Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How long do you keep your tires ? >

How long do you keep your tires ?

How long do you keep your tires ?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am cheap and run mine until they no longer even have grip for practice. Then cut them of, save the closed cell foams and acetone the rims if they are still use full.

Lol oh yea i even go as far as putting tires/rims that dont work in the oven to save money . But i do make sure the used rim is not bent first of course but i just buy new tires with foams and reuse the rims.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Im still using some dds that i bought like a year ago haha
Old 04-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wish I had tracks near me that had the tire wear you guys speak of. A set of driven tires per race day , no matter where I go.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jsinclair View Post
I wish I had tracks near me that had the tire wear you guys speak of. A set of driven tires per race day , no matter where I go.

Yea most of the trucks ive been to outdoors in PA are mixed kind of dirt not pure clay so the wear is not terrible. I usually stay away from tracks with super high grip if i have a choice $$ .

I just dont feel its a good idea to think about building a track outdoors with pure clay .
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We have a new indoor track (clay) that could have went that way. But now to be on pace you have to sauce your tires in diesel..........
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jsinclair View Post
We have a new indoor track (clay) that could have went that way. But now to be on pace you have to sauce your tires in diesel..........

Well most indoor tracks use pure clay which makes sense but its easier to work with mixed dirt of course. Dam you have sauce the tires in Diesel ? I hate when some guys use that Buggy spray indoors and not use a little bit of water in it its just nasty to smell that all day gives you a bad headache !
Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Well most indoor tracks use pure clay which makes sense but its easier to work with mixed dirt of course. Dam you have sauce the tires in Diesel ? I hate when some guys use that Buggy spray indoors and not use a little bit of water in it its just nasty to smell that all day gives you a bad headache !
I race at an indoormtrack, and bald tires(any kind)will work well, and as for the smell ugh some ppl use some sort of adhesive and it's in a can like pipe glue, it gave me such a bad headache I had to leev 1 time