Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Motor Recommendation For 10 Scale Buggy >

Motor Recommendation For 10 Scale Buggy

Motor Recommendation For 10 Scale Buggy

Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Motor Recommendation For 10 Scale Buggy

I am getting a 1/10 hot bodies cyclone d4 wce buggy soon. It is a roller and I need a motor and esc recomendation. I am looking to get a 13.5t brushless system but I do not know which one to get.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-ep-buggy.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...w-threads.html
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If your just getting in to racing get like a tekin rs and gen2 motor there pretty fast and good quality
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I don't know if you're aware of this but the mods can do their job without you....Unless you're a mod now??

For motor recommendation, are you planning on running the 1/8th scale size wheels that come w/the D4 or standard 10th scale buggy size? That is a big factor.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kcooper273
I don't know if you're aware of this but the mods can do their job without you....Unless you're a mod now??

For motor recommendation, are you planning on running the 1/8th scale size wheels that come w/the D4 or standard 10th scale buggy size? That is a big factor.
I don't know if you're aware, but replying to this guy (that did the same exact thing, a half dozen different threads, about another car, a couple of days ago, that did nothing but clog up the forum) is doing nothing but prompting him to keep repeating the same behavior.

As good forum members I always thought it prudent to help guide people to the right spot and teach them the rules of the road, instead of narcing to the mods (so their job isn't so hard) or allowing the forum turn to anarchy because we lacked cajones.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Originally Posted by austinspeer810
I am getting a 1/10 hot bodies cyclone d4 wce buggy soon. It is a roller and I need a motor and esc recomendation. I am looking to get a 13.5t brushless system but I do not know which one to get.
Get a Viper VTX10 and their 13.5 motor. Great combo.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcooper273

The D4 only runs normal 1/10 scale buggy rims and tires. Unless he got the car from you, and you did some ridiculously pointless modification.

As for the motor, a 13.5 is all you need. 4wd buggies are the hardest cars to keep going, and break really easily if you are not a good driver. If you are asking which motor to run, you are not a good enough driver to put any hp in that car. Also the car has been discontinued for quite some time. It is a great car in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, but for someone new to racing it is going to be too much. Check out the last 2 pages of the D4 thread to see someone in your same shoes.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
The D4 only runs normal 1/10 scale buggy rims and tires. Unless he got the car from you, and you did some ridiculously pointless modification.

As for the motor, a 13.5 is all you need. 4wd buggies are the hardest cars to keep going, and break really easily if you are not a good driver. If you are asking which motor to run, you are not a good enough driver to put any hp in that car. Also the car has been discontinued for quite some time. It is a great car in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing, but for someone new to racing it is going to be too much. Check out the last 2 pages of the D4 thread to see someone in your same shoes.
You are right, I was thinking of the Kyosho DBX, my bad...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
I don't know if you're aware, but replying to this guy (that did the same exact thing, a half dozen different threads, about another car, a couple of days ago, that did nothing but clog up the forum) is doing nothing but prompting him to keep repeating the same behavior.

As good forum members I always thought it prudent to help guide people to the right spot and teach them the rules of the road, instead of narcing to the mods (so their job isn't so hard) or allowing the forum turn to anarchy because we lacked cajones.
You've been overstepping a bit lately IMO. If you want to help somebody, give some help first... and THEN also remind them that there is already a thread for this-or-that, and it might be better for them to ask there instead...

No need to step into every new thread that is created, and post the same thing in each one.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
You've been overstepping a bit lately IMO. If you want to help somebody, give some help first... and THEN also remind them that there is already a thread for this-or-that, and it might be better for them to ask there instead...

No need to step into every new thread that is created, and post the same thing in each one.
+1

If you see someone breaking the rules report it, I understand you're trying to help by posting the links etc but its better to report it and let the mods/admins do our jobs.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
+1

If you see someone breaking the rules report it, I understand you're trying to help by posting the links etc but its better to report it and let the mods/admins do our jobs.
No problem, I thought you mods had better things to do than address a zillion complaints each day. It's way easier to just report them then to waste my time finding links to post and try to guide them to the proper thread.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by austinspeer810
I would suggest a D3.5-based 13.5's with a 12.5mm rotor (Maxzilla) - our version would be my first pick...lol
Tekin speedos are good, and I really like the new LRP Flow speedos (the Competition version is plenty for a 13.5 and saves you some $) LRP Flows have a better "feel" to me.

Give me a call at the shop M-F, 9-5 EST and I can get more in depth regarding brands, differences, etc; We also offer combo pricing to any racer who buys a motor/speedo combination. Saves you some $$$

518-452-0422
Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
No problem, I thought you mods had better things to do than address a zillion complaints each day. It's way easier to just report them then to waste my time finding links to post and try to guide them to the proper thread.
You have been here 2 months and half of your (~350) posts have nothing to do with RC. Stop trying to be an ass and enjoy the hobby and the community here.