Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW >

Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW

Like Tree3Likes

Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW

Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

will you offer in the future perches on the front shock tower so you can mount the ball studs to use shims to adjust there height, similar to how some of the upgraded shock towers are made for the durango dex210?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

too many cars on the market already. unless the price point is low and the quality is high, it probably wont crack the US market. getting amain, tower and other large distributors to carry your parts line will be key.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
too many cars on the market already. unless the price point is low and the quality is high, it probably wont crack the US market. getting amain, tower and other large distributors to carry your parts line will be key.
A Main carries the Agama line of cars, imported by Hobby Pro USA, so most likely they should carry the PR1, even with that said getting parts support from Hobby Pro is faster than any of the big name retailers, I live in Indiana and get parts from Hobby Pro in 2-3 days, with their normal shipping rates, or from Eazy RC, which is free shipping in any order over $10. Also local hobby shops are always welcome to set up an account and carry the products.

Yes there are alot of 2wd buggys on the market, each has its strenghs and weaknesses, but its nice to see a car be competitive thats not an " big name "
Old 05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)

is this the vehicle that can use standard rear hex wheels from AE, Losi, etc and if so, can it use pin rear wheels from the same companies if you remove the hex?

appologize beforehand, just recall reading about a vehicle that coudl do that on the rear, but not the front as far as use others wheels but wanted to confirm.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Prophet

"Big names" means they will be around for a while. You can still buy parts for the original rc10 on amain. These and teamc seem like fly by night companies. Granted if they take off and become big, then that changes. Time will tell with this buggy though. If it drives like a RB6 costs half as much, has the highest quality and easily accessible parts, it will sell. I have been eying the BMAX2 which is the exact same price, but even yokomo seems to have issues cracking the US market.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
is this the vehicle that can use standard rear hex wheels from AE, Losi, etc and if so, can it use pin rear wheels from the same companies if you remove the hex?

appologize beforehand, just recall reading about a vehicle that coudl do that on the rear, but not the front as far as use others wheels but wanted to confirm.
that is a great question. and it gets asked about every new car. I just mentioned the Bmax2 and people asked that same question. Mostly people were like wtf, you made a new car without hexes.... But being able to use the AVID, JC, AKA or what ever wheels will be important.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain View Post

yes the car is setup for 12mm hex wheels, as far as pin rears i assume u can use it without the hex as long as you add shims to take up the play from the absense of the hex.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

I see Hobby Pro is in Chino Hills. Can I swing by and pick up direct or is it mail order only? I looked up the adress and it lists the Post Office.I service Corona/Chino area for Safety Kleen and like to pick up parts on my lunch break. I like the looks of the buggy and they work as well as they look.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Cain: Thanks for your questions regarding the Hobby Pro PRS1. As a racing oriented company we will always look to improve our vehicles with running changes. The perch for ball stud height is something we may consider in time. The PRS1 utilizes standard 12mm Hexes. Aside from the PR Wheels which we will recommend the new AE hex wheels share a similar offset. We do not plan to utilize any Pin style wheels as the Hex setup is much more reliable and convenient. ; )

Wildcat1971: Yes, vehicles come and go. We (Hobby Pro USA) have been involved in with the industry for many years on the manufacturing / R & D side of things. We take pride in our recent growth and certainly do not plan on going anywhere. We plan to bring High Quality Off-Road Racing products to the competitive market for many years to come. Our parts support, customer service and shipping are 2nd to none in the industry. ; )

bambambennett: We will be opening up our new office / warehouse in Riverside CA within the next two weeks. Although we are a distribution company walk in sales / questions will be welcomed.

We understand our core demographic's needs and look forward to providing great products and support for many years to come!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Andrew, what other springs will fit? I was chatting with Sandy a while back, but he was unsure.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

First off, Sandy is a SHE, lol.
Any of the current big bore springs will fit. I have been using Losi springs and the PR springs on mine.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess I'm a bit confused....I thought hobby pro was the oem for team c?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:33 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder View Post
I guess I'm a bit confused....I thought hobby pro was the oem for team c?
Hobby Pro is the parent company for team c, Hobby Pro USA is a totally different company, distributors for Agama, Pr racing, Beta tires.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As someone who has watched this car run on track the last two weeks, it has a ton of potential. Car is really smooth and jumps very nice compared to the other cars in mod

The car accepts AE hex wheels front and rear

Car will accept any 12 mm big bore springs

This car is going to be a great alternative to the big names.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-Air View Post
As someone who has watched this car run on track the last two weeks, it has a ton of potential. Car is really smooth and jumps very nice compared to the other cars in mod

The car accepts AE hex wheels front and rear

Car will accept any 12 mm big bore springs

This car is going to be a great alternative to the big names.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service