Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
xxx sct why do people do not want one >

xxx sct why do people do not want one

xxx sct why do people do not want one

Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default xxx sct why do people do not want one

iv been trying to sell my xxx sct and its not selling i know the 22sct is out but is that truck so much better than the xxx sct?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's old and dated. I had one and it drives nice. But the new SC's drive much better and have more adjustments. It's not that it's not good but not the trend right now. I think I sold mine for way under $100 i.e. gave it a way.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

LOL, well you're asking for almost $500 for your setup thats why. A brand new 22SCT RTR is only about $500 right now.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

90% of the time the reason why items do not sell because the owner wants more than the market value. Also, most people arent looking for complete package deals.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

pics always help, i close threads without pictures.

there are many places to host free pictures at too... imageshack.us for example.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

As said, you won't get the same money from a outdated used chassis as a new 22.

Also, after you drop your price to something that might sell you need pics.

If you want someone to do your work and pm you with their email address and wait around for you to reply with pics... your going to have that xxx for a long time.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You would be lucky to get 250 for everything.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Safe to say you guys railed em lol
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastLosi View Post
Safe to say you guys railed em lol
No, they just told him the truth. The thing is, r/c cars are something that depreciate very quickly. Just like a full size car, as soon as it walks out the door of the hobby shop, take 10-15% off. Build it and run it a few times and your looking at 25-50% off. Unfortunately, all the new people that were brought into the hobby by the SC trucks (and also the Crawler guys) seem to think that their beat up toy car is worth nearly the same as what the manufacturer charged for it when it was new. The thing that makes it worse, is these same guys are willing to pay the exorbitant prices that the other guys are asking for their used stuff, which sends the whole thing into a downward spiral. Used toy cars are not worth that much, but their are just too many new people that are too clueless to understand that. It created a bubble, and now that some of those new guys have actually realized that a used car isn't worth much, the bubble has burst. Unless it is something ultra rare (and even the ultra rare stuff doesn't hold much value in a down economy, just ask me how I know), r/c cars are not an investment. You buy one, beat on it, and move on to a shiny new one when you are sick of it. Back about 5 years ago everyone was into touring cars. The only ones still racing electric off-road were the die hards. You could find used buggies for way cheap all day long.

One last thing, you made an account and set up an avatar picture, all to post this?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sct guy and scaler/crawler guys put a ton of effort/pride into there truck making them go up in price i put a ton of money into this truck yes to make it race better. i dont bash any of my trucks im a racer and i rebuilt my hole truck this winter it is brand new pretty much and the only reason why im selling my truck is that people at my track are jerks to me and my dad and i dont let that type of that atmosphere. so dont hate on the sct guys and crawler guys
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matttherat View Post
sct guy and scaler/crawler guys put a ton of effort/pride into there truck making them go up in price i put a ton of money into this truck yes to make it race better. i dont bash any of my trucks im a racer and i rebuilt my hole truck this winter it is brand new pretty much and the only reason why im selling my truck is that people at my track are jerks to me and my dad and i dont let that type of that atmosphere. so dont hate on the sct guys and crawler guys

While my wife may agree that I put way too much money into my truck. It is money that I know will not give me a return on my investment. It looks like you have quality parts in your set up. You should part it out. I think you will be better off in the long run. You really need to post some pictures as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put some pictures in your for sale ad. You say you take pride in your truck, show that pride and take lots of detailed pictures so people interested in buying can see the condition/cleanliness of your ride.

If I click on a for sale ad and there's no pics, I move on to the next one. You have to put some effort into your for sale ad besides bumping it everyday.

Good luck with the sale, parting out the electronics would probably help it go quicker.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You say crawler guys put a ton or work and pride into their trucks making the value go up? That may be true but we also take a huge loss on the same truck. Take my Wraith for example. I have put close to $2000 in to it. Do I expect to get that back? Not at all, but I do expect to get more then the kit would cost to buy new. I have some other custom one off IFS stuff too that I know will take a huge hit if I were to sell them, even for a thousand bucks. I feel if the return on investment isn't worth it then I keep them. I put them on a shelf and that's where they sit until the demand goes up or they have depreciated to the point it doesn't matter anymore.

As for a dated race specific rig. I wouldn't spend 1/3 what it cost to get a new, modern, advanced kit. It makes no sense.

I also completely ignore for sale threads without pictures.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You can spend a ton of money on upgrade parts and not see a dime of that in return when you sell. Unfortunately the XXX platform is antiquated compared to what's out ther now. Capable yes, desirable not so much.

You'll find that for the most part SCT guys take the least pride in their vehicles as most of them are newer to racing and just want to hammer down on the throttle and ram into each other. Of course I'm speaking in stereotypes and that doesn't apply to all SCT owners. The most meticulous drivers are 1/10 2wd buggy guys IMO.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

No pics and asking wayyy to much and that's why it's no one wants it for what your asking plus its a dated design

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.