Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Need Help On Two Associated RC8 Buggies Please. >

Need Help On Two Associated RC8 Buggies Please.

Need Help On Two Associated RC8 Buggies Please.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Questions?? Need Help On Two Associated RC8 Buggies Please.

Hi guy's

I just picked up two used Associated RC8 buggies. I don't know which one i should do up and race. I think one is a RC8B electric conversion and the other one is a RC8e i believe.

I started getting new RC8.2 Parts to replace one of these buggies with, but what would you guy's do. Which to upgrade and which one to pass on to my son so he can race? Any info would be great.

cheers,

Believe this is the RC8B electric conversion.

I think this is the RC8e
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ICEBERG View Post
Hi guy's

I just picked up two used Associated RC8 buggies. I don't know which one i should do up and race. I think one is a RC8B electric conversion and the other one is a RC8e i believe.

I started getting new RC8.2 Parts to replace one of these buggies with, but what would you guy's do. Which to upgrade and which one to pass on to my son so he can race? Any info would be great.

cheers,

Believe this is the RC8B electric conversion.

I think this is the RC8e
The second one looks to be the worlds upgrade car and the other one looks to be a an rc8be. I would use the worlds car for your kid and then upgrade the b for your self. The reason being is the worlds car has similar geometry to the new car just has a higher cg.
Jason
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. The RC8b does seem like a better choice to upgrade. So all the SC8.2e parts should fit the SC8b right? Do I need to look out for any surprises when doing the upgrade? Also I want to be able to keep up with my son, so mine has to handle a little bit better, can't drive good as use to.

Thanks,