Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Duratrax 835E 1/8th RTR Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

mines on the bench for a rear diff re-build. I had no issues w arms or tires. Plastics are too soft. My suns and planetaries are fine . The diff case is shot
Old 07-28-2018, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Got a couple sets of the Ofna / HoBao gears. You can tell that they do not come from the same mold / press. The holes in the back are shaped differently and they look more precise. The steel is a lighter color as well.

I don't care for these thin .001 shims in the diff, riding against the rubber seals that don't allow them to sit flush against the housing. That seems to be an issue. I've rebuilt two diffs and both times, those shims were bent into crescents. I figure that's what is allowing the slop in the mesh and the Duratrax gears just can't handle that.

By comparison, my Vorza diffs have no shims on the sun gears at all. No bendy shim, no mesh slippage. Too bad they won't fit the 835. Looks like these new gears do the trick anyway, from what I've read here.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is anyone still running one of these? I am seeing one on FB-marketplace for a very attactive price. But it seems that the parts for this car and similar cars are hard to find. If I can't get parts then no price is cheap enough.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RaceBash
Is anyone still running one of these? I am seeing one on FB-marketplace for a very attactive price. But it seems that the parts for this car and similar cars are hard to find. If I can't get parts then no price is cheap enough.
I sold mine years ago and just got back into RC in the last year or so. I went with Arrma this time and love them.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're already noticing parts supply is bad, go with your gut instincts...get something that is in current production.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I still have mine. I mess with it now and then....I have enough parts. You can find some on E-Bay... Try Tower Hobbys.. Search Duratrax 835e and 835b it says they have alot of parts still in stock.I would call to verify first...Theyre are parts around if you search...
Old 03-18-2020, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I would get something more up to date with better support....
Old 03-20-2020, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

If I buy it, it would be a secondary vehicle for me. My primary vehicle is required to have strong parts support. I may be trading my imitation Slash for an RC8.2e roller so this duratrax may have to sit.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bob.less
I would get something more up to date with better support....
hey guys I'm trying to get the 835e back up and running but both of my trakpower 5600 4 cell batteries are dead. Both are bulging neither are worth trying to save, any thoughts on a replacement for what's out there? Currently running a shorty 2 s4000 on a rock crawler so I've been out of the speed market for a bit now...

Old 03-22-2020, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

I use Venom 4s 50c 5000s....Been good enough for me....
Old 03-24-2020, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run cheap batteries and have been pretty satisfied with Zeee packs, so far. But the ones I have are still pretty new. After running two 2S packs in series in my 1/8 Ebuggy, they came out (after hitting the LVC limit) barely warm, within a couple of hundreths of a vole between cells and measured 2,2,2 and 3 ohms. Based on previous tests, I think their Mah specs might be a bit inflated but if they hold up well, I can tolerate that little issue.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

wondering if i should be lubricating the dog bone ends or gears? The buggy is still running like a beast, and I took delivery of a pile of replacement parts today. What type of general TLC do you guys go to this old dog? we have an sct10, and 2 crawlers... no way am i going to drive those if this thing poops out. About to embark on a steering drag link replacement...
Old 04-09-2020, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run cheap batteries and have been pretty satisfied with Zeee packs, so far. But the ones I have are still pretty new. After running two 2S packs in series in my 1/8 Ebuggy, they came out (after hitting the LVC limit) barely warm, within a couple of hundreths of a vole between cells and measured 2,2,2 and 3 ohms. Based on previous tests, I think their Mah specs might be a bit inflated but if they hold up well, I can tolerate that little issue.
yep! bought 2 Zee 5200/50c/14.8 and they have been great, takes about an hour on the X1 touch, nice balance per cell.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi, RC newbie here. Just want to share that ye olde 835E has resurrected as a FS Racing Focus 6S. My order came with discontinued Arrma ESC and servo components which fried after a single run. Fortunately I was able to get a partial refund—which went into a new Hobbywing 150A ESC, and 20kg digital servo. Now the new-old beastie is back. Was worried about parts—so glad to find this thread so that I have more search options in the future if things starts breaking. Will share photos when I've passed forum probation.

slick2500 likes this.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobao diff gears

Stripped the center diff in my 835E on 5S 4 pole 2100 KV turnigy. Had really thick paste like center diff lube in it. Hobao 87002 diff gears worked with their supplied shims. Hobao 87006 center diff cups also worked great. The overall length is the same but as mentioned earlier, the cups are deeper. I used an 88 mm dog bone from the rear axle (replaced 86) up front and it fits with perfect end play. The rear will need a 98-100 not sure yet but I put a spacer in it for now.