Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated RC10 gold tub RE-RELEASE !!!!! >

Associated RC10 gold tub RE-RELEASE !!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC10 gold tub RE-RELEASE !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those are Jake's arms Joey. You helped me get started down this path, lol! I also used the B4 cvd stub with the MIP shiny bones. I need to find time to switch over to the Worlds tub I have, I am actually going to go with a "theme" and not just a hobbled together racer, lol! It is fast though. On our indoor clay track I keep and even lap the newer cars with it.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yes, I remember helping you along with that car...why I knew what parts (pretty much).

I still love those shock towers. Wish I would have grabbed a set.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

here are the pics

Old 05-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

started taking apart one of the gold pan but ended up doing all 3. to my surprise, the one with the motor is actully stamped C. this one has the battery box holes countersunk on the chassis while both stamp A chassis don't, they just have the holes.

the stock bellcrank on these things have so much play its not even funny. Jconcepts steering rack is a must IMO.

after some reading on the history of the rc10t, I learned that they all have a black chassis so that means that mine isn't an original. previous owner must have added the extended arms at one point.

Last edited by slowclod; 05-08-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

I ran my original gold pan at several races this winter, complete with 6 gear tranny and bottom loader original shocks and other stuff mentioned in my signature. Had a lot of fun with it, once I broke my wAy through the old brittle white nylon parts and replaced them with new AE parts. Ran JC Racing rims (English) but ended up with some cracks at the bases of some of the spokes in the rear. Anybody else have that problem with JC Racing wheels?
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have really been enjoying my gold pan. I built it completely box stock down to the bushings and z bent rod steering setup. What a kick in the pants! This is truly nostalgia for me and a ton of fun. I ran the car on 3 different tracks in stock configuration with a 17.5 and then dropped in an 8.5 for fun. Last night I rebuilt the car with full bearings and I also added the carbon fiber tranny brace so I am looking forward to running it again soon and seeing the performance increase. Later I plan to add retro style Lunsford turnbuckles and the other JConcepts upgrades. I also have the JC wheels and tires made for the RC10 and that will be the next hop up. Too much FUN!!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

are there any other shock pistons out there that will work (better) in the AE shocks? I seem to remember that the old small bore Losi pistons worked, is that true? Has anyone tried the MIP pistons?

We are getting a group of guys racing RC10 buggies here and it has been fun to say the least. Lots of smiles and laughs on the driver's stand.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, Losi small bore fit just fine.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hate to do this, but...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13509495
Old 05-03-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Need protech 2 bodyshell for graphite car as is period correct.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Seems the protech's are out of stock everywhere.

You could always get the turbo mirage from the worlds car, or check ebay I know there was guy re-popping protech's a while back
Old 05-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

The Protech 2 was not re-released. You will need to find a re-pop or new old stock.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Curious about the RC10 Classic re-release.. I bought one some time ago and ran into some issues assembling it, so I shelved it.

I built the rear shocks as the manual instructed, but they extend too far down. I remember reading about silicone tubing inside to limit down travel but don't recall how much I'll need.

Also, my transmission is fubar'ed.. hard to describe it but the spur gear wobbles quite a bit when you spin it up and there's a lot of left/right movement.. maybe 2-3mm.

I've read about layshaft needing a new replacement - what's this part?

How do I fix these and are there other problems I'll come across when building it?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Did you lose your manual? I think the manual (or at least the original manual from the 80s, which is what I have) shows the amount of silicone tubing to use. You can of course alter this to change the amount of droop, but I imagine you are having issues with over extension and your dog bones popping out, right?

I'd rebuild the tranny just like the instructions say, if you have them. Sounds like you are missing something.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
are there any other shock pistons out there that will work (better) in the AE shocks? I seem to remember that the old small bore Losi pistons worked, is that true? Has anyone tried the MIP pistons?

We are getting a group of guys racing RC10 buggies here and it has been fun to say the least. Lots of smiles and laughs on the driver's stand.
Throw the Associated pistons away. The Losi work far nicer and they have more options. The AE pistons are pretty loose. Their diameter is a bit smaller than the shock body bore. The Losi pistons are still smaller than the shock bore but
they are closer in size and allow less oil to leak around the perimeter. The Losi pistons are all 3 hole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.