E-Truggy!  Mechanical or motor brakes? >

E-Truggy! Mechanical or motor brakes?

E-Truggy! Mechanical or motor brakes?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury View Post
its like the current control limted what tekin got on there rx8
Youd use the servo to engage the brakes on the car rather than the motor stalling to apply the brakes. Using the motor to apply brakes can pull huge amp loads, the servo doesnt pull many at all. When you push back on the trigger, the motor just freewheels.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I love mech brake my rc8 with v3 kit but I want to put mech brake on rc8t v4 kit and I want to know what good servo for mech brake ?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
I would always go mechanical brakes. Just love the feel of it on my nitro car. Brakes make an important part of the driving experience for me. And since you can tune them to the nth degree with mech brakes I would prefer that. Motor brakes are essentially slamming 3 shorted coils on the rotor which eventually will weaken it. Lot easier to replace a steel disc and pads than a rotor.
+100 I love my V4 kit on my 2.0. Its balanced better and i get way less heat. Plus i'm not into the hobby to beat the crap out of my electric motors.

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Youd use the servo to engage the brakes on the car rather than the motor stalling to apply the brakes. Using the motor to apply brakes can pull huge amp loads, the servo doesnt pull many at all. When you push back on the trigger, the motor just freewheels.
yep

Originally Posted by taztal3 View Post
I love mech brake my rc8 with v3 kit but I want to put mech brake on rc8t v4 kit and I want to know what good servo for mech brake ?
honestly when I was bulding my 8t 2.0 V4 kit; i happened to have an old spare Traxxas 2075 laying around. I have been amazed how well this servo has been doing....it has plenty of torque and u can get them for cheap...i have seen them for as low as $27
Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how many A-main pros run mechanical ?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
How many pros have to stretch their hobby budget? Motors/ESC don't last very long if you're constantly running that at max temp.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
How many pros have to stretch their hobby budget? Motors/ESC don't last very long if you're constantly running that at max temp.
it was a legitimate question.
guys come up with ideas, or think it "sounds" like the best idea ever, but those ideas seldom transition to the track or making the A-main.

many have this idea that the pros have a unlimited quantity of ESCs for them to burn up as they please, and that's just not the case. if they're burning them up, they're going to get questioned by the manufacturers like anyone else.

the other thing most of us weekend warriors don't realize is that pros probably run, including practice, 10-15 times (or more) than we do.
so if they we're burning up ESCs just from running, then it makes sense they'd be using mechanical brakes if it made any sense.
since they're not, it kinda shoots your theories full of holes.