Wiki Posts
Search

which battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default which battery

I'm interested in using a lipo battery in my Associated B4.2 with 10t brushless tekin motor and esc which will be used for racing at my track. What C rating do I need? I noticed there are batteries that have 100+ C ratings and batteries that have 25 C ratings.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

25-30c is sufficient
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Mod motor? 100c or more.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Don't get caught up in C ratings. There is absolutely no standard for which C ratings are determined. One distributors pack may rate their packs at 30c where as a different distributor will mark the same packs at 80c.

It's just marketing. Go to smc-racing.net and check with those guys. They're the most honest in the business and have very affordable prices.

As stated by the first response, you don't need gobs of power to run these little buggies. All a bigger badder battery will do is cost you more money and weigh more which slows the quickness of the buggy. Light weight is one of the important keys in 1/10 buggy racing.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hoese37
25-30c is sufficient
Originally Posted by rcracenut
Mod motor? 100c or more.
Originally Posted by shagnat
Don't get caught up in C ratings. There is absolutely no standard for which C ratings are determined. One distributors pack may rate their packs at 30c where as a different distributor will mark the same packs at 80c.

It's just marketing. Go to smc-racing.net and check with those guys. They're the most honest in the business and have very affordable prices.

As stated by the first response, you don't need gobs of power to run these little buggies. All a bigger badder battery will do is cost you more money and weigh more which slows the quickness of the buggy. Light weight is one of the important keys in 1/10 buggy racing.
Thank you for that info you guys.