Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What 1/8 buggy to buy!!?!! > What 1/8 buggy to buy!!?!!

What 1/8 buggy to buy!!?!!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Up for sale LINK
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ses601 View Post
buy a used roller of whatever you can get parts easiest for. then pick up a tekno conversion kit, hobbywing 80amp/2250 combo. basic dsm will work fine - this cheapo plan led to podium finishes every time i raced, with MANY different brands of different rollers (between 3-4 years with 8e), no lie (and i never had fresh tires, lol)......absolutely a no brainer, and i think no one can argue - thrashed roller, tekno conversion kit (freshens it up AND makes an unreal handling platform), hobbywing 80amp/2250kv combo
Originally Posted by ses601 View Post
very good choice with the mugen....you should be able to find an eco roller for more like 250-275, brand new SMOOOOOOOOTH hobbywing setup, a couple turnigy 4s packs, and an XP1313 (which is all you need for how much steering you can tune for with that car) for a little less. when you need to redo the chassis/shafts, etc. just pick up a tekno coversion and it will be AGAIN as good as the eco was when compared with the others from the start, lol
Totally 100% agree with ses601. I had 2 mbx6r nitro chassis and wanted to start running electric again. Thought about selling then both to raise funds to by a new electric buggy but with the new mbx7 out, the mbx6r was hard to sell unless I let it go for peanuts which I wasn't prepared to do.
So I decided to convert 1 with a Tekno conversion...... For the money the conversion cost along with a FTW tekno shell.... $150 you can't go wrong.
It went together so well and looks great. I put the eco setup on it and toke it to my local track for the first time last week. This thing was amazing and so easy to drive with plenty steering. I was running much quicker lap times and a lot more consistent within minutes of putting it on the track.
I loved it so much I've already ordered a second tekno kit for my other mbx6r and a backup.
Plus with the tekno you get the option of runnng mechanical brakes and traktion/elektri clutch.
I've now added both traktion drive and elektric clutch and well try it this weekend.
I've got a Tenshock x812 1900/ HW 150a combo and its fantastic. I've had tekin setup in the passed and I honestly can't tell the difference.

Id upload some pics but can't as I've not posted enough on here.

So basically:

Used Mbx6r roller - $150
tekno kit - $125
FTW Shell - $22
Tenshock x812 / Hobbywing 150a combo $240 alternatively tenshock x802 v2 / Hobbywing 150a combo $185 ( this is what I've ordered for my second buggy.

Still got plenty money left for charger, servo and nano 6600 2s lipos.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Any love for AE?

I was just wondering if the AE RC8.2e RTR was worth getting? I'm not racing, just driving around in the front of the house and occasionally on the track.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
I was just wondering if the AE RC8.2e RTR was worth getting? I'm not racing, just driving around in the front of the house and occasionally on the track.
Sure, its perfect for that.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roadster625 View Post
Totally 100% agree with ses601. I had 2 mbx6r nitro chassis and wanted to start running electric again. Thought about selling then both to raise funds to by a new electric buggy but with the new mbx7 out, the mbx6r was hard to sell unless I let it go for peanuts which I wasn't prepared to do.
So I decided to convert 1 with a Tekno conversion...... For the money the conversion cost along with a FTW tekno shell.... $150 you can't go wrong.
It went together so well and looks great. I put the eco setup on it and toke it to my local track for the first time last week. This thing was amazing and so easy to drive with plenty steering. I was running much quicker lap times and a lot more consistent within minutes of putting it on the track.
I loved it so much I've already ordered a second tekno kit for my other mbx6r and a backup.
Plus with the tekno you get the option of runnng mechanical brakes and traktion/elektri clutch.
I've now added both traktion drive and elektric clutch and well try it this weekend.
I've got a Tenshock x812 1900/ HW 150a combo and its fantastic. I've had tekin setup in the passed and I honestly can't tell the difference.

Id upload some pics but can't as I've not posted enough on here.

So basically:

Used Mbx6r roller - $150
tekno kit - $125
FTW Shell - $22
Tenshock x812 / Hobbywing 150a combo $240 alternatively tenshock x802 v2 / Hobbywing 150a combo $185 ( this is what I've ordered for my second buggy.

Still got plenty money left for charger, servo and nano 6600 2s lipos.
Glad to hear positive things about the mugen i wont have mine up and running for a few weeks just cause i have to get a battery charger and tx/rx for it. Witch normally would have been no problem but i just bought a computer so ill get to look at it sit for a week or two lol. Ill post my opinion of it when i get it fired up though Thanks again for all the feed back everyone. This site has been amazing for any information i needed so far and hope to keep learning.