Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What's going on with Acer racing???!!!??? >

What's going on with Acer racing???!!!???

What's going on with Acer racing???!!!???

Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default What's going on with Acer racing???!!!???

I placed an order for some titanium screws this past Monday and they still have not shipped from them? They are located in LA & I live about an hour & a half away from them. I've emailed them and haven't gotten a reply and I've called them and nobody picks up. Does anyone know if they went out of business? This is very frustrating, especially since they already have my money!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sup Pat! Sorry to hear about your issues with Acer. I've not had any problems in the past.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Suspended

First, you really haven't supplied enough information. Nobody is going to know their business or shipping practices, or if the item you ordered was in stock or not. Then companies typically receive hundreds of emails each day, and last I checked few can afford to have a dedicated person that does nothing but respond to emails. Then maybe the person that mans the phones got stuck with email duty, and you're #287 on the list and they haven't gotten to you yet either. Then just because you live nearby doesn't mean they give you priority order picking or packing/shipping preference, and I think you're jumping the gun a little bit too - you only placed your order Monday (which means it probably didn't even get looked at until Tuesday and today's only Thursday). Personally, I wouldn't have started to worry until next Monday. And I don't know what kind of shipping you paid for, so unless you paid for one of the premium services (UPS/FedEx next day air), USPS isn't known for updating their website consistently and you're going to feel embarrassed if the package is on your doorstep tomorrow or Monday.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I placed an order for some titanium screws this past Monday and they still have not shipped from them? They are located in LA & I live about an hour & a half away from them. I've emailed them and haven't gotten a reply and I've called them and nobody picks up. Does anyone know if they went out of business? This is very frustrating, especially since they already have my money!
I just received some screws from the today, and I received another order about 2 weeks ago so they're still around. email them, the order I received today was supposed to be included with my original order but were out of stock. They were going to hold my entire order till all the screws came in but I emailed them and asked to ship what was in stock now and the rest later.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Sup Pat! Sorry to hear about your issues with Acer. I've not had any problems in the past.
What's up Tony! Cool, I'm glad you haven't had issues with them. Lmk when you come down here for some racing! Hope all is well!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I just received some screws from the today, and I received another order about 2 weeks ago so they're still around. email them, the order I received today was supposed to be included with my original order but were out of stock. They were going to hold my entire order till all the screws came in but I emailed them and asked to ship what was in stock now and the rest later.
Thanks for the info Matt! I've emailed them which they say to do because it's faster if we have any questions, which i have but haven't heard any reply yet. I've called them multiple times today only to get an answering machine that only says "mail box full". I hope i can get through to them to find out some sort of info. How's the EB48 running?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pablo040
First, you really haven't supplied enough information. Nobody is going to know their business or shipping practices, or if the item you ordered was in stock or not. Then companies typically receive hundreds of emails each day, and last I checked few can afford to have a dedicated person that does nothing but respond to emails. Then maybe the person that mans the phones got stuck with email duty, and you're #287 on the list and they haven't gotten to you yet either. Then just because you live nearby doesn't mean they give you priority order picking or packing/shipping preference, and I think you're jumping the gun a little bit too - you only placed your order Monday (which means it probably didn't even get looked at until Tuesday and today's only Thursday). Personally, I wouldn't have started to worry until next Monday. And I don't know what kind of shipping you paid for, so unless you paid for one of the premium services (UPS/FedEx next day air), USPS isn't known for updating their website consistently and you're going to feel embarrassed if the package is on your doorstep tomorrow or Monday.
You have a pm.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Suspended

You have a pm.
That was titled "Who do you think you are?"

After starting with a personal attack, it went on to say, "I can tell you for a fact that I know the ACER employees ARE NOT sweating in a warehouse trying to get thousands of orders shipped...I'm positive that they are VERY LAZY as most employees are in the r/c industry. If they can not respond to an email or phone call that in itself is a sign of laziness...... .I'm starting to think that you might be the lazy bum working at ACER that doesn't want to do your job."

