Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno MBX6 or Tekno EB48 >

Tekno MBX6 or Tekno EB48

Tekno MBX6 or Tekno EB48

Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tekno MBX6 or Tekno EB48

Need a bit of help from you guys and gals.

I'm very interesting in purchasing a new Tekno EB48. I've read nothing but good things and even though I live in the UK and support over here is very slim, I still want one.

My problem is I already own a Tekno Mugen which I really like, and would like to know if the 2 are similar in performance in anyway. Is it worth getting an EB48 or just keeping my Tekno'ed Mugen.

So if any of you that have run both or owned both, please let me know your preference and comments between the two.

Many Thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The Tekno will be much lighter and more nimble , and have a lot more steering than the Mugen , though a V4 converted MBX6 is an awesome buggy as well .
Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks BashemSmashem for the fast reply.

I absolutely love my Tekno Mugen, so much so I have 2 of them. To be honest the Mugen has plenty steering already, but the fact that the EB48 is much light is a good thing. Based on a basic setup on both buggies, how much lighter would you say the EB48 is?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I have read that the EB48 can be built down to a tick over 7lbs. with reasonably sized batteries. My Mugen/Tekno 6 weighs about 7-8oz more than that with 4500mah/4s batteries and a tekin setup.

The Tekno sounds like it runs really well but Mugen's durability and parts availability should be considered too. If you don't run your cars a whole lot and part wear isn't as much of a concern then that may be a non-issue.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

The mbx6 doesn't have plenty of steering. If you think that try an EB48, JQ or similar buggies. The mbx7 is better.

The thing is you'll never have a car that stays stable and plenty of steering at the same time.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post

The thing is you'll never have a car that stays stable and plenty of steering at the same time.
You must not own a Serpent
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
The mbx6 doesn't have plenty of steering. If you think that try an EB48, JQ or similar buggies. The mbx7 is better.

Really.... I have a EB48, MBX6 and MBX7e. I run on a blue groove clay track and the MBX6 can out turn the EB48 and the MBX7 just kills it.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
The Tekno will be much lighter and more nimble , and have a lot more steering than the Mugen , though a V4 converted MBX6 is an awesome buggy as well .
Lighter than the ECO? That can actually be a negative if you ask me. Rough tracks toss my ECO around like a beach ball. Lighter than that wont be an improvement on the track I run at. It's probably fine on indoor clay though.