R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default RC in IRAQ

Hi everyone. I am a soldier on rotation in Iaq with Operation Iraqi Freedom OIF3. I am just one of a growing group of soldiers interested enough in RC racing and bashing that we have purchased our own stadium trucks. We have built an off/on road track and are in the process of developing a league with point standings. The one thing holding back our league is broken cars and the inability to access parts. I know there are lots of racers on this forum and I'm asking for your help. Those of us that currently have cars would like to get more troops interested in RC as a hobby, but most are unsure if they want to make the investment. Many of you racers have extra parts, old cars, and other things laying around that you don't use. Would you be willing to donate those items/products to troops in Iraq to futher your hobby? There is a program called Operation RC for Troops http://www.rcfortroops.com/[/URL] based out of Anaconda, Iraq. My group is working with the group at Anaconda to form Falcon RC. I anyone is interested in helping us from Falcon RC please reply so we can get this off the ground.
Scott
scottmattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

i might have some spare parts that came off of my tmaxx
sho .21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the offer. We have nothing now so anything will help. PM me so I can get you the shipping info.

Anyone else that is interested- we,those that have RC trucks now, are looking to get new people interested in the hobby. Anything you have laying around would be helpful.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to smaxxman

How is a TRX 2.5 motor?...great condition, brand new
smaxxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Unfortunately we have not figured out how to get glow fuel shipped to us. It is considered Hazmat and the USPS will not air ship it. Also Iraq is not quite the budding RC country. They still don't have electricty for 24 hrs a day. You never know, we may be able to find a way to acquire glow fuel. The offer is greatly appreciated. PM so I can get you an address.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #6
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I wonder if any of the manufacturers in the USA like LOSI and AE would be willing to work on donating parts?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

That is a good question. Maybe some of the sponsored drivers on this site could talkto their sponsors and find out if it is a possibility. Being this far from the manufacturers it is hard for me to find out. Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #8
Tech Legend

No problem and thank you for serving!

I will write AE on there forum and see what they say.

How easy is it to get stuff from say Korea over there?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

I wonder if Mr. Waldron could talk to Losi since he is a team driver stud. I unfortunately would not know how to approach a manufacturer for help, and I don't have an "in".

Depends on what you "from Korea". If you mean getting things shipped here from Korea I don't know. Probably similar to getting things shipped from the States but likely a longer shipping time. If you mean Korean made products already in Iraq, it can be done if it is here. LG is huge in Iraq. We buy stuff off the economy all the time and have a few Iraqis that will purchase stuff also. Send me a PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182

this is a great idea. i know when i go on my cruises(im in the navy) that i go nuts without my rc's. i will be goin out to the gulf for my 3rd time this fall. this time i got a mini-t to bring and goin to get a boat for when we are underway. i wish i could send some stuff to u guys but i dont have any extra truck parts since i just sold my stuff and my xxxt is brand new just got yesterday. ill help spread the word for u guys though, and keep an eye out for stuff.

has anyone gone to team losi, ae, or any other companies yet to ask for stuff? i would ask email them if no one has yet. also maybe here in the states there could be like a fun raiser or something to promote this. there are alot of troops still over there so a few boxes of trucks aint going to help any. lmk what i can do to help.

Last edited by hurley081182; 05-12-2005 at 02:47 PM.
hurley081182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #11
Tech Legend

I sent Associated a message about this and I will also send my sponsor a message about this as well.

I wonder if a news organization would report on this to bump up interest in general to get our troops donations towards hobbies, etc?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182

i will email the news stations in this area. all you see in this area on cars is the little yellow magnetic that says "support your troops." this is a big military town we have every branch of the military here from army, coast guard, navy, and marines here. i am sure if this gets out there will be alot of people who will donate.

is there any video or pictures of the area you guys are driving your rc's in and of them? if so could u send to me at [email protected]