Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: alex4r
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts (* = required to update ZX6 to ZX6.6 platform)

LA359B - Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)*
LA375 - Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)*
LA375-01 - Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 - Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 - Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)*
LA377 - Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)* (x2)
LA378 - Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)*
LA379 - Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)*
LAW54B-01 - HD Chassis*
LA355B - Side guard set*
UM713B - Rear Arms (from RB6)*
UM561 - Outer rear hinge pins*
LA236-12B - 1.2mm Front sway bar*
LA351B 4-hole front shock tower*

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals

Lazer ZX6.6
Lazer ZX6

After Market Bodies

JConcepts Silencer

Weight Reduction options for 13.5 Class

Chassis:
UMW711B - Carbon composite rear arms
LAW60 - Carbon composite front upper bulkhead
LAW61 - Carbon composite rear upper bulkhead
LAW52 - Carbon composite front chassis brace
LAW53 - Carbon composite rear chassis brace
LA209HB - Carbon composite gear boxes (pinion bearing retainer & upper gearbox half only, lower half not compatible/saves 4.6g total)
Driveline:
LA211B - Plastic drive cups for center drive shafts coming out of front & rear gear boxes (requires drilling two holes for set screws to secure LA379)
TFW001 - Aluminum blade style outdrives (for ball diff/requires TF013)
LA202 - Aluminum pinion shafts (for ball diff)
TFW126 - VVC outdrives (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
TFW008 - VVC cross pins (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
Misc:
LAB06LW - LW Blade body
SK0402 - Ti screw set (Available at Lunsfordracing.com)
PTK-T-2111 - Ti screw set (cheaper, slightly less durable option)
LNS7765 - Ti ball studs
LNS2688 - Ti Turnbuckles
LNS36107 - Ti Turnbuckles (super duty)
W0201H - Hard anodized lower shock balls
1-N3024A-R - Aluminum M3x2.4 nuts (for shock standoffs)
1-N3033NA-R - Aluminum M3x3.3 locknuts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Johnn27
The law54, which I converted my car to, allows you to move the motor and battery forward 8mm. It is also heavier and stiffer than the original chassis.
The LAW54b is the chassis which in edition to all that also allows you to use the floating servo mount. I believe they will discontinue the law54 and just offer the law54b.
But would this mean If i have the law54 and want to get the Center Diff i would habe to buy the law54b or would i be fine with law54?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Egress
But would this mean If i have the law54 and want to get the Center Diff i would habe to buy the law54b or would i be fine with law54?
Nope. The b chassis only adds the floating servo holes. The center diff will fit any ZX6.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The law54, which I converted my car to, allows you to move the motor and battery forward 8mm. It is also heavier and stiffer than the original chassis.
The LAW54b is the chassis which in edition to all that also allows you to use the floating servo mount. I believe they will discontinue the law54 and just offer the law54b.
thanks for the info. BTW just wanted to let everyone know that the old chassis will accept the center diff coming in march. I talked to joe about it yesterday and he said that tebo used it at the reedy race and that it would fit in the stock zx6 chassis which surprised me. Like i said he said it should be avail in early march.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

here is a pic of the center diff in Matsukuras car. he ran 10k, 700k, 10k
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-kyosho-zx6.jpg  
Old 01-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sugiura and Matsukura Worlds wing

I just checked out the setup sheets of Matsukura and Sugiura on Petit rc and saw that they ran an XGEAR wing at the worlds. I have never seen that wing and also can´t find any information about it on Google.
Does anyone know where i can get that wing?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-13.jpg  
Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

I just checked out the setup sheets of Matsukura and Sugiura on Petit rc and saw that they ran an XGEAR wing at the worlds. I have never seen that wing and also can´t find any information about it on Google.
Does anyone know where i can get that wing?

isnt the XGEAR wing the stock wing that comes with the zx6? I could be wrong.

Also I just ordered the new HD chassis and was wondering how people were running there servo and where they mounted the motor mount and lipo? also are any weights needed to even it out? Any extra info on this would be very helpful as I have made the move over tot he zx6 from the xb4.

