Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Why is my buggy running in reverse ???!!! >

Why is my buggy running in reverse ???!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is my buggy running in reverse ???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Why is my buggy running in reverse ???!!!

I went to start it up today . and the damn wheels were turning in the wrong way . I started it the same way i always do . What the hell happened ? Thanks . btw - it is a K2 w/hyper21.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Default going back wards

i have htis happen top me the differentals are in back wards need to flip the ring gear over front and rear
Old 05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've heard of that happening. I don't remember what the reason was. Has to be a misfire or something. Whatever the reason if you shut it off and restart it you should be good, and going in the correct direction. What do you use to start it?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You either have the diffs in wrong, or you started your engine in the wrong direction.

It is possible to start your engine the wrong way, but it will usually run like crap if at all
Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Sometimes starter boxes will momentarily short out and send the engine running in the wrong direction. Check the engaging device and all the wiring on the box.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My GT did that a little while ago. I stalled it out and restarted it with the same starter box right away. It started in the proper direction that time.

Just try starting it again.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OvalEvader
Sometimes starter boxes will momentarily short out and send the engine running in the wrong direction. Check the engaging device and all the wiring on the box.
That really doesn't make any sense. Electric motors don't just momentarily short out and go the other way.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

can the engine alive when starting wrong way..?? and can the the clutch engage when the engine turn backward..??
seem that this is bevel gear problem, maybe place in wrong side..
Old 05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

The engine can run in reverse. Although not very long and not very well. I've also had it happen once. Only time I've ever seen it. Was using a handheld bump starter and went from the wrong side. As for the clutch engauging, sure. Some people turn the mip 4in1 around so it's leading for lower engagement of the clutch.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

i have not tried to start it yet since . Every thing is wired right as far as the starterbox goes . And i have not touched the gear/diffs since it was last running in the proper direction . I keep ya posted as to what becomes of this .
Old 05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

so you are using exactly the same starter box as when it went the right way?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

yep , I started it up today and it ran in the right direction . Finally got it tuned good and then i ran out of nitro . But it looks like everything is runnin good .
Old 05-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you know I had the same thing happen to me out at the local track last weekend, it was really strange. A few days before that I had started my buggy with my starter box and it was all good, but then just a few days later I start it and the wheels are spinning backwards. The engine was running not to bad as well, so I had to turn the box around and start it like that to get the engine running the right way. I still havent figured out why the starter would just start going backwards like that, very strange.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Default running back wards

i bought a buggie mbx4 and the motor was spinning counter clock wise and the buggie was running backwards but i did try to start it the other way would not start that what way so i went back in to the house turning the drive shaft and found the diffs where installed back wards the guy sold it for cause he was dumb so i installed the diff the right way and went out with her won the a-main the next day but i am told some motor will run back wards mine wont mike portland oregon
Old 05-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default BASSACKWARDS

TRY HOLDING YER RADIO UPSIDE DOWN....

NO, REALLY. ROLL THE RIDE FORWARD TO SEE WHICH WAY EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE MOVING. THEN TUG THE PULL STARTER, OR TRY THE STARTER BOX AND MAKE ITS ALL MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. IF YOU HAVE TO DRAW AN ARROW IN THERE SOMEWHERE SO YOU KNOW THE ROTATION YOU NEED TO GET IT RUNNING, SOUNDS FUNNY, BUT I'VE DONE IT ALREADY.

MAKE SURE YOUR STARTER BOX BATTERY/MOTOR LEADS ARE NOT REVERSED. IF ITS PULL START, TRY IT AGAIN, IT SHOULD GO OK.

OR, IF A MOTOR GETS FLOODED IT'LL SOMETIMES BE ENOUGH TO KICK THE ROTATION BACKWARD FROM COMPRESSION LOCK UP. PULL THE GLO PLUG AND DRAIN THE FUEL OUT OF IT.

THAT'S ABOUT ALL I CAN MUSTER UP FOR NOW. IT ONLY HAPPENED TO ME ONCE. MY SNOWMOBILE, IT WAS BECAUSE THE STARTING WHEEL I WAS USING WAS CONNECTED TO THE BATTERY BASSACKWRDS. AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT RAN BACKWARD. NOT VERY WELL, BUT IT DID. BESIDE THAT, ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE ENGINE, BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

GOOD LUCK, AND,

HAVE A BLAST!!!!

BRADSLEY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.