Wiki Posts
Search

Transponder Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Transponder Problems

I was racing on a track I haven't been to in a while and had problems with 2 different transponders in 2 different cars. One was an Amb and the other was an Mrt... The Amb was able to check in but only counted 2 laps. The mrt wouldn't check in at all. I had a 3rd that worked good all night. I have never had an issue with either transponder before and have used for years. Is it likely just the track? Maybe loop is too deep? Seems weird both would go bad the same night. By the way, both were getting power as the lights were lit up.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hit

Hello,

Check the strength of your hits in the software.
Ask if they done some maintenance and reburied the loop.

Hans
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
I was racing on a track I haven't been to in a while and had problems with 2 different transponders in 2 different cars. One was an Amb and the other was an Mrt... The Amb was able to check in but only counted 2 laps. The mrt wouldn't check in at all. I had a 3rd that worked good all night. I have never had an issue with either transponder before and have used for years. Is it likely just the track? Maybe loop is too deep? Seems weird both would go bad the same night. By the way, both were getting power as the lights were lit up.
If your track has upgrade their decoder to RC4 firmware, you won't be able to use the MRT transponder. It should be able to detect the AMB transponder though.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
If your track has upgrade their decoder to RC4 firmware, you won't be able to use the MRT transponder. It should be able to detect the AMB transponder though.
That's what I was thinking, but the RD said mrt should work. I'm going to go to a different track this week and see if they work there.