Wiki Posts
Search

Tresrey customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tresrey customer service

Just want to post up a quick post on my experience with Tresreys customer service.
Little background first.
I picked up a used rango DEX410 v3 loaded with a bunch of the red stuff on it. Diff hoops, hex’s, spacers, hinge pins, shock collars. Buggy was nearly new when I got it and I have put maybe 4 days on it.

I went to my local track LRH with my 410 , sc 10 4x and my 8ight, decided I wanted to run the 410 first and a half lap of just rolling the jumps and going slow into it I have a front wheel drive 410. I pull it in and take a look and the rear cvd shaft is not engaged to slipper unit. Hmm that’s odd and when I take a closer look , I realize the tresray alum read diff hoop support has broken at the base of the hoop where it attaches to the base mount part and has let the diff twist out of alignment and has pulled the cvd out of the slipper unit. Totally confused as I had just tore down car and did not notice anything wrong with the hoop when it was apart and cleaned. Slap and og plastic unit in and enjoy the night running my 3 rides without a issue. I got home that eve and took a closer look at the part and when viewed under a magnifying glass there were pot holes in the metal. So was just a bad piece of alum stock they had gotten.

I call tresrey the next day to see what they think about the breakage. I am fooled when they answer phone as 606 cycles or something other than tresrey. I explain what happened, they are truly concerned with the issue , ask me where it broke , what happened and listen to me when I explain the events. They inform me they have had only 1 other break and it was on a desc410 that had been beaten on hard for a year. They did not argue and say I must have crashed or blamed anything else; they were just concerned about the performance of their parts. It was Friday around 4pm cali time when I called and they assured me they would send out a new part and were very bummed and apologetic that it would possibly not ship the same day as the mail had already been picked up. They did not hound me to send in the busted part to see and then send me out a new unit which would have taken weeks. Nope just said sorry over and over and bummed that they could not get it out the same day. I got my part in a couple of days as they somehow got it out on Friday sent usps first class mail. Brand new part and a couple sheets of stickers.

THIS IS THE TRUE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT, THESE GUYS WERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE FAILURE OF THEIR PRODUCT AND HOW THEY WERE GOING TO GET THEIR CUSTOMER TAKEN CARE OF QUICK. NO FINGER POINTING AT DRIVER ERRROR AND HOW THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE BREAK , NO SEND PART IN WITH 2 PROOF OF PURCHASE, JUST SORRY AND BUMMED WE CANT GET YOU A NEW ONE IN THE MAIL TODAY .

TRESREY YOU ROCK, I AM A CUSTOMER OF THE RED FOR LIFE AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO PURCHASE AND PROMOTE YOUR GREAT PRODUCTS AND EVEN GREATER CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!

THANKS

Old & Slow

Jaime
Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's great customer service! In an industry that often lacks it. I don't even want to call it customer service, that doesn't do it justice. That's straight customer care! Good on you Tresrey and good job getting the word out Old & Slow, I've never heard of them, but now seeing how they treated and took care of you, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
~Scott
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

606 Cycles or whoever they are, are the US importers of the Tresrey line. I've ordered a couple items from them with no problem
Old 03-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

It's 303 Cycles (located in Denver hence "303") and yes David is awesome! used to drive for him.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

It's really good to hear that there is companys like this and care about there customers and stand behind there product because they believe in what they sell. Unlike many Rc company's *cough cough brushless hobbies.com*

Last edited by TurboTim; 03-15-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Premium products with premium service, that's what it's all about! You'd be hard pressed to find a more dedicated guy than David (Konich here on the forums), and we're fortunate to have his support for my brother Cush who has been with Tresrey since they started here in the states. Stories like this just make it even better, thanks for sharing.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jamie,
First off I want to thank you for being a model customer. You called and didn't rant and rave about the part breaking, instead you talked me through your situation with a level head. Tresrey parts are high end and aren't the cheapest, but we stand behind them 100% and beleive the quality and customer support are high end as well.
If ANYONE has any problem with a product of ours please call and talk it over with us. We can often get your problem resolved in a couple minutes and a new part in your hand within days.

Again thanks to everyone for their support of Tresrey/Yaiba racing and we truly care about our customers!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Jamie,
First off I want to thank you for being a model customer. You called and didn't rant and rave about the part breaking, instead you talked me through your situation with a level head. Tresrey parts are high end and aren't the cheapest, but we stand behind them 100% and beleive the quality and customer support are high end as well.
If ANYONE has any problem with a product of ours please call and talk it over with us. We can often get your problem resolved in a couple minutes and a new part in your hand within days.

Again thanks to everyone for their support of Tresrey/Yaiba racing and we truly care about our customers!

+1
I'm very happy to hear see you stand behind your products because you confident in your products... There is always going to be few that come out bad from a batch it's just bound to happen but it's how you deal with it that brings business back by word of mouth... It's how a company deals with those few that get through that make ppl very happy. People will topically tell 3 people about good business and when ppl are unhappy it's more like 11 they will tell.

Keep up the good work I love seeing stuff like this it restores my faith in people integrity.