Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP.. imma noob!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation HELP.. imma noob!!

i want to start out with this hobbie.. it looks awsome... i dont hame a car and i need recomendations as too a good car under $300.. i was thinking a rc10gt.. am i correct?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...300&type=store

this is one of the nitros i got. its AWESOME.

that website gives u points when u buy stuff (the more expensive, the more points u get), and u can use those points to bring the price down some, so u will probably end up spending less than what its advertised if u use those points.

i remeber i almost bought an rc10gt once, but i went for the buggy instead.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Your new, and want to spend 300 bux. You can get a GT ready to run for 270 at Tower Hobbies A big buggy like that would be nice, and fun. But they have a ton more parts to keep in working order. That buggy above I didn't check, but can you get all the parts for it at the link above? I've seen other cars being sold at low prices that you couldn't even find where to get parts. The GT is reliable, very durable, and also very easy to work on.

Really depends on what you are planning on doing with it though. Do you eventually want to race? Or don't ever plan to and just want to bash around? Do you have friends to do that with? What do they run? It's nice to have the same brand as the guys you run with so you can swap parts. If you're planning on running in grass or super rough stuff, maybe a monster truck would be better. They can go through anything pretty much. But again, they are harder to work on. And have many more parts.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes, that website does sell parts for it, but any parts they do not have i just have my hobby store order becasue they have no trouble whatsoever finding parts for it.

its also proven itself to be very durable so far
Old 05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

That's cool. I've never seen one before. Good price.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jbrow1
That's cool. I've never seen one before. Good price.
ya, its really fun.

the only thing i dislike about it is it guzzles gas. now, i dont know if all .21's are like that, but holy crap. oh well, its worth it
Old 05-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Just raced my 1/8 scale with a .21 today for the first time. That thing drank gas like it was a bottle of pop. But it's just freshly broken in, and not leaned all the way out yet either. But those things make some crazy power for sure!!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jbrow1
But those things make some crazy power for sure!!
lol!

when i first ran my buggy, i was used to my tmaxx which only has a .15 (2.5), and i ran the buggy and i was amazed. lol
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I've raced a GT before the buggy. Still do. It's got a ton of power also, that you gotta be careful how you use it. But it's not got the pure brute power of the big blocks. I was amazed at how such a heavy car can accelerate and fly through the air so effortlessly.

Today the track was a mud pack in the morning. My buggy got so caked that you couldn't see the tires or paint. When I set it down the clay mud was so heavy the suspension bottomed out just from the weight of the buggy + clay. I'll never run in anything like that again. Had to take a hose and jet spray the whole buggy off. Stupid, but live and learn. She raced great after that and the track dried up.