Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Come on Tekno R/C Give us a E-Truggy! >

Come on Tekno R/C Give us a E-Truggy!

Come on Tekno R/C Give us a E-Truggy!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I guess turn-outs are regional, because we have pretty good E-truggy turn-outs at my two favorite local tracks. The closest track always has one full heat of 6-8 every week. The other track that is a little further away will sometimes have two full heats of E-truggy. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Nitro truggy. E-truggy is still growing in popularity around us as well. The three big outdoor classes for us seems to be E-scale, E-truggy and 4x4 SC. E-truggy on a big track is a mind blowing blast I can't believe that class hasn't totally exploded yet.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
I guess turn-outs are regional, because we have pretty good E-truggy turn-outs at my two favorite local tracks. The closest track always has one full heat of 6-8 every week. The other track that is a little further away will sometimes have two full heats of E-truggy. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Nitro truggy. E-truggy is still growing in popularity around us as well. The three big outdoor classes for us seems to be E-scale, E-truggy and 4x4 SC. E-truggy on a big track is a mind blowing blast I can't believe that class hasn't totally exploded yet.
With one of the biggest events in the east yearly (motorama) being only e-truggy it will continue to gain in popularity. The trick is getting a few of the bigger pro-series and similar groups to get behind it as well for it to pick up even faster. Love the e-truggy class and love my tekno losi 8t 2.0, rediculous amounts of fun racing it.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

what kinda speeds does a coverted brushless truggy do? say the castle 2200, or tekin 2250, on 4s, with whatever gearing. just for bash fun

im kinda wantin a etruggy, but like stated, don't want to buy the kit, and buy the conversion kit, and still have to buy motor etc

an etruggy kit would def be cool
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wease

Dam ! Yea i like to see that kind of constant turnouts of E-Truggys at the outdoor track i go to i know im dreaming though.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Team c has a e-truggy the t8te you can find it @evohobbies.com on sale for $409 I think that is a smoking deal. I have more than that in each of my 2 e-ST-RR's that I converted. I would like to see more e kits.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FormulaOfSpeed
what kinda speeds does a coverted brushless truggy do? say the castle 2200, or tekin 2250, on 4s, with whatever gearing. just for bash fun

im kinda wantin a etruggy, but like stated, don't want to buy the kit, and buy the conversion kit, and still have to buy motor etc

an etruggy kit would def be cool
with a mmm, 2200 4s I wouldn't go for more than 50mph though possible for a few speed passes and asphalt play. Can easily push up to 70 with a 6s lipo for some crazy times if you get some of those hpi faultline type tires on. Obviously as for most racing gearing the truck for around 38mph is best, given tire bloat etc you will always be well over that on straights anyway.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

E-truggy's have plenty of power and are great fun. R40victim put up a video of a e-truggy doing backflips while leading the main against nitro's.That was a few years ago and that was when I had to give e-power a try so out came the smokers and I havn't looked back. Crazy thing is I still have everything 2 convert them back to nitro but just can't see that happening I love e-power.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We'd love to make one. We'll see where the market takes us though. We really appreciate the enthusiasm and the suggestions. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

well durago and serpent are bring out there version of the e truggy team ae got a e conversion for there truggy onces good brand bring there out ther be shoot in etruggy i reath e truggy then nitro
Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknorc
We'd love to make one. We'll see where the market takes us though. We really appreciate the enthusiasm and the suggestions. Thanks!
If you build it...we will buy it! Sometimes a company like Tekno can pop out a Brushlees Truggy kit and this will get the class going.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
I figured this would be your next logical step in kits with the eb48 and sct410 already being done and getting good results. I love truggy just as much as buggy and I know I would buy at least one if you made one. I bet it would be a great seller for you....
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Yea I would buy I one I love e truggy class it would rock if I had sct buggy and truggy of the tekno brand
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

The Tekno buggy is really gaining popularity around here, and the question of a truggy is becoming more and more common.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

yes they sure are they start to grow here in oz and if right push then it get big
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Anybody else have an opinion on this topic?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.