Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Motor Recomendations >

Motor Recomendations

Motor Recomendations

Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Motor Recomendations

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a replacement motor. Recently the Brushed motor burnt out on my HSP XSTR. I'm looking for a motor with a bit of grunt as i do a lot of hard bush bashing(hard enough that the motor burnt out in just over a year) but still like a bit of speed. Currently I'm looking at a LEOPARD Brushless Combo 60A ESC 3300KV 12T Motor.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

3300kv motor would be about right. I haven't heard feedback on the Leopard combo's. Looks like a Turnigy Trackstar 1. Hobbyking have a warehouse in Australia which you can checkout at http://www.hobbyking.com
Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks I think I'll go for the Turnigy 60amp Esc v2.2 and the Turnigy Trackstar 3300Kv inrunner motor because from hobby king it works out cheaper than the leopard combo
Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hobby king has great prices and that's a decent motor and esc
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I went with a Castle Sidewinder 3 for my XXX-SCB. I prefer customer service and a warranty when purchasing something. I hear HobbyKing's customer service is really bad and they tend to be hard to deal with.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice choice. I have ran hobby wing ecs's with no issues and they are very common even on 1/8 buggies.
Hobby wing also have a tech thread on here - HW Tech Support.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Ordered Yesterday from hobbyking Sadly I had to order over Half the order from the global warehouse(Motor, heatsink with fan and new 3ch radio gear) and the rest from the Australian warehouse(ESC because it was on backorder from the global warehouse but they still had some in the AU warehouse and the program card) they were the only things that I wanted that were available in the AU warehouse.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last time I ordered batteries from the Australian warehouse they were on my door 2 days later. When I ordered from overseas took 1 1/2 weeks.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I went with the X car 60 amp esc and the Turnigy 10T engine to upgrade a brushed set up in one of ours (both rebadged hobbywing I believe). The ESC is updatable / programmable via usb port and software from a laptop and its pretty easy to use.
Had to get from the international warehouse but only took a couple of weeks.
The motor got a bit hot on the first couple of runs so I added a heat sink and a dropped a few teeth on the pinion and its better (not perfect) now..
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Tech Rookie

All my stuff has come with only 1 issue.The ESC didnt come in the package due to a system error but hobby king sorted it out and I got the ESC a few days later. It is so fast compared to the brushed system the car came with. I just wish it was waterproof its been really wet recently being the reason that its onlyu my first full drive today yesterday I took it out did a tiny bit of driving and then the motor gear undid itself so I had to do it up again and by that time it was to dark to be driving (Now all I need is a light system)