Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 4wd buggie options ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default 1/10 4wd buggie options ?

Me and my son been running 4wd sc for a yr and wile their decent to drive maintenance sucks trying to keep up with 2 full race trucks (losi scte, Durango v2) not to mention battery expense . ...
So looking to trade or sell my trucks and equipment and go with 1/10 buggys
Can I get come pros and cons from one biggie to the next ?
Battery layouts and options . Can any of them work good with single shorty pack and be comparative ?
And something that don't need $100+ in option parts to be competitive .
Springs I understand and tires but don't want to rebuild car and have 2 boxes full of stock parts that's not up to par like with the Durango sc truck ... thanks for the info as I get it
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Me and my son been running 4wd sc for a yr and wile their decent to drive maintenance sucks trying to keep up with 2 full race trucks (losi scte, Durango v2) not to mention battery expense . ...
Battery layouts and options . Can any of them work good with single shorty pack and be comparative ?
Springs I understand and tires but don't want to rebuild car and have 2 boxes full of stock parts that's not up to par like with the Durango sc truck ... thanks for the info as I get it
I'm pretty sure all the new wheeler kits run saddles. I think the old B44 may run stick.

The only thing you need to upgrade on the B44.2 is rpm ball cups... that's it. Most are running green rear spring... $5. But that's a setup preference.

There are a couple other buggies out there too and they look like they also don't need any upgrades.

4x buggies are a lot of fun to drive, dirt F1 cars
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

most 4wd buggies take saddle packs.. but most 2wds take sticks short or long so your'e good there. The other reason to go 2wd is that 4wd is more expensive to run, more power more speed more money more maintenance more severe breakages and so on.
Also stick to a major brand so parts and support are everywhere. Can't go wrong with an Associated B4 , Losi 22 would be the two. Other brands are great for their own reasons.
You could also consider buying a used one to save a few bucks but be careful...
With all that said when you get ready for a 4wd buggy get the Xray XB4.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

4wd is key been driving tc for about 10yrs and just prefer 4wd .
Associated 44 sounds good . But I think I'm able to get the xb4 cheaper . Just not sure if the kit will cut it without upgrades ...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I just got a b44.2 a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it so far.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

4wd is key been driving tc for about 10yrs and just prefer 4wd .
Associated 44 sounds good . But I think I'm able to get the xb4 cheaper . Just not sure if the kit will cut it without upgrades ...
xb4 cheaper B44.2 runs around $370 and I don't think I've seen the xb4 cheaper than $425
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Love my dex210, you can race it right out of the box.. great deal from towerhobbies w/ 50 coupon free ship.

A few things to grab w/ it - exotek front bulkhead, chassis weight. If you wreck a lot may want to snag a tresrey RF (rear/front side) hinge pin holder. Other than that It's been awesome for me.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
xb4 cheaper B44.2 runs around $370 and I don't think I've seen the xb4 cheaper than $425
Me and my son have a X-ray on road deal ...
Old 02-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Me and my son have a X-ray on road deal ...
so your sponsored by Xray but are contemplating a b44.2? granted I don't know the details of your deal, but it would seem to me this shouldn't even be a question for you Only way I was ever able to run a different car than my sponsor was if my sponsor didn't have a car in that class.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
so your sponsored by Xray but are contemplating a b44.2? granted I don't know the details of your deal, but it would seem to me this shouldn't even be a question for you Only way I was ever able to run a different car than my sponsor was if my sponsor didn't have a car in that class.
This.

You won't regret the XB4 at all. Awesome car right out of the box. You don't need any thing else besides oils.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

^thats what I wanted to know . I read over in the xb4 thread and they all talk of several upgrades. I don't want to spend 380 a kit and then spend another 200 to make them dependable.
I am thinking the xb4 just cause we r sponsored just want a unbias opinion about what's out there . Tks for the info