Dead MM2?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dead MM2?

I was out bashing with my buggy today when all of a sudden it just stopped running. I went over to check what was up and found that I still had steering but just no throttle. However, when I applied throttle, the motor would attempt to spool up but ended up just twitching out, not having the juice to move anywhere. I'm certain it wasn't LVC or temp override kicking in. The motor does the same thing in forward and reverse. Also, when I plug in the battery, the esc beeps out the typical 4 beeps for 4s, but they are very quiet and not like they normally are.

Here are a few specs from the buggy:

- Jammin X2 buggy electric conversion
- Neu Castle Motor 2650kv and MM2 esc
- 2xThunder Power 2s 4300mah 35c lipos in series
- Traxxas 2.4 TQi radio system

Any help appreciated, thanks kindly!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Just an update after talking to Castle:

Apparently it is a known issue that some of the solder posts on the esc are either cold soldered or are coming off entirely causing the motor and esc to work intermittently. This would explain why after I played with the bullets to the esc, it started working again for a while. Apparently since the board is waterproofed with epoxy, it keeps the bullets against the board, even though there might be a broken connection.

Props to Castle though, they are sending out the esc to me now, free of charge. I will need to send the other one in obviously but I really appreciate the customer service on their part.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by fuzzyllama View Post
Just an update after talking to Castle:

Apparently it is a known issue that some of the solder posts on the esc are either cold soldered or are coming off entirely causing the motor and esc to work intermittently. This would explain why after I played with the bullets to the esc, it started working again for a while. Apparently since the board is waterproofed with epoxy, it keeps the bullets against the board, even though there might be a broken connection.

Props to Castle though, they are sending out the esc to me now, free of charge. I will need to send the other one in obviously but I really appreciate the customer service on their part.
Yes sireeethey are very great with their cc, I kno ppl that have had probs with their castle stuff and they resolved it within hours!! Props to them, even tho I don't run castle lol, my brother does tho, he has been bashing the casle 3800 he has for the last 2years and that darned thing keeps on goin haha