Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC Cars & Memories >

RC Cars & Memories

RC Cars & Memories

Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile RC Cars & Memories

I got involved in the RC hobby a couple years ago when my brother showed me how scale-looking RC cars are to the real thing. Our family grew up around off-road racing in the Midwest, and he was a full-scale Unlimited Class 1 Pro Buggy driver at a younger age in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Our early childhood memories are of the great weekends we would have as a family going to the races to watch our Dad drive in a variety of classes in the '70's and '80s.

Going through some old family photos a couple weeks ago, I ran across some shots of our Dad's old Class 5 Baja Bug. It got me thinking that it would be really cool to make a replica of that car using my Associated SC10B. With just a couple mods and a new body with some scale detail, I got it done.

Once I finished I thought it would be cool to shoot a video that incorporates a few photos of the old yellow #580 Class 5 and some action of the RC replica. Had a great time making it. Take a look if you get a chance. (have to watch it on computer and not mobile devices due)

http://bmillerracing.com/rc-cars-memories/