Also while I am here I will ask it, Why when i look up setups is the rear diff higher then the front. Every single one i have seen have had the rear higher then the front. why is that. just seems backwords to how the b44.3 or the xb4, or even any of the 1/8 buggys? thanks for any info
Old 01-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by randy0025

Also I just ordered the new HD chassis and was wondering how people were running there servo and where they mounted the motor mount and lipo? also are any weights needed to even it out? Any extra info on this would be very helpful as I have made the move over tot he zx6 from the xb4.

Also while I am here I will ask it, Why when i look up setups is the rear diff higher then the front. Every single one i have seen have had the rear higher then the front. why is that. just seems backwords to how the b44.3 or the xb4, or even any of the 1/8 buggys? thanks for any info

Reconfiguring my HD Chassis. Thinking of flipping the servo sideways on the psgr side. ESC going right in front of the motor. The receiver is actually going to be mounted behind the motor. Heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-img_1893.jpg  
Old 01-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Reconfiguring my HD Chassis. Thinking of flipping the servo sideways on the psgr side. ESC going right in front of the motor. The receiver is actually going to be mounted behind the motor. Heres a pic

What did you notice about this chassis over the stock one. I saw somewhere it was 15grams lighter, And I can see you can mount the servo to the other side. I also seen you can also move the motor/motor mount forward or backwards. i just wanted to know what did what and how it affects the car and handling. I just got the zx6 2 days ago so it will be a learning process, any help i can get will help big time
Old 01-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

What did you notice about this chassis over the stock one. I saw somewhere it was 15grams lighter, And I can see you can mount the servo to the other side. I also seen you can also move the motor/motor mount forward or backwards. i just wanted to know what did what and how it affects the car and handling. I just got the zx6 2 days ago so it will be a learning process, any help i can get will help big time
from what i read, the HD chassis is heaver than they stock. i have my server installed on the passenger side and motor in the rear. going to try it out tonight.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

The wings (both are the same) are not like the x gear wings from matsukura and co.

Oh and the HD chassis must be heavier as it has less flex because of the fact that it is not as milled out as the standard chassis.

Last edited by Egress; 01-28-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

The wings (both are the same) are not like the x gear wings from matsukura and co.

Oh and the HD chassis must be heavier as it has less flex because of the fact that it is not as milled out as the standard chassis.
Okay so it says it is 15 grams heavier on amain's wesite. but what else does it do. Is it longer or shorter, As i see they give you center driveshafts. I would think they give you those driveshaft because the stock ones dont fit which tell me that something is either longer or shorter. So if anyone can please give me the info about it and any affects it has that would be great
Old 01-29-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Okay so it says it is 15 grams heavier on amain's wesite. but what else does it do. Is it longer or shorter, As i see they give you center driveshafts. I would think they give you those driveshaft because the stock ones dont fit which tell me that something is either longer or shorter. So if anyone can please give me the info about it and any affects it has that would be great
I installed the chassis last week. the new chassis is heavier. the drive shafts are a little longer to allow you to move the motor up for more front weight bias. Also the chassis has the holes ready for the center dif
Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skyline1015
I installed the chassis last week. the new chassis is heavier. the drive shafts are a little longer to allow you to move the motor up for more front weight bias. Also the chassis has the holes ready for the center dif
sweet, I was told by joe that the stock chassis will accept the center diff which I never thought would be possible but if anyone would know joe would. As for the weight Bias Skyline1015, how are you running your car and did it seem to help by moving the motor up more? also have you tried the motor front and backwards and which did you like more? again any info anyone can give me about this car would be helpful
Old 02-01-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default new to zx6

hello everyone, i have finally got my hands on a second hand new build zx6.
i have been running a zx5 fs2 sp for 3 years or so and love the car.
the layout i have deccided on is as follows in the picture..

in terms of equipment i will be running my current gear being:
Savox 1251mg servo
Reedy 17.5T Mach2
and Revention Pro esc

from the weights of these items the car should be pretty balanced..

the main question i have is i currently run arms with the 2mm spacers to reduce the wheel base front and back.. is this worth doing on the ZX6??

i also run the NCG arms on the rear which i really like. is there much benifit in running these arms or stay with the standard ones..

thanks for any help
sean
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread-zx6-layout.jpg  
Old 02-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Isn't it just Tebo that was doing that? I thought most of the other guys at the worlds were running 10k f/r.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.