R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/721992-tlr-8ight-e-3-0-thread.html)

ChrisWolfson 06-09-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by kufman (Post 12238718)
Agreed, ditch the brace. The problem is also partially caused by the use of Losi's cheap plastic spacer that goes under the motor mount. I ditched that as well (had to grind the chassis for spur clearance) and I have never had a problem with the motor mount coming loose from the chassis. I don't even use locktite anymore. An alternative would be to build a spacer out of something that isn't so soft like aluminum or carbon. Without the spacer, a 42mm motor sits very close to the chassis. With the 2.0 and 3.0 chassis, the flex may cause the motor to hit the chassis and you will have the same problem as the brace caused.

I'm also not running the brace under the motor. I am using the plastic under the motor mount, however...

alport78 06-10-2013 10:36 AM

I used my losi 3.0 first time this weekend. It was easier to drive than my old converted EU. I used pretty much std setup with 35wt oil in both front and rear and pleased with it on a blown out med traction euro style track. What about your shock setups ?

XXXDad 06-10-2013 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by alport78 (Post 12242492)
I used my losi 3.0 first time this weekend. It was easier to drive than my old converted EU. I used pretty much std setup with 35wt oil in both front and rear and pleased with it on a blown out med traction euro style track. What about your shock setups ?

37.5 front 27.5 rear
I got hit from behind and bent a shock shaft.... sigh.... im up and going now.

goldy 06-14-2013 03:11 AM

Hey guys, I would like to ask a favour, does anybody know the weight of the car as a roller, and ready to race I just want to do a few comparisons with my 2.0 scte buggy

Cheers

ChrisWolfson 06-17-2013 05:40 PM

Sorry - don't have he weight.

JasonR/C 06-20-2013 08:59 AM

I sense a new 3.0 converted to electric in my future! Or today I should say. I'm pumped!

JasonR/C 06-21-2013 05:37 PM

Anyone know what spur pin setup is good? Just got the car and converted to electric. 1950kv motor, stock electric spur is 45T. I have a 15pin so far seems really fast. Tracks are hard packed dusty some times blown out and pretty long straight. What do u guys recommend

XXXDad 06-21-2013 08:20 PM

Your good

Originally Posted by JasonR/C (Post 12278079)
Anyone know what spur pin setup is good? Just got the car and converted to electric. 1950kv motor, stock electric spur is 45T. I have a 15pin so far seems really fast. Tracks are hard packed dusty some times blown out and pretty long straight. What do u guys recommend

Stay with that.

JasonR/C 06-22-2013 05:01 AM

OK thanks xxxdad. I have some nitro parts that came with the kit... I wonder if I could sell that stuff. I'll be racing car for the first time tomorrow. Anyone e have a good outdoor setup they would like to share? I just installed drake roar bats winning setup as a start. Same everything minus 7k center diff. I'm go name run 5-5-3. Tracks I run on are hard packed, with a decent dust layer on the outside of the groove. Very dry in the groove

XXXDad 06-22-2013 05:39 AM

Sell the nitro stuff

Originally Posted by JasonR/C (Post 12279145)
OK thanks xxxdad. I have some nitro parts that came with the kit... I wonder if I could sell that stuff. I'll be racing car for the first time tomorrow. Anyone e have a good outdoor setup they would like to share? I just installed drake roar bats winning setup as a start. Same everything minus 7k center diff. I'm go name run 5-5-3. Tracks I run on are hard packed, with a decent dust layer on the outside of the groove. Very dry in the groove

I got $110 for the nitro stuff...... Use the Drake setup and go.... Works great.

JasonR/C 06-22-2013 09:42 AM

What does that consist of. Meaning what parts did u post? And what was the thread name u used?

JasonR/C 06-24-2013 09:25 AM

Hey guys ran my new 3.0 yesterday and its pretty awesome, on a dry, dusty, bumpy, lots of jumps track, I noticed some front push on power and rear end swinging around on and off power with drake nats setup. Any tips? Or anyone have an outdoor setup they can share? Thanks!

bigbadbasher 06-24-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by JasonR/C (Post 12285173)
Hey guys ran my new 3.0 yesterday and its pretty awesome, on a dry, dusty, bumpy, lots of jumps track, I noticed some front push on power and rear end swinging around on and off power with drake nats setup. Any tips? Or anyone have an outdoor setup they can share? Thanks!

Start here, i know the 10 or 12 degree spindle gave me a lot more on power, if you do go with those, make sure you do the 11mm mod.

Edit, my attachment isnt showing up.

If your using Drakes 2013 nats, it's for a smooth indoor track, you need a good outdoor track setup to start with.

What are you running in your diffs?

JasonR/C 06-24-2013 10:50 AM

I'm running 5-5-3 and 37.5 front, 30 rear. Everything else is drakes exact setup. What's the 11mm mod?

JasonR/C 06-24-2013 09:10 PM

Nobody has any advice or outside setups for this car? Should I have bought a tekno? This thread is way to quiet.