Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Gens Ace 4s Lipo Hardcase Cracked Open!! >

Gens Ace 4s Lipo Hardcase Cracked Open!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gens Ace 4s Lipo Hardcase Cracked Open!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo4age
not to the environment.
Riiiiiiiiiight.... And how much lithium is used in the Prius you probably drive mr save the planet?

It doesn't really make any impact. The impact comes from the manufacturing process, which is why they are made overseas, where they don't buy the myth of man made global warming or any of the other BS politics associated with it.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Oh boi, now this thread is goin to the save the planet goons!!! Heehee its about lipos and not polluting the godforsaken planet who really cares about that right
Old 05-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DsWright
Riiiiiiiiiight.... And how much lithium is used in the Prius you probably drive mr save the planet?

It doesn't really make any impact. The impact comes from the manufacturing process, which is why they are made overseas, where they don't buy the myth of man made global warming or any of the other BS politics associated with it.
fyi... i shoot my bad lipos. and i even drive a car without a catalytic converter. its my wife that drives the hybrid, she shoots too though.

sarcasm is unfortunately so often lost over the internet...
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Suspended

fyi... i shoot my bad lipos. and i even drive a car without a catalytic converter. its my wife that drives the hybrid, she shoots too though.

Lmao Ikr man, seems like ppl just take things to seriously haha, and I love to shoot lipos hahaha
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a "quality" lipo sack but do not use it. I now use an old metal ammo case I picked up from an army surplus store. I don't think most people understand just how dangerous lipo batteries are.

Here's how much "protection" you get from a lipo case: http://youtu.be/ZEkewCjiDs0
Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Hey im a huge fan of having a sarcasm font the internet is in desperate need of one.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Ahh that's nothing! Tape it back together strapping it criss cross with some black duct tape after you CA the case back again or send it back to hobbypartz your call. Out of the 6 I have 1 did that same thing BEFORE i even ran it!!!

I taped mine and it goes on a FT rc8Be, HPI Apache C1 Flux, and my DM-1 Spec E no problems. That's just a case not properly glued together!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

I have had two of these gens ace crack open. They went bad shortly after..... Besides shooting bad lipos, it's also fun to throw them into a ''campfire" Hahaha!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by arrtay
I have had two of these gens ace crack open. They went bad shortly after..... Besides shooting bad lipos, it's also fun to throw them into a ''campfire" Hahaha!!!
Hahaha that's a new one lol, gotta try it heehee
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Ahh that's nothing! Tape it back together strapping it criss cross with some black duct tape after you CA the case back again or send it back to hobbypartz your call. Out of the 6 I have 1 did that same thing BEFORE i even ran it!!!

I taped mine and it goes on a FT rc8Be, HPI Apache C1 Flux, and my DM-1 Spec E no problems. That's just a case not properly glued together!
I would tape it back together and reuse it, but it's not charging with the balancer--gives me an error--and it's not charging correctly or full anymore, plus the performance has dropped dramatically....So there's something wrong with it--I'm not trusting this one

It's not like my first pack where the case started to crack open after the first few runs...I just taped it and I'm still using it today because it charges and runs just fine.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

btw guys. When one of the 4 cells goes bad.. if you have the skills to solder it up and remove the bad cell, you have the best portable jump starter ever.... I use one on my lawnmower when it it sluggish to start....
Old 05-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelwhite
I take my clapped out lipos to Radioshack or BatteriesPlus. They take em no questions asked. That way I dont havta do nothin to them. I just take them right to the store.
Best Buy will take them off your hands too.