R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts

LA359B Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)
LA375 Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-01 Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)
LA377 Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)
LA378 Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)
LA379 Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)
UM713B Rear Arms (from RB6)

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals:

Lazer ZX6.6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...20ZX6.6_IM.pdf
Lazer ZX6 http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdfhttp://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...ZER_ZX6_IM.pdf

After Market Bodies

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/silencer-kyosho-zx6-body

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes

Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #1096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel45acp View Post
I currently run the latest ZX5, but I can't seem to find any info on what stock springs came with the kit. are the zx6 stock springs the same? thanks in advance.
I believe they are red front and rear

(someone correct me if im wrong)
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #1097
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The ZX6 comes with Gold springs front and rear.
potatobed409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #1098
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thanks guys. I appreciate the info.
joel45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #1099
Gen
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default rear susp holder

guys ,just trying to understand rear bushings ,with track width and toe in on rear ,i have chart and have rb6 but cant really remember .
im wanting a greater amount of rear grip so i want skinny rear and 4 degree toe in ,so would i be DD in (front )and DD out (rear ) ??

plus then med track width with 4 degree toe in BB in (front) FF out (rear)

?? thanks
Vp race fuel
Futaba 4pks
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #1100
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
guys ,just trying to understand rear bushings ,with track width and toe in on rear ,i have chart and have rb6 but cant really remember .
im wanting a greater amount of rear grip so i want skinny rear and 4 degree toe in ,so would i be DD in (front )and DD out (rear ) ??

?? thanks

Here's the chart -
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...olderChart.pdf

DD in/DD out looks to work out to 3 degrees toe in.

BB in/FF out is again 3 degrees, and wider track width.
negatv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #1101
Tech Apprentice

Default ZX6 vs ZX5 on a low grip track.

Hi
How does the ZX 6 performe, on a low grip racetrack vs the ZX5. It seems to me that the chassis on the ZX6 doesn't flex as much, as the ZX5 and therefore the ZX5 could/should outpreforme the ZX6 on a low grib racetrack .

What do you think ?
racerkorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #1102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Thumbs up Track width and toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post

?? thanks
Track width and toe are 2 separate adjustments that the suspension mounts let you adjust to get more traction yes you use more toe about 3-3.5 is normal the track width widens or narrows the rear wheels. Widening makes the car more stable but slower out of the corner narrowing up the rear wheels will make the car faster out of the corner but less stable. You just need to test different set-ups till you get your car to that sweet spot.
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #1103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkorer View Post
Hi
How does the ZX 6 performe, on a low grip racetrack vs the ZX5. It seems to me that the chassis on the ZX6 doesn't flex as much, as the ZX5 and therefore the ZX5 could/should outpreforme the ZX6 on a low grib racetrack .

What do you think ?
in lower grip, I've yet to get my zx6 to be as good as my zx5
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #1104
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can you help me understand why a narrow rear is faster out of the corner verse a wide rear ,wide rear should give more steering so i should be able to get on the throttle a little sooner and it should have more on power steering
Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #1105
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just sayin'

I have a SC6 and a RB6. I've just added a D413 after reading some very positive reviews. I seriously considered the ZX6 -- a very tough decision.

Although the Hot Bodies has some really innovative features and durability is proven, which sold me on it -- I must say that my Kyosho RCs are among the best built. Just something about the tolerances and the quality of the materials that really impress me. For example I am always careful about making sure my screws aren't overtightened. I managed to strip the plastic in the rear arm of my D413. Cripes. Don't get me wrong the D413 isn't exactly low grade because as mentioned it's pretty innovative and some of the materials are of higher quality... it's just after being spoiled by Kyosho the bar is pretty high. After spending a few days putting this new ride together I picked up my K cars and instantly noticed a difference, in favor of the Kyosho.

I hit the track for the first time tomorrow with the D413 hoping for a good first impression but I am thinking in the back of my mind what if I had purchased the ZX6.
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #1106
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
I have a SC6 and a RB6. I've just added a D413 after reading some very positive reviews. I seriously considered the ZX6 -- a very tough decision.

Although the Hot Bodies has some really innovative features and durability is proven, which sold me on it -- I must say that my Kyosho RCs are among the best built. Just something about the tolerances and the quality of the materials that really impress me. For example I am always careful about making sure my screws aren't overtightened. I managed to strip the plastic in the rear arm of my D413. Cripes. Don't get me wrong the D413 isn't exactly low grade because as mentioned it's pretty innovative and some of the materials are of higher quality... it's just after being spoiled by Kyosho the bar is pretty high. After spending a few days putting this new ride together I picked up my K cars and instantly noticed a difference, in favor of the Kyosho.

I hit the track for the first time tomorrow with the D413 hoping for a good first impression but I am thinking in the back of my mind what if I had purchased the ZX6.
Please keep me updated on your feeling on the D413. I am in a similar situation; I run all kyosho cars, but I'm having a hard time saying no to the innovations in the D413.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #1107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypete View Post
Please keep me updated on your feeling on the D413. I am in a similar situation; I run all kyosho cars, but I'm having a hard time saying no to the innovations in the D413.
I can speak from experience with both of these cars. Had the d413 then purchased the zx6. I found both cars very durable. The kyosho plastics are better. Setup wise I feel more comfortable with the zx6. I'm faster with it as well. The d413 is a great car but I like the zx6 better
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #1108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just ran today with tebo's newest setup and it has transformed the car completely. Finely we are getting somewhere with this new platform. The setup uses the rb6 rear arms with a new lower shock location drilled further inboard.

http://jtprc.com/2014/11/24/new-rb6-...-setups-added/

Edit, I ran on a medium grip outdoor track that was bumpy.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #1109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Just ran today with tebo's newest setup and it has transformed the car completely. Finely we are getting somewhere with this new platform. The setup uses the rb6 rear arms with a new lower shock location drilled further inboard.

http://jtprc.com/2014/11/24/new-rb6-...-setups-added/

Edit, I ran on a medium grip outdoor track that was bumpy.
That's great, I was going to install the setup this weekend. What tires work at ur track?
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:57 AM   #1110
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some gear diffs for my ZX5 transformation to a ZX6 and there was a link to a video on here that seems to not be working any more. Is there any tips I should know about building the diffs or does someone have a link to the video. Also what are some diff oil recommendations to start with. I run on a med/high traction track.
Team Orion Pro Carbon 100C Batteries
motorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote