Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit >

The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit

Like Tree1Likes

The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit

Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

It's sad people are "ok" with a pretty obvious ripoff of an existing car. The hobby will never move forward and innovate if companies continue to "Chinese knock-off" things that are already on the market. Unfortunately Intech ripped off a Durango, but nobody seems to care too much. That's so weird to me.

When a distributor himself is saying it's "based off the Durango" that tells me its a ripoff. I understand you have to pump them up and all, but don't you feel a little cheap that you are pimping a knock-off car?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last edited by Team G Racing; 07-12-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King View Post
It's sad people are "ok" with a pretty obvious ripoff of an existing car. The hobby will never move forward and innovate if companies continue to "Chinese knock-off" things that are already on the market. Unfortunately Intech ripped off a Durango, but nobody seems to care too much. That's so weird to me.

When a distributor himself is saying it's "based off the Durango" that tells me its a ripoff. I understand you have to pump them up and all, but don't you feel a little cheap that you are pimping a knock-off car?

There are only so many ways to make a product that fits into rules for a racing category. Yes it looks like a Durango, but now that I have finished building it, it is 40-60% different and way different then it looks. To not be a copy, it only has to be 10% different. I built a Durango 2 weeks ago, so I would have something to compare it to. So I know what I am talking about, where as those who just see a picture with the body on do not.

The Intech BR-6 buggy is based off the Xray XB9 but it is about 75% different even though it looks the same with the body on. My previous car was an Agama A8 that looked exactly like a Losi 8 but was about 50% different also.

As for pimping a knock-off, every product we distribute could be called the same thing. And Intech is made in Taiwan, not China. All of our products are imported from Asia (Taiwan and China) and sold in the USA because they are the same quality but less expensive. Our whole company goal and policy is to give racers a cheaper alternative without sacrificing performance because we know how expensive RC racing is. I have been racing since 1987 and the first 5 years I raced as a teenager, I got my tires from the trash cans after the race was over that the pros threw away. Then I would use them for club racing for the next few months.

We do not believe in exact copies or stealing competitors designs, and none of our products are copies. They all have been changed 10% or more, so they are legally different. But look at every brand's tire line up and you will see every manufacture has a tire that looks just like another brand's. And every buggy on the market looks similar because you can only make a buggy so many ways that works good.

When a new manufacture releases something out of the box and different, it does not sell because no one wants to take the chance and thinks it could not be better because it is not the same as what is currently winning. But when they release something that is close but changed to be better, people complain that it is a copy. So it is a catch 22 for anything new.

If you do not agree with our mission of providing high quality RC racing products for less, then you do not have to do business with us plain and simple.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Back on topic please.

Last edited by VPProUSA; 07-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last edited by Team G Racing; 07-12-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post

There are only so many ways to make a product that fits into rules for a racing category. Yes it looks like a Durango, but now that I have finished building it, it is 40-60% different and way different then it looks. To not be a copy, it only has to be 10% different. I built a Durango 2 weeks ago, so I would have something to compare it to. So I know what I am talking about, where as those who just see a picture with the body on do not.

The Intech BR-6 buggy is based off the Xray XB9 but it is about 75% different even though it looks the same with the body on. My previous car was an Agama A8 that looked exactly like a Losi 8 but was about 50% different also.

As for pimping a knock-off, every product we distribute could be called the same thing. And Intech is made in Taiwan, not China. All of our products are imported from Asia (Taiwan and China) and sold in the USA because they are the same quality but less expensive. Our whole company goal and policy is to give racers a cheaper alternative without sacrificing performance because we know how expensive RC racing is. I have been racing since 1987 and the first 5 years I raced as a teenager, I got my tires from the trash cans after the race was over that the pros threw away. Then I would use them for club racing for the next few months.

We do not believe in exact copies or stealing competitors designs, and none of our products are copies. They all have been changed 10% or more, so they are legally different. But look at every brand's tire line up and you will see every manufacture has a tire that looks just like another brand's. And every buggy on the market looks similar because you can only make a buggy so many ways that works good.

When a new manufacture releases something out of the box and different, it does not sell because no one wants to take the chance and thinks it could not be better because it is not the same as what is currently winning. But when they release something that is close but changed to be better, people complain that it is a copy. So it is a catch 22 for anything new.

If you do not agree with our mission of providing high quality RC racing products for less, then you do not have to do business with us plain and simple.
You take a product. Change it by 10% or more (which is insanely easy) and call it your own while admitting to copying.

Yes you are really good for RC. Take a product someone else R&D'd so you can produce it cheaper for the sake of lowering cost for people?

Laughable.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Still no body off pictures

Is there a ETA to when the ER-12 might be available ?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

This will be my last post about this so we can get back on topic.

We do not copy anything. VP-Pro USA is a distributor like Horizon Hobby, Great Planes, and HRP. We do not design or manufacture anything, we just import and sell RC products made outside of the USA. If you have a problem with any of our manufactures products, you should contact them through their website.

This forum here is for VP-Pro USA dealers and customers to discuss the Intech brand car. You are entitled to your opinion but we would prefer you keep negativity out of here.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Just finished the shocks. They are the exact same as the 1/8 buggy shocks except 12.5mm rather then 15mm. Very nice. Alum caps, alum bottom nut, alum spring nuts. It comes with 6 x 1.1mm, 6 x 1.2, and 6 x 1.3 pistons.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Still no body off pictures

Is there a ETA to when the ER-12 might be available ?
Sorry, they have asked me not to post any pictures at this time. They want to wait until the professional photos are released. As soon as all the loose ends are finished and the buggy is ready for production, then they will show detailed pics.

Not ETA or price yet.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
Sorry, they have asked me not to post any pictures at this time. They want to wait until the professional photos are released. As soon as all the loose ends are finished and the buggy is ready for production, then they will show detailed pics.

Not ETA or price yet.

No problem, like what has been shown so far and just excited to see the rest. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Zonk; 07-12-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I look forward to hearing how it goes!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I will add this tidbit. If being different will cost me $1,000 I will gladly be the same.
Blake
Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I was able to see Gene wheel this car for the first time yesterday. I was extremely impressed with the way it handled. Finishing the build just hours before race day he was able to run some of the fastest times of the day. I was also able to see it close up and the quality defintely looks on point. I will be first in line when these are available to the public.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
I was able to see Gene wheel this car for the first time yesterday. I was extremely impressed with the way it handled. Finishing the build just hours before race day he was able to run some of the fastest times of the day. I was also able to see it close up and the quality defintely looks on point. I will be first in line when these are available to the public.
Thanks and thank you for the dialed paint job!

I was up until 5:00am Fri night installing the electronics and gluing tires for Saturday's Florida Electric State Series race. I practiced 1 battery pack in the morning and then TQ'd both rounds of qualifying and won the A-main event by almost 3 laps. It was a very low turnout, but not bad for my first race with the new buggy and only 2nd time I have driven a 2wd in 13 years.

The buggy just had one issue (shocks leaking), but once I fixed that, it was very easy to drive and super consistent. The track was very slick and I even struggled with my 1/8 Ebuggy, but the ER-12 was fairly planted and much better then I could have hoped for.

I also finished 2nd with my BR-6E behind Losi's JR Mitch who drove a perfect race, so it was a very good weekend for Intech Racing and VP-Pro tires. I used Turbo Trax in qual and Strikers in the main event with Friction fronts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.