Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Trying to get my bearing >

Trying to get my bearing

Trying to get my bearing

Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Trying to get my bearing

Trying to decide on getting acer or boca bearings I am a weekend warrior racer with a vorza/d8 and have been winning but just want a little upgrade please feel free to leave suggestions thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Both are very good. If you're just like most of us, not sure why you're pondering this question. Avid is also a great bearing at a super price.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you looking at getting ceramics? Ceramics are nice, but require alot of maintanence. Ceramics really arent needed for dirt offroad tho. Save the $90 and invest in tires or something. I like running Acer stuff myself.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Avid revolutions, $1. Boca & Acer are good but more money and the revolutions metal seal ran on the inside is money... best idea I've seen in bearings ever (cuz there's not much that's revolutionary in bearing design that can be changed ).
I clean once and then toss. At $1 per you don't have to squeeze your money out of them... just get new ones
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You should also check out the bearings from Advantage Racing Products (http://www.advantageracingproducts.c...ts/default.asp). Top quality that won't break the bank!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

All I run is Avid bearings. Great bearings at a great price. I really see no point in spending the extra on acer or boca. And ceramic are a absolute waist in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've run acer and boca. Would just buy avid for off road. You won't tell much difference and they do take a lot of maintenance. They are stronger and lighter though. I would use them in my motor for sure. I think boca offers the highest quality ceramic bearing available. They are also the most expensive.