Wiki Posts
Search

Storing Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Storing Cars?

So I am putting my cars in a long term store (3-4 months) and I was wondering with the electronics should i remove them? Because I am putting them in a storage room that is fairly cold and I dont want them to get condensation or something and ruin them..

In the cars I have servos, receivers, motors, and batteries, is that all fine or should i remove them?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

If you have any doubt, take them out....I would
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
So I am putting my cars in a long term store (3-4 months) and I was wondering with the electronics should i remove them? Because I am putting them in a storage room that is fairly cold and I dont want them to get condensation or something and ruin them..

In the cars I have servos, receivers, motors, and batteries, is that all fine or should i remove them?
remove it.....
dont take any risk......
and stored it in closed box
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Ziplock bag the tires. Keep your batteries in a climate controlled room at storage voltage. Past that they should be fine. Unless you are storing them outdoors or live an extremely humid environment you shouldn't need to worry about condensation.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Other than normal storage of your batteries I wouldn't worry about anything.
Condensation would only be a worry if the humidity was very high and you took them from cold to hot. From a 50 degree storage shed to the garage for a day then the house, no problem. Under a tarp in the rain? You will have problems.
Many times Iv'e pulled cars out from months or even years of storage and after normalizing in the house for a coupe days while I prep them never had an issue.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)

make sure you dont store the vehicle with weight on the tires. either remove the tires or support the chassis. Otherwise, you will come back to nice flat spots.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Store it with desiccant and you should have zero problems with your electronics. Should be able to find it for cheap at most Army/Navy stores
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Bradford
Store it with desiccant and you should have zero problems with your electronics. Should be able to find it for cheap at most Army/Navy stores
That is those little packet of crystals that come with some electronics, Save them when you get them and reuse them, they don't degrade. I would definitely use them when expecting a dramatic change in humidity.