheets I see the slipper listed as seperates and direct. what does that mean and how do how i use it to tune the car?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #1380
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Can I use the RB6 sway?
Sorry I haven't seen that bar so I don't know.