R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Trinity sues ROAR! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/708722-trinity-sues-roar.html)

Andy63 02-27-2013 03:08 AM

Trinity sues ROAR!

Wow, didnt know it will take this path!

It is with great regret that I must inform the racing community that lawsuits have been filed against ROAR this morning the 26th day of February 2013 in the State of Florida. Case CA1397616W and ROAR and Plaintiffs to appear before Judge Dickey for resolution. A class action suit pending involving TrinCorp, EAM Fantom Motors and Putnam Propulsion is now in place with the Court system and will have to be defended.

We as a group have done everything in our power to negotiate with ROAR asking for a time period for new specifications using this new protocol testing to allow time for manufacturers and consumers to adjust to their new protocol yet using the same vague rules but we were denied! Our goals are to protect our good names and our customer base from purchasing new motors for a season that has not ended due to the precocious and what we feel irresponsible behavior of ROAR to change the testing protocol which has been used for over 30 years, terminate both independent labs, keep a rule with no maximum tolerance listed in the rule and be arrogant enough to still leave it as is have left us no alternative at all than to allow a fair and equitable court system to decide the fate of all involved with the D3.5 17.5 its customers both National and International and its race organizers and promoters.

We look forward to a reasonable and quick decision by the Court so we can all get back to enjoy racing the way it should be. We also hope that the Executive Committee of ROAR can see and understand the misfortunes of this case and the wrongful action by a select few of their own and rectify this situation as quickly as possible to restore the independent and equitable atmosphere ROAR should exhibit to all its members and affiliates will ultimately restore the confidence again to the buying public. It is obvious that ROAR holds a great responsibility not only in rule making but also in confidence for consumers to purchase products on their approval which is why rescinding an approval after 10 months (when there was no change in the motor) for the personal gain of some of its directors and or manufacturers they are aligned makes the action of ROAR so profound and must be heard in a court of law!

By Provetti
Source: www.andrefossto.wordpress.com

sickpuppy1 02-27-2013 03:52 AM

Good for them!

Ed237 02-27-2013 05:03 AM

This is horrible news. Trinity and ROAR are going to spend thousands of dollars they don't have to resolve a dispute that they should have negotiated between themselves.

I hope they both lose big.

Oh wait, they already did when they decided to hire attorneys to represent their interests because they're incapable or unwilling to do it themselves.

The complaint wont make racing better or more affordable for the average guy.

RC*PHREAK 02-27-2013 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ed237 (Post 11868342)
This is horrible news. Trinity and ROAR are going to spend thousands of dollars they don't have to resolve a dispute that they should have negotiated between themselves.

I hope they both lose big.

Oh wait, they already did when they decided to hire attorneys to represent their interests because they're incapable or unwilling to do it themselves.

The complaint wont make racing better or more affordable for the average guy.

Exactly. The only winners here will be the lawyers.

SOuthernFRIED 02-27-2013 05:23 AM

Like overgrown kids on the playground:o

Ruger357 02-27-2013 05:23 AM

Hopefully, they will reach a settlement before the blow too much time and money in a legal battle.

XXXDad 02-27-2013 05:24 AM

Make all clases MOD.... end of story.

Sigh..... sad for the RC world

8ight-e 02-27-2013 05:25 AM

ROAR needed a little kick, good for them... too big for the britches as the saying goes.

koopesv 02-27-2013 05:28 AM

If Trinity spends too much money in court they are gonna raise there prices to make up for the lost:nod:

Wildcat1971 02-27-2013 05:40 AM

lol, who cares if they raise their prices, assuming the cost increase does not bleed over into the other motor manufactures. Shuurspeed, reedy and others make great motors. This is only bad all around for trinity, dumb move imo.

theproffesor 02-27-2013 05:41 AM

I agree with making all classes mod/open. When it comes to "stock" racing that almost impossible with todays technology. besides how fair is stock when i show up with one motor an the guy in the pits next to me has 10 that he has dynoed. Three classes are all thats needed. novice sportsman and pro. Most indoor track a boosted 17.5 or 13.5 is all that is needed anyway. a good driver will know the motor he needs.

but needless to say the way roar handled the situation was wrong by approving then dissaproving a motor. under the current rules we must all live by trinity should sue for loss of sales. actaully the end users should file a class action suit against roar. They are trully the ones who lost in this.

Eaglesrx 02-27-2013 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by theproffesor (Post 11868457)
I agree with making all classes mod/open. When it comes to "stock" racing that almost impossible with todays technology. besides how fair is stock when i show up with one motor an the guy in the pits next to me has 10 that he has dynoed. Three classes are all thats needed. novice sportsman and pro. Most indoor track a boosted 17.5 or 13.5 is all that is needed anyway. a good driver will know the motor he needs.

but needless to say the way roar handled the situation was wrong by approving then dissaproving a motor. under the current rules we must all live by trinity should sue for loss of sales. actaully the end users should file a class action suit against roar. They are trully the ones who lost in this.

+1

billjacobs 02-27-2013 06:12 AM

TRINITY SUES TO DEFEND THEIR GOOD NAME AND INTEGRITY

Trinity, the hucksters of rc, who tried to stop brushless motors from being adopted, and who later released defective motors and blamed the racers, are crying foul. Trinity says it only wants to restore their good name. All I can say is good luck to them, while I cry in my soup at this gross injustice.

At least trinity can always use their good will to increase the price of their motors and batteries to cover the lawyers. Oh wait......

I think trinity should create their own organization -> troar, with Ernie as the king (I mean leader.) That would make it simpler to approve only rev-tech and trinity products, which would be a win-win for everyone.

Andy63 02-27-2013 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by theproffesor (Post 11868457)

+1

BashemSmashem 02-27-2013 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by billjacobs (Post 11868549)
Trinity, the hucksters of rc, who tried to stop brushless motors from being adopted, and who later released defective motors and blamed the racers, are crying foul. Trinity says it only wants to restore their good name. All I can say is good luck to them, while I cry in my soup at this gross injustice.

At least trinity can always use their good will to increase the price of their motors and batteries to cover the lawyers. Oh wait......

I think trinity should create their own organization -> troar, with Ernie as the king (I mean leader.) That would make it simpler to approve only rev-tech and trinity products, which would be a win-win for everyone.

+10000 ! Trinity SUCKS!