Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Turf?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Clay takes the same amount of skill to be good. And at my track bald tires work great so I cant complain about worn tires.
Well 1 of the tracks I run on is like that...bald DDs and flip outs work awesome but the other has to be either DDs or goosbumps...And they wear off after like 5 races!!
Originally Posted by BlantonBx8
I run on 150X60ish dirt tracks and i must say everything gets dirty and theres alot of cleaning to be done the next day. this winter going to run the clay track that is indoor but until then i run very nice dirt tracks. love them.
well I don't have any problems cause my dirt don't stick....so I love it, bit I'm sure some of it does

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Turf?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

How do people feel about sugaring a dirt track?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by iThinman
How do people feel about sugaring a dirt track?
Well wouldn't that take away from the "dirt" driving, I mean the sugar would make it more biting wouldn't it?!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In AZ where the temps are over 100 in the summer. I prefer clay.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Race Everything
In AZ where the temps are over 100 in the summer. I prefer clay.
I would say so, like the water would prolly evaporate before it even got down on the track with the temps u guys got
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Prophet

During the summer time when its hot and humit its kind of pointless to keep on watering the track $$$ it just turns in to dust fast . The only thing you can do really is give it a really good soak once and let it soak in .
Old 04-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tc5 man
During the summer time when its hot and humit its kind of pointless to keep on watering the track $$$ it just turns in to dust fast . The only thing you can do really is give it a really good soak once and let it soak in .
Yeah it would be, I have well water so my back yard track is legit lol, but if u have a big public track then I'm sure it would take a lot more water than my small one does
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Yeah it would be, I have well water so my back yard track is legit lol, but if u have a big public track then I'm sure it would take a lot more water than my small one does
yeah, ecspecially when you have more than 2 cars running on it
Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Well wouldn't that take away from the "dirt" driving, I mean the sugar would make it more biting wouldn't it?!
Yes but in a more controlled environment. You can sugar a little or a lot depending on the desired bite. You can also sugar the face of steeper jumps and they will hold together longer. Kind of the best of both worlds.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlantonBx8
yeah, ecspecially when you have more than 2 cars running on it
Well there are 4 on minke lol....it's only 2 cars wide lol, so it's kinda like a rally track
Originally Posted by iThinman
Yes but in a more controlled environment. You can sugar a little or a lot depending on the desired bite. You can also sugar the face of steeper jumps and they will hold together longer. Kind of the best of both worlds.
Yes I guess it would be good, to hold the jumps together, I use carpet over a set of the doubles to keep em from being eaten off when u punch throttle to get over it!!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've raced both, and while I like "good ol' dirt," I like clay and I really appreciate the comparative lack of maintenance. I used to run dirt at a track called Ranch Pit Stop in So Cal, and it was a blast. Same for 1/8 offroad Nitro at KZ Speedway.

Now I run at OCRC or WCRC. I don't race as much; mostly I own too many cars and run them periodically, but I really think that clay offers a fun time with little maintenance.

Track owners can design different tracks with more variability then say, carpet, but I don't have to strip my car down after each weekend like with loose dirt.

I literally used to tear down my car after every trip to RPS or KZ to clean and lube the bearings, and remove all the dirt that would otherwise impede the suspension etc.

Each to their own. Frankly, what I really want is a track that's a 30 minute drive or less from where I live.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
I've raced both, and while I like "good ol' dirt," I like clay and I really appreciate the comparative lack of maintenance. I used to run dirt at a track called Ranch Pit Stop in So Cal, and it was a blast. Same for 1/8 offroad Nitro at KZ Speedway.

Now I run at OCRC or WCRC. I don't race as much; mostly I own too many cars and run them periodically, but I really think that clay offers a fun time with little maintenance.

Track owners can design different tracks with more variability then say, carpet, but I don't have to strip my car down after each weekend like with loose dirt.

I literally used to tear down my car after every trip to RPS or KZ to clean and lube the bearings, and remove all the dirt that would otherwise impede the suspension etc.

Each to their own. Frankly, what I really want is a track that's a 30 minute drive or less from where I live.
Well the dirt is somewhat different than clay that has been tamped and has a coating on it, but if the clay is outside then it's IMO worse than dirt..... cause there are 3 tracks within a 20 mile radius that I go to, and two of them are outside, and the one is inside, so the outside tracks have dust that is IMO worst than dirt, now the inside track is like concrete, and there is no dust whatsoever, and I am not exaggerating like bald tires are sticking to it like concrete.....so a track like that is better than dirt, but as far as fun goes it is more fun to run dirt than clay, but this is only my opinion, every one has their own preference and so forth, I use clay for some of the jumps on my dirt track, it's just like pure clay packed against the side of some 3" pipe to make a washboard effect but other than lil stuff like that, it's all dirt..."slippin and sliddin baby"
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The two outdoor tracks in Ocala are nothing to write home about, and are not good examples of most outdoor clay tracks. Attend a race at Shiverville, Go Hard Raceway, FZRC, Lake Park, Coral Springs, or Mills Pond and you will see the difference.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DanielC.
The two outdoor tracks in Ocala are nothing to write home about, and are not good examples of most outdoor clay tracks. Attend a race at Shiverville, Go Hard Raceway, FZRC, Lake Park, Coral Springs, or Mills Pond and you will see the difference.
Well I am not using tracks in Ocala as a example to all outside rc tracks, I'm sure there are other outside tracks that are somthing to "write home about", but I don't go to them, so I cannot use them as an example.,,,,just the tracks that I kno about are what I was taking about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.