Least parachuting SC body

Least parachuting SC body

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
You haven't heard of that mod?
That's the Mad Max Thunder Dome mod

If you've seen a video of Billy wheeling his Mugen going for transition launches across lanes you'd understand why he was thinking of doing that
Wait till I finally get some video up of me driving the truggy...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Team Tekin

You need to put vents in the hood and bottom of the windsheild, swiss-cheesing the back section like I see so many do just allows the back of the truck to fall faster while the hood and roof are trapping a bunch of air.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
You need to put vents in the hood and bottom of the windsheild, swiss-cheesing the back section like I see so many do just allows the back of the truck to fall faster while the hood and roof are trapping a bunch of air.
Don't tell them that... It's always funny to watch those trucks jump
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
You win the vent contest
that's the body that's been abused for almost a year, with multiple holes fitting different chassis.
In the end, I just cut out the flat bits to reinforce other bodies. Amazingly, it's still usable.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thinking of making some of these for my rango 210. Think it will help? http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5504-...ght-whardware/
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ae4ever
Thinking of making some of these for my rango 210. Think it will help? http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5504-...ght-whardware/
Perhaps a little, but not much.
There's just too much other areas of the body that's not sealed off, and can't be sealed off, where air will still get in.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The biggest help I got was opening the side windows. I agree, that opening a bunch of holes in back just lets the rear drop "unnaturally". I cut a vent in the rear of the original FT SC10 body that came with my truck, years later trying to tame the rear when at speed. I never really had flight issues, as I generally let off the throttle or tapped the brakes as it crested a jump. But with the new opening out back, it def drops the tail more.

We recently had a layout change. There's a cross over that is essentially a 3 foot drop off. The first race day, we had a stiff breeze in precisely the worst direction. Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mex...PscYOrsPz8x-lw

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is all of you guy's prefered method for cutting out vent holes? Dremel, exacto knife, drill? Also, i just picked up a jc hi-flow today and i was wondering if somebody could post the way they cut their's out. I'd like a good balance of durabilty, but not too much parachuting.

Ps, thanks ty for the tip about even venting front to rear. Never thought about that.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Ty
Please explain how vents in the windshield help-I see it and scratch my old bald head. Thinking out loud... seems to me it would take downforce off the front of the truck and in order for them to actually vent the truck while airborne it would have to be rear bumper almost perpindicular to the ground... at that point I don't think RM could pull the nose back down. I thought people were doing it for cooling. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Lance
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
does my super high flow body count? XD

A convertible SC truck!