Tech Addict

1) replace bearings if they are worn
2) replace worn arms or hubs
3) tighten wheel nuts
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson
Are there any ex-Mugen drivers here? I am looking to try something different and I am thinking about the Losi. I enjoy the MBX7eco but want to know what to expect from the 8 3.0e.
Thanks,
E
I had the mbx7 eco all last winter season, and I did not like how it drove compared to the 3.0, it was sluggish in the corners, didn't have the corner speed of the losi. I feel the losi is just a better overall car for sure.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bivens
1) replace bearings if they are worn
2) replace worn arms or hubs
3) tighten wheel nuts

What are good bearing to go wit I'm bash and do speed runs wit my 2.0
my dives hats have play I'd that normal
also what 3.0 parts fit

Last edited by GRIMREAPER; 11-03-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Teckno traction clutch

I used the teckno traktion clutch in my losi 2.0t E on 4cell with teckno chassis all summer at local club races. Medium springs and had no problems with properly shimmed diffs all year. All stock esc setting and 7-10-5 oills would just pop the front end up after landing sometimes. With clutch, a lot less, have landed full throttle trying to correct nose down flying and never heard the dreaded crunching. Our outdoor track is rough with a lot of flat landing jumps so it's nothing smooth yet my drivetrain survived the season. All in all I would say a "professional" on a professional track probally wouldn't need it but for me, I wanted help my drivetrain survive without tearing down my diffs every race day and I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Follow up- the Eco power 4s 4100 lipo is awesome!! Good buy. The punch it has for just 35c makes me see that overall C rating is bogus. Ne ways quick question. I'm eyeing the SMC 3500 4s battery. Is that to little mah in a battery for 1/8 buggy?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InARush
Follow up- the Eco power 4s 4100 lipo is awesome!! Good buy. The punch it has for just 35c makes me see that overall C rating is bogus. Ne ways quick question. I'm eyeing the SMC 3500 4s battery. Is that to little mah in a battery for 1/8 buggy?
You should be able to pull out 10 min on that pack but not much more. I used to run my Venom 3800mah dual shorty pack setup and could run 10 min mains with it but almost no warm up. Just to give a refernece. Your driving style and motor and track conditions will all play a part in runtime but it can be done. (I run the Tekin T8i 1950KV motor and have since upgraded to Venom 4500mah 100C dual shorites).
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

For 4s ebuggy I tried Venom, EcoPower and Gens Ace. Gens Ace blew the others away and they were used while the others were new.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
For 4s ebuggy I tried Venom, EcoPower and Gens Ace. Gens Ace blew the others away and they were used while the others were new.
I'm sure they did but when you look at how lite the ecopower battery is the others don't compare. Since I'm racing I factor that in, very important.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InARush
I'm sure they did but when you look at how lite the ecopower battery is the others don't compare. Since I'm racing I factor that in, very important.
I like ecopower batteries as well. Makes the car light and nimble
Old 11-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thinking of picking up a losi 3.o

Hello I was thinking of picking up a losi buggy after struggling with a tekno eb48.2. The tekno was just too aggressive and I could not get it to handle for my driving style. I drove someone else's losi and liked it alot. I even drove a mugen,serpent, and few others and I like the losi the most. The mugen was handled just like the losi but I know more local people that drive a losi. I was wondering if I should bother with buying a new one or get one used I know the pros and cons of both but I don't know much about the new losi and its parts if they ware quick or not. Plus I'm not looking forward to putting a whole kit together again. Any help would be great on what parts I would need either way thanks
Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cheeks888
Hello I was thinking of picking up a losi buggy after struggling with a tekno eb48.2. The tekno was just too aggressive and I could not get it to handle for my driving style. I drove someone else's losi and liked it alot. I even drove a mugen,serpent, and few others and I like the losi the most. The mugen was handled just like the losi but I know more local people that drive a losi. I was wondering if I should bother with buying a new one or get one used I know the pros and cons of both but I don't know much about the new losi and its parts if they ware quick or not. Plus I'm not looking forward to putting a whole kit together again. Any help would be great on what parts I would need either way thanks

fwiw I always buy used, but I also enjoy the fix up work. the most common issue i find (with any make) are stripped plastics. most people won't sell you broken parts. baking soda+super glue fix usually works for little stripped plastic holes. IMO you don't need super fresh bearings/diffs/shocks to know if you like how the car handles.

EB4.2 is a great car. I would look at other factors that seem to make is "aggressive" before buying a different car (like motor power, gearing, over all setup maybe you can soften it up).
Old 11-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
fwiw I always buy used, but I also enjoy the fix up work. the most common issue i find (with any make) are stripped plastics. most people won't sell you broken parts. baking soda+super glue fix usually works for little stripped plastic holes. IMO you don't need super fresh bearings/diffs/shocks to know if you like how the car handles.

EB4.2 is a great car. I would look at other factors that seem to make is "aggressive" before buying a different car (like motor power, gearing, over all setup maybe you can soften it up).
I tried alot of different set ups I would get a little closer to it getting better but in the end still frustrated. I don't think it's a bad car at all but it needs a specific driving and it could take God knows how long to get it where I want it. Granted I still placed in the top 8 most weeks but I would be fighting the car every race. I'm curious about the baking soda super glue thing how does that work
Old 11-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cheeks888
are you looking for a trade? ive got a E3.0, can you send me photos of your eb48 and i'll exchange it withe photos of my e3.0, from there we can decide for a trade. my email is [email protected]
Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Ok guys, what are u actually braking on this guy? Just wanna make sure I'll have what I need if anything breaks.
Thanks guys
Merse
Old 11-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merse
Ok guys, what are u actually braking on this guy? Just wanna make sure I'll have what I need if anything breaks.
Thanks guys
Merse
Try to stock up front diff case and shims, front shock tower and front shock shaft. I have a head to head collision on the track with some guys going on the other way. But overall this badboy is really durable and fast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.