I was just trying to help a guy out by responding, that was either showing their impatience or couldn't understand any one of a number of possible hold-ups - and since they hadn't given much information in their initial post, other than to complain like some kind of newbie, I was merely trying to help them out and open their eyes to a possible explanation. For that I get kicked in the teeth with a rude PM.

** I hope whomever employs this guy, as he claims to have worked in the RC industry for 6 years, decides it's better for their business not to have an employee working for them that willingly attacks the practices of another company as well as a future or past customer.

Last edited by pablo040; 04-04-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

That was titled "Who do you think you are?"

After starting with a personal attack, it went on to say, "I can tell you for a fact that I know the ACER employees ARE NOT sweating in a warehouse trying to get thousands of orders shipped...I'm positive that they are VERY LAZY as most employees are in the r/c industry. If they can not respond to an email or phone call that in itself is a sign of laziness...... .I'm starting to think that you might be the lazy bum working at ACER that doesn't want to do your job."

I was just trying to help a guy out by responding, that was either showing their impatience or couldn't understand any one of a number of possible hold-ups - and since they hadn't given much information in their initial post, other than to complain like some kind of newbie, I was merely trying to help them out and open their eyes to a possible explanation. For that I get kicked in the teeth with a rude PM.

** I hope whomever employs this guy, as he claims to have worked in the RC industry for 6 years, decides it's better for their business not to have an employee working for them that willingly attacks the practices of another company as well as a future or past customer.
Yup, kicked in the teeth, you deserved it. You were not merely trying to help me with possibilities, you need to re-read your post...all you did was insinuate that I thought I should get special treatment since I live close by to the company and that the company must be just WAY too busy to answer a phone call or email.

So I sent you a PM to keep this between you and me and then like a little kid you post this up on the thread. All you needed to do is not say anything if you didn't have anything helpful or insightful to say, just like many other people did. So for next time, if you don't have anything HELPFUL to say, keep your thoughts in your head and move on tool.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

FWIW Pat is a really nice guy and to post up a PM between you and him is low class. If you have a problem take it to a moderator, don't air out dirty laundry here
Old 04-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Suspended

FWIW Pat is a really nice guy and to post up a PM between you and him is low class. If you have a problem take it to a moderator, don't air out dirty laundry here
FWIW not minding your own business is BELOW low class.
If he was actually a "really nice guy," then he wouldn't have chosen to be so rude and personally attack me.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Yup, kicked in the teeth, you deserved it. You were not merely trying to help me with possibilities, you need to re-read your post...all you did was insinuate that I thought I should get special treatment since I live close by to the company and that the company must be just WAY too busy to answer a phone call or email.

So I sent you a PM to keep this between you and me and then like a little kid you post this up on the thread. All you needed to do is not say anything if you didn't have anything helpful or insightful to say, just like many other people did. So for next time, if you don't have anything HELPFUL to say, keep your thoughts in your head and move on tool.
I thought it prudent that people in the industry know how you behave. You deserved being called out.
I was being helpful, and the fact that you refused to recognize it and instead chose to attack me just shows your immaturity. GROW UP!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

FWIW not minding your own business is BELOW low class.
If he was actually a "really nice guy," then he wouldn't have chosen to be so rude and personally attack me.
if you wanted to keep things private then you should of stuck to PM's but you already crossed that bridge
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

if you wanted to keep things private then you should of stuck to PM's but you already crossed that bridge
I never said any such a thing. He was the one that chose to make it personal. People should know what a swell guy he really is.
And unless he's 12, though he does act like it, I don't think he needs you playing like his daddy and sticking up for him.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

This thread is going nowhere, consider it closed.....

I never said any such a thing. He was the one that chose to make it personal. People should know what a swell guy he really is.
If you felt like the OP harassed/attacked you via pm then report him, its getting you nowhere bickering about it on here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.