Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DEX408v2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I was going to buy a v1 like I used to own but I went ahead and ordered a new tekno eb48 while they are on sale this week at Amain. Still might pick up the new dex once its out since I already have the dnx408t.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
I don't understand. What's wrong with the esc and battery tray position?
imo it has two bad aspects. one if the car flipped after high jump over a hard sharp surface or object with upside down position, the esc will catch the hit and the body won't help absorbing the impact i guess because it's an ultra low profile body. the other thing, that high raised esc plate looks limiting the space when placing a bigger battery and addition to an laready limited battery space.
this second aspects is not essential for racers, but it's a need for non racers .
Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

that's why we are running a converted DNX408
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
that's why we are running a converted DNX408
I had both and actually my rc monster converted dnx handled better than my dex408. So now I have a dnx408t that's converted with a losi 8ight conversion. It looks good and has a nice balanced layout.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MattP
I had both and actually my rc monster converted dnx handled better than my dex408. So now I have a dnx408t that's converted with a losi 8ight conversion. It looks good and has a nice balanced layout.
I agree the durango needs weight in the back and then..it works great! Many guys are complaining about the DNX408 as a nitro, many guys complain about the DEX408 too (loose in the rear) but the DNX408 converted is awesome! Very rare car but it's the easiest brushless buggy I've driven. You can drive it fast, it's very balanced on the jumps, with the weight on the rear it provides good traction also..the rcmonster conversion itself could be improved but I love this car
Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Are there any new updates on this car??
Old 05-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desert Runner
imo it has two bad aspects. one if the car flipped after high jump over a hard sharp surface or object with upside down position, the esc will catch the hit and the body won't help absorbing the impact i guess because it's an ultra low profile body.
Just a comment on this. You would need to land upside down on a raised object (think casing a jump). The height of the rear wing and front shock tower protect the ESC in any upside down landings on the flats or downsides of jumps. I have heard rumors of a new Serpent 811 radio tray that is putting the ESC on top like the DEX.

I agree the durango needs weight in the back and then..it works great! Many guys are complaining about the DNX408 as a nitro, many guys complain about the DEX408 too (loose in the rear) but the DNX408 converted is awesome! Very rare car but it's the easiest brushless buggy I've driven. You can drive it fast, it's very balanced on the jumps, with the weight on the rear it provides good traction also..the rcmonster conversion itself could be improved but I love this car
Just an interesting comparison, as I also have the S811be and a converted from nitro S811e. We had a bigger race over the weekend, outdoor clay 8th scale track, blue groove and begining to crack. Traction was a little inconsistent especially as you got off the grove (which I do a lot). Ran the 811be in A1 and A2, and the conversion in A3. Laid down same fast, and more consistent laps with the conversion. I was able to push the car harder into the corners without it skipping out on me. Most people attribute it to the increased flex in the rear of a conversion compared to a dual 2s saddle type setup.

The rear shock conversion was also done on the 811be's and has definitely increased stability. The 2.0 conversion for it included arms, uprights, rear shock bodies and shafts (longer), rear tower (taller and wider), dust guards, and wing mounts (to hold the sway bar in it's flipped position). There were some other pieces that were not related to the shock position as well. Just a general idea of what might be involved in the DEXv2.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Just a comment on this. You would need to land upside down on a raised object (think casing a jump). The height of the rear wing and front shock tower protect the ESC in any upside down landings on the flats or downsides of jumps. I have heard rumors of a new Serpent 811 radio tray that is putting the ESC on top like the DEX....
you're right in this case, but take it in another way ...
if the buggy flipped over vertical shape stone that pointed to the middle of the buggy, what would happen ?

nor the shock towers nor the rear wing will catch the impact.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desert Runner
you're right in this case, but take it in another way ...
if the buggy flipped over vertical shape stone that pointed to the middle of the buggy, what would happen ?

nor the shock towers nor the rear wing will catch the impact.
How would that be any different for ANY buggy?

A freak accident is just that, a one in million fluke. If some random rock, gotta love that for all these track-oriented buggies, hit the center of DEX408, it could just as easily hit the side where the esc is located on any other buggy.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I think Desert_Runner's point is that it feels a lot more exposed up on top like that. I know we have several DEX408's running around locally and I have yet to see one tank an ESC due to the placement, but that is true for all of the ebuggies so far.

Durango designers seem to know what they are doing, and if Serpent is looking at doing the same, obviously it is less of an issue then we may think. I know that I personally considered it a negative when looking between the 2 cars, but after holding a 408 in my hands and putting it down upside down, I felt a lot better about it. The primary argument for putting the ESC on the chassis is not for protection, but to offset the weight of the motor better to provide optimal balance.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

What setup are you running? I tried the full pack on my DEX. Its too stable. I went with shorty lipos pushed up to the front to gain a bit more steering. Also adding weight to the rear, increases rear grip coming out of the corner but also increases the pendulum effect and makes the rear swing more coming into a turn.

Is your car rolling too much, damping too stiff or too soft, how are your camber links? What sway bars? There was a few posts in the DEX408 forum where guys are running 450wt white blue 4 hole 1.3mm, 2.2mm sway, 400wt white grey rear, 4 hole 1.3mm and 2.2mm sway, no roll center mod, shocks placed on the rear of the arms. Follow their camber link positions. Its a pretty decent setup. Doesn't hurt to give it a try and give us your feedback. Perhaps then we can fine tune your setup from there. A lot of guys are really helpful here. But just saying the car is loose doesn't give us much to work on. And yes the default setup is on the loose side.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any news ?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

+1 does anybody know if they will release a new body?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kerb
Any news ?
Looks like the release date got pushed back by another month. No longer in June. It's July now.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any new news on the v2? I. Want to buy one but waiting for the V2 to come out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.