R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Losi xxx nt adam drake (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/73566-losi-xxx-nt-adam-drake.html)

rc fanatic 05-27-2005 12:18 PM

Losi xxx nt adam drake

Hi

I am interested in buying the losi xxx nt adam drake nitro stadium car, I was just wondering if u cud tell me any details about it, such as engine is it good and reliable,and is the top end and acceleration good. And please cud u tell me sum other nitro stadium cars in that price range so that i dont make a bad choice. And is the car roto start or if now wat is it.

Thanks alot

Chris ;)

the dirt 05-27-2005 01:40 PM

The XXX NT Adam Drake editon and AD2 Edition dont come with any electronics, engine, etc. But the RTR which you are talking about does. It comes with a Roto Start the same type used with the LST. I seen a few run but I can't say as to how great the motor is. It is definately a good truck, other trucks would the Team Associated GT which also comes in a RTR model. This is also a really tough truck. IMO i think the NT is better because of its dricving characteristics, very easy and has lots of setups for it, where the Gt just doesn't to me have some of these characteristics.

rc fanatic 05-27-2005 01:54 PM

So what is the one called with everything included. U c i am onli a beginner and new to the sport so do u fink that it is 2 complex for me at this stage or is it easy 2 tune etc. As the last nitro car i had was truly pants it was £180 and it was problem after problem with the pull start and engine etc and i had to dish out around £60 on repairs and its still now runnin correctly, so now i just want a quality stadium car which most importantly has a good, reliable engine. So wat wud u recommend?

Thanks alot

Chris ;)

rc fanatic 05-27-2005 02:09 PM

Heres a list of the cars of which im looking at

Losi xxx nt adam drake £340
Schumacer menace £310
Hpi mt2 £265
Traxxas jato £265
Associated RC10GT Factory Team £275
Losi XXX NT Sport £270

So which wud u go for depending on build quality and engine reliability or do u have ne other ideas.

Thanks

Chris ;)

the dirt 05-27-2005 09:28 PM

Tuning of the nitro cars can be hard when you first start out, it's a learning curve and after time you will become a pro. But for as cars go, the best ones in your list would be for "Kit Cars"-XXX-NT AD2, RC10GT FT (these are just the rolling chassis's) For "RTR Cars"- XXX-NT, Jato (it's still new meaning there maybe a few things that might have to fixed, but it should be a good car just like the other traxxas cars). For engines (for RC10GT FT and XXX-NT AD2) a good .12 engine from OS Engines. They make really good engines are some of the easiest. Sirio is also a goood motor, but can be difficult at times. You should also check what your hobby shop carries. Then you won't have to wait for parts as long.

rc fanatic 05-28-2005 02:17 AM

;) Well my price linit is really £270, and i have found the schumacer menace,xxx nt jato and the mt2 all around this price. I dont really want to spend more then this, BUt the most important feature to me is a good engine. I am particuloarly interested in the schumacer menace as my mate has got a schumacer with the same 3.5cc engine and drill start system and his worked fine evertime. So wud that be worth looking in to orm not. I also want to buy a ready to race model, straight out of the box. So what one out of these wud u suggest.

Thanks

Chris

Artificial-I 05-28-2005 09:05 PM

XXX-NT RTR is normally rated the #1 RTR stadium truck by magazines. RTR and RTRII are very similiar so you could save yourself some money looking for the XXX-NT RTR instead of the newer RTRII. But thats up to you. You can easily find the differences I believe its to small things and one is the roto start.

You can then get the ad2 chassis I believe and go from there, which is one of the big drawbacks of the chassis vs the ad2 is its much heavier.

VS the other cars. Ive never seen a competitive ST from traxxas...so I wouldnt go looking there first. Yeah its got speed, but who cares. You can slap on a crazy motor on any of these cars and go just as fast. Plus some love the 2.5, some hate it and it normally doesnt last long. Least half the time.

The plus side for the GT is its 100 dollars cheaper...but normally doesnt get great reviews.

Everytime you see a review on the xxx-nt RTR they say its the only one that could really compete.

The mt2 is 4wd so its not in the same category. But the 4wd makes it a more capable car for all terrains. But the 4wd is heavier , more complicated , more parts to break and pay for.

rc fanatic 05-29-2005 11:34 AM

So i am taking that the xx nt and the xx nt11 are the 2 cars that u wud go for. Are both of these cars also roto start or drill start etc?

Thanks

Chris

mattxxx-nt 12-16-2005 07:52 PM

the xxx nt rtr 2 would be the better truck to get. it comes with a mach .15 engine, ball diff, rwd. if u wanted, u could upgrade to the mach . 18, which ihave in my xxx nt rtr 2 which has more power and goes 10 mph + than the .15 a good thing about the rtr 2 is it can go almost anywhere. grass dirt pavment snow and ice.

does anyone know anything about the xxx nt ball diff? the small step on the compound diff gear keeps srtipping. is there any was to fix it or will i need to get all new gears. i think that it is the diff case.

if any one knows anything , could u plz pm me with a way to fix my problem

mattxxx-nt 12-16-2005 07:54 PM

both of the cars come with a roto start but u can swap it out with a pull start for about 20$

Team Duratrax 12-17-2005 08:24 PM

The RTR XXX-NT2 would be a good buy, but it is however, more expensive then the other Stadium Trucks out there. I would prefer that over the Traxxas JATO and the Menace, though. There is always the Associated RTR RC10GT which is only $260 at www.towerhobbies.com

The XXX-NT2 is $340 at www.stormerhobbies.com

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the RC10GT. It is only cheaper because of the radio system it comes with and Losi vehicles are naturally just more expensive then Associated. Both trucks are highly competitive against each other.

mattxxx-nt 12-17-2005 08:36 PM

i piched up my xxx nt sport rtr for 150$ canadian.

my friend payed 1,200$ for his xxx nt sport rtr hahahaha what a jack ass. but he got a jr controler and reciever and a set of street tires fou the reer.

Team Duratrax 12-17-2005 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mattxxx-nt
i piched up my xxx nt sport rtr for 150$ canadian.

my friend payed 1,200$ for his xxx nt sport rtr hahahaha what a jack ass. but he got a jr controler and reciever and a set of street tires fou the reer.

pWn3d! :lol:

mattxxx-nt 12-17-2005 09:11 PM

ya ownage alright!!! he doesnt even drive it....lol

i drive my tuck in the snow, i dont care i just clean it good after.

what is a better fuel for the mach .15 so% or 30 % i have tried 30 and i find that it is a cleaner burning

Team Duratrax 12-17-2005 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by mattxxx-nt
ya ownage alright!!! he doesnt even drive it....lol

i drive my tuck in the snow, i dont care i just clean it good after.

what is a better fuel for the mach .15 so% or 30 % i have tried 30 and i find that it is a cleaner burning

Usually, runnning higher nitro content means more "gunk" will come out of the engine. This mostly depends on the percentage of oil and the quality of the fuel really.

O'donnell and Blue Thunder are good fuels to go with. If you are using 30%, then stick with 30%.