RTR Eletric buggy shopping >

RTR Eletric buggy shopping

RTR Eletric buggy shopping

Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RTR Eletric buggy shopping

Hi,
Im looking to get a RTR eletric buggy.
I have a Losi xxx-sII eletric street car so i know a little bit about R/C. But i know very little about off road. Whats a good buggy?
I saw these Losi Associate

I am on a $300.00 budget i CANT go over there. im looking for a 1/10th scale. Any suggestions?

Btw which is better 2wd or 4wd?

Thank you

Last edited by CrypticApathy; 04-21-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Well, since you're on a budget the B-IV SE RTR is a versatile choice. It's a great car even if it is RTR. I'd probably recommend the BkII over the B-IV, because of it's simplicity to set up & drive, but they don't make a RTR. If you're willing to save up & go past that budget I'd definately go for the BkII.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

i would get the rc10 b4 rtr its a very good price and its very competive
Old 04-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want an electric buggy and you already own a team losi. Get the team losi bk1 or bk2. The bk2 you wont be able to afford on that budget.

But the bk1 you will and its also a very capable racer. I actually have 2 for sale if your interested and some electronics. I could get you in on that budget and make these RTR for you.

Let me know.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Oh and 2wd is good for buggy, at least for racing cause lots have them so its easier to race.

2wd is also easier to take care of

and it weighs less so it can jump better and has a good top speed and is more efficient all around.

But 4wd will grip nicely.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the offer artificial, but im still saving up the money. Im not sure when ill have all of it.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For the Losi, the be on the latest spec you would want the Bk2 as I believe that are a good amount of changes versus the original BK series . Probably why you see them going for so cheap on the net.

For the B4, the RTR can be had for around $200 but I would strongly recommend that you upgrade the steering servo to something stronger. The stock servo has a tendency to get damaged pretty quick.

If your budget is 300 for the vehicle in RTR form ( note, no batteries ), spending extra for a better servo isn't a bad idea.

You can also try hunting ebay or the boards for used vehicles.

Try and buy at your LHS if you can and if they deserve your business.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

i got batteries and charger and stuff b/c of my street car. Thank you for all the sudgestions i may just try to save up for the bk2 that everyone is recommending.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Also... make sure you Local Hobby Shop carries parts for whatever buggy you decide to purchase. Less down time waiting for parts that way.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a few big name hobby shops local. Tower hobbies is close (so ive heard) and i have like 4 hobby town USA's by me.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I was looking through one of my magazines and i saw this.
Duratrax Evader BX Pro
Someone told me Duratrax was a bad brand to by can anyone confirm this? And if its not, why is the RTR so much cheaper then the other ones. I know you get what you pay for so i dont mind paying the little extra.

and what about this one
Tamiya Rising Storm RTR

Last edited by CrypticApathy; 04-24-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Get a B4 Team buggy, more durable than the BK2. AE is better....
Old 04-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Legend

The Rising Storm I beleive is the gravel hound with just a different body on it. There are a lot of forums about this vehicle and people appear to like it but if you plan to race it, you will need various upgrades. If Tamiya really wanted to, they could make one heck of a 4wd race buggy.

For a budget 4wd buggy, the MRC / Academy SB Sport or its RTR version is quite the vehicle, with the Pro version only being a few bucks more. I have had the Sport model for last years racing and I have the Pro now and I love the vehicles.

If you want to go strictly 2wd, for the money the B4 would be my pick. I have seen the duratrax vehicles run and I believe the issues with them would be less if it was available as a kit. Alot of times the vehicle isn't assembled correctly and you end up deal with problems from that. For there "Pro" graphite edition RTR, they should have left the kit unassembled but include all the other stuff. The vehicle I beleive should handle as well as the older Losi XX did. Still good but not as good as the B4 or BK2.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

wow thanks cain. I never new why alot of people seemed to boycott duratrax
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Legend

no problem. Whatever you get, I recommend dissassembling it if its a RTR and verifying all was put together properly. I know that defeats the "RTR" of the vehicle but in the long wrong you will be happier. With 2wd vehicles, dissassembly doesn't take long either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.