R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default first time nitro player...

hi guys been playing with my RC10 GT
for the past few days and been wondering should i just get a faster car? or can i soup it up anyway know any cheap below $100 part that can make the rc10 gt a bit faster at first it seems fast but now it feels slow...

Please dont be harsh i jsut got in to this sport
NightsPon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

good thing about 1/10 scale trucks is that getting a good small block engine is pretty cheap. Get a os cvr or something similar it should haul pretty good.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thunder Tiger

I have one and almost everyone at my local track that runs 1/10 truck and we all love them.
bmanracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Different clutch bells or spur gears.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:15 AM   #5
xax
Tech Apprentice

Default Engine tuning

Hi got a hyper pro wif engine but the engine die off when i full throttle. i follow the guide by turning the low speed n high speed needle flush with the sleeve but can't get the idline as the engine keep stalling. So i turn the low speed needle 4 /5 turn in n the engine manage to idle but can't full throttle can anyone help.Thanks
xax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

about the os cvr engine about how much in spped increase would i see?....

and how much $$$ am looking at here
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

XAX, the guide is just a guide. You can't set the needles by it. It will get you to a basic setting that will start your motor, hopefully. Then you have to tune from there to the outdoor conditions you are running in. When tuning, tune the high speed needle first, then the low speed, then the idle. You may need to tune the idle and low speed a bit at first just to make it run well enough to tune. But they will need redone after tuning the high speed. If you've got it to idle now, start tuning the high speed needle. Probably need to lean it out since you can't get full throttle. But possible it's to lean and starving also.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
Tech Elite

The cvr is a fast motor i know most guys that race them can flip them over backwards at will. I think the cv-r is going for around 150.00 but im not positive.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #9
Tech Rookie

isnt that block engine to heavy for my rc10 like to much power and stuff that it will just tear it apart? or can it handle it?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Its the same size engine your probably runing now. its a .12 you may have a .15 but most of the racing small blocks will kill a rtr motor.Your GT tranny is tough it'll handle anything you throw at it. Unlike the losi.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to NuckingFutz Send a message via Yahoo to NuckingFutz

im running a v12 in my FTRC10GT but thats a lil costly i agree with the choice of a cvr(not the block head one...its shaped like a square and has 45 degree fins) standard head...from what i understand the black head comes right off the line to the consumer and the blue head is inspected by some one before it is shipped to the consumer..i personelly own 6 O.S. engines and im really happy with them.

or try tightening the slipper a lil more maybe you need new pads for the spur?...have you checked to see if the clutch is worn?is the clutch bell glazed(carbon like film on the inside) clean the clutchbell with some fine grain sandpaper just enough to give it a better grip on the shoes...check and see if your bearings are free from dirt/rust...is your gear mesh set properly?(you can use a peice of paper or the plastic from a part that you purchased...slide it between the gears and slide the motor to the spur and tighten the motor..then spin the spur to roll the paper/plastic out and see if the mesh is set right...should be a lil slop"very lil" but not alot) all these things can rob your once fast truck of power

Last edited by NuckingFutz; 05-03-2005 at 08:59 PM.
NuckingFutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

yes i bought it at a shop and he tuned it for me and taught me to how to use it and stuff. but it jsut seems a little slow so am looking to make it faster all try to get that o.s. cvr does anyone evne know the stock speed of the rc10gt and will know how much kick it will after the o.s. cvr?

p.s. i must beat my friends goped
Old 05-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to NuckingFutz Send a message via Yahoo to NuckingFutz

hows the compression? if ya have alot of compression then the motor is fine ..which means you can gear it up for more top end this sacrafices the torque but top speed will improve
NuckingFutz is offline   Reply With Quote