Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit >

The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit

Like Tree1Likes

The New INTECH ER-12 Buggy 1/10th 2wd Pro Kit

Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I like it. Looking forward to picking one up when they come in stock.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcboy1 View Post
It literally looks exactly the same as the durango dex210
Yes except with 100's of dollars worth of option hop up parts already included.

It is based on the DEX210, but there are many differences as I have both right here and have just compared them. Some of the parts are interchangeable, but many are not. But regardless, it should be a good buggy.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

The ER-12 uses 12mm rear hex wheels and 3/16 bearing front wheels like the AE B4.1 so any front wheel for Team Associated and any rear wheel for Kyosho, Losi, and AE will fit.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Sounds good gene. Now can we see pics under the body
I can't show any pictures without the body yet. As soon as I am aloud to, I will do a full build video and photo shoot.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
Yes except with 100's of dollars worth of option hop up parts already included.

It is based on the DEX210, but there are many differences as I have both right here and have just compared them. Some of the parts are interchangeable, but many are not. But regardless, it should be a good buggy.
I did not mean that in a bad way, i just wasn't expecting it to look as close as it is. Im willing to bet the intech will actually be a better buggy overall than the durango (maybe even cheaper).
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Between this and the HobbyPro buggy, I'm not sure which one to get.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcboy1 View Post
I did not mean that in a bad way, i just wasn't expecting it to look as close as it is. Im willing to bet the intech will actually be a better buggy overall than the durango (maybe even cheaper).
No problem.

I have been building mine all day and actually the buggy is much more different then I originally thought. The front end is the same geometry but with some differences like the steering arms can be set in 5 places (inline or trailing), but the rear end is completely different.

It is a whole new rear geometry. The CVD's are 72mm long - way longer then the DEX210. The rear hubs are non offset and can be moved forward or back 7mm rather then 4mm. The camber link location is totally different and the roll center is different. The rear susp blocks are wider. The rear chassis brace and body mount is different. The side chassis guards are way smaller. The chassis is different and about 4mm longer then the stock 210. The gear box is different.

They did not send me any extra toe/squat blocks, so I am not sure if it has the LRC or standard anti-squat blocks yet. The shocks are also 12.5mm big bores so durango size pistons should fit.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
No problem.

I have been building mine all day and actually the buggy is much more different then I originally thought. The front end is the same geometry but with some differences like the steering arms can be set in 5 places (inline or trailing), but the rear end is completely different.

It is a whole new rear geometry. The CVD's are 72mm long - way longer then the DEX210. The rear hubs are non offset and can be moved forward or back 7mm rather then 4mm. The camber link location is totally different and the roll center is different. The rear susp blocks are wider. The rear chassis brace and body mount is different. The side chassis guards are way smaller. The chassis is different and about 4mm longer then the stock 210. The gear box is different.

They did not send me any extra toe/squat blocks, so I am not sure if it has the LRC or standard anti-squat blocks yet. The shocks are also 12.5mm big bores so durango size pistons should fit.
This is what i was waiting for. All those changes to the rear end you listed will probably take this car to where durango originally intended with their buggy. Im waiting to see if the roll center changes are for the better.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How does the front steering rack and geometry look? One issue with the DEX210 out of the box is that it has a fair amount of bump steer. There are easy fixes for this, but I would be impressed if the ER-12 fixed this. I like how it comes with good materials all around - see my first post about this buggy.

It also appears to come with a gear cover that fits stock and mod, which is nice for a change. For some reason Durango and Team C did not design their gear covers to fit stock.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...-12_2wd_buggy/
Old 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post
How does the front steering rack and geometry look? One issue with the DEX210 out of the box is that it has a fair amount of bump steer. There are easy fixes for this, but I would be impressed if the ER-12 fixed this. I like how it comes with good materials all around - see my first post about this buggy.

It also appears to come with a gear cover that fits stock and mod, which is nice for a change. For some reason Durango and Team C did not design their gear covers to fit stock.
Yes the gear cover is larger then the durango, so hopefully it will fit large pinions for stock racing.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Mid motor pictures will come soon.

It uses the same rear chassis brace for rear and mid motor, so all you need to do it flip the gearbox 180'.

It also has way more chassis flex like molded chassis' do.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Any test results yet?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

How much wheelbase have this car?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine View Post

I just finished the build.

I had to add 3mm shims under the carbon fiber ackerman plate and now the car has 0 bump steer. The camber and toe remains the same on up and down travel even if the wheels are at full lock or straight. The ball studs mount on the bottom of the ackerman plate, so the tie rods don't hit the top plate on up travel.

The chassis flexes like a plastic molded chassis even though it is CNC Aluminum. So it should have a lot of traction and more forgiving in the bumps. The rear chassis brace allows a lot of flex also, so you don't have to modify or remove it to get more flex and rear traction. The CVD's are very long so they will never pop out.

It comes with a thick carbon fiber battery hold down too. Both of the rear suspension blocks are CNC aluminum. They are not the LRC, but option blocks could be made easily. It comes with 2 CNC toe blocks, one for MM and one for RM. The front anti-squat CNC block is a 0'. There will be a 1.5' and 3' CNC block available as an option part, or you can just add shims under the stock block to increase anti-squat. I put a 1mm washer so now it has 1.5' anti and 3' toe. The toe is also adjustable at the hubs and so is caster.

Can't wait to get it to the track Saturday